Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: Keep an open mind! Finding the truth means willingness to listen to many ideas. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NY Major is racist
Eric Adams uses racial slur in unearthed 2019 video on policing

NYC mayor bragged he 'kicked those crackers†a--'

An unearthed video of newly-minted New York City Mayor Eric Adams shows him using a racial slur in a talk on policing.

The 2019 video shows Adams speaking to a crowd at the Harlem Business Alliance about his rise through the ranks of the New York Police Department (NYPD).

While speaking to the crowd, Adams uses a racial slur to refer to the White officers he outperformed as he grew his career as a police officer.

"I became a sergeant, a lieutenant, and a captain, you know the story," Adams also said. "Some people oversell it trying to reinvent me, but the reality is: what I was then is who I am now."

Adams was asked about his use of the slur at a Friday press conference, prompting him to apologize.

"Should not have been used. Someone asked me a question using that comment and, playing on that word, I responded in that comment," Adams said. "But clearly it is a comment that should not be used, and I apologize not only to those who heard it, but to New Yorkers because they should expect more from me and that was inappropriate."

New York Police Benevolent Association president Patrick Lynch addressed the mayor's previous comments in a Friday statement, saying "whenever a controversial video of a police officer surfaces online, we ask for fairness instead of a rush to outrage."

"We will apply the same standard here. We have spoken with Mayor Adams about this video," Lynch continued. "We have spent far too many hours together in hospital emergency rooms these past few weeks, and we've worked together for decades before that."

"A few seconds of video will not define our relationship," he added. "We have a lot of work to do together to support our members on the streets."

The videoâ€s unearthing comes a month after Adams was sworn in as mayor of the Big Apple, replacing widely-panned former Mayor Bill de Blasio.

Adams took a hard stance against his partyâ€s "demonizing" of law enforcement in July, pointing out that few of his fellow Democrats "have ever been part of law enforcement."
Make America Honest Again
Can you imagine if Mayor Rudy had said "I kicked some N****** ass!"?

Adams gets a pass, of course.

Remember, leftists don't have a problem with racism; leftists have a problem with YOUR racism.
Anti-individualistic, the Fascist conception of life stresses the importance of the State and accepts the individual only in so far as his interests coincide with those of the State...

- Benito Mussolini
I have no problem with this. I think it's hilarious. How about conservatives take the high ground and just say, no big deal, we don't care, and move on. No one is actually offended by this, and the only reason people are trying to make it into a thing is to "own the libs".
(02-04-2022, 04:31 PM)wydileie Wrote: I have no problem with this. I think it's hilarious. How about conservatives take the high ground and just say, no big deal, we don't care, and move on. No one is actually offended by this, and the only reason people are trying to make it into a thing is to "own the libs".
I personally don't like it because I think that any racial hatred is bad and it only makes things worse.

Hate begats hate.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
(02-04-2022, 04:31 PM)wydileie Wrote: I have no problem with this. I think it's hilarious. How about conservatives take the high ground and just say, no big deal, we don't care, and move on. No one is actually offended by this, and the only reason people are trying to make it into a thing is to "own the libs".
Actually, the police union rep states that.
Make America Honest Again

Those remarks demonstrate a genuine disdain for white people.
Anti-individualistic, the Fascist conception of life stresses the importance of the State and accepts the individual only in so far as his interests coincide with those of the State...

- Benito Mussolini
Jeez its nothing to see here,

Documented and Law Blacks can't be Racist
Calling him out for this is just perpetuating this Charmin soft society we are all in. Let's all grow a pair and be adults and not blow up minor incidents. A "genuine disdain for white people". Ha. Give me a break.
(02-04-2022, 05:02 PM)wydileie Wrote: Calling him out for this is just perpetuating this Charmin soft society we are all in. Let's all grow a pair and be adults and not blow up minor incidents. A "genuine disdain for white people". Ha. Give me a break.
MSNBC guest: 'Make America Great Again' supporters want to 'lynch or murder' Black people

I know right,  we need to be above our enemy.
(02-04-2022, 05:02 PM)wydileie Wrote: Calling him out for this is just perpetuating this Charmin soft society we are all in. Let's all grow a pair and be adults and not blow up minor incidents. A "genuine disdain for white people". Ha. Give me a break.

Would you say the same if Rudy had said the same and used the pejorative "N******"?

- Benito Mussolini
(02-04-2022, 05:07 PM)K9Buck Wrote:

Would you say the same if Rudy had said the same and used the pejorative "N******"?
I'm of the mind that words only offend if you allow them to, and that society needs to just get over being offended by any words. If society at large doesn't get offended, they cease to have power over people.

That being said, equating the n-word and cracker is over the top ridiculous. There is historical and real oppression associated with the n-word that simply doesn't exist with cracker. They have nowhere near the same force or connotation.
(02-04-2022, 05:16 PM)wydileie Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 05:07 PM)K9Buck Wrote:

I'm of the mind that words only offend if you allow them to, and that society needs to just get over being offended by any words. If society at large doesn't get offended, they cease to have power over people.

That being said, equating the n-word and cracker is over the top ridiculous. There is historical and real oppression associated with the n-word that simply doesn't exist with cracker. They have nowhere near the same force or connotation.

Doesn't matter.  The intent is the same, but it's ok to denigrate white people because, well, they're white.  But I suppose that we can agree to disagree.  I won't return your shots.

- Benito Mussolini
(02-04-2022, 05:32 PM)K9Buck Wrote: Doesn't matter.  The intent is the same, but it's ok to denigrate white people because, well, they're white.  But I suppose that we can agree to disagree.  I won't return your shots.

It's much harder to infer intent because white people as a society at large don't have the same reaction to cracker that black people do to the n-word. He may just call white dudes crackers as a joke, because white people generally don't care. Heck, Bill Burr has a bit about it where he wishes cracker became a mainstream thing to call white people.
(02-04-2022, 05:47 PM)wydileie Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 05:32 PM)K9Buck Wrote: Doesn't matter.  The intent is the same, but it's ok to denigrate white people because, well, they're white.  But I suppose that we can agree to disagree.  I won't return your shots.

It's much harder to infer intent because white people as a society at large don't have the same reaction to cracker that black people do to the n-word. He may just call white dudes crackers as a joke, because white people generally don't care. Heck, Bill Burr has a bit about it where he wishes cracker became a mainstream thing to call white people.

I don't disagree with you, but I do disagree with the cultural double-standard.

- Benito Mussolini
I'm a Bingo Playing Fish Eater.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's now racist to inform authorities that a newborn has crack in its system K9Buck 52 302 04-06-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Hightop77
  New England's new coach is a racist idiot K9Buck 18 363 01-18-2024, 06:28 PM
Last Post: stxbuck
  "That's Racist!" Thread P1tchblack 471 20,190 01-14-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Sanitarian2
  Glad my son isn’t a chem major Erhino 26 498 08-30-2023, 11:20 AM
Last Post: TroyKidd
  You can't be racist to a white person... ChinaBuck 1 83 08-23-2023, 04:00 AM
Last Post: Beastdog
  Oh say can you SEE? Racist black singers? zigbee 11 192 07-07-2023, 04:08 AM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  iPhone OS17 update - major autocorrect correction ChinaBuck 0 78 06-11-2023, 01:23 AM
  Woke = Racist ChinaBuck 0 68 06-04-2023, 04:14 AM
  Godless, leftist, lying, TRASH accuses Elon Musk of being a racist K9Buck 13 306 05-07-2023, 08:55 AM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  Cracker Barrel is Racist !!!!! ChinaBuck 16 377 04-10-2023, 06:12 PM
Last Post: zigbee