Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: Your life doesn't get better by chance. It gets better by change. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
zigbeeClarify on search
First, let me offer apology to Scarlethayes on the search at bottom of the FRONT page of this forum.  He was right.   When you do not open a thread that box is visible and the drop down box can also offer way to search in more detail with specific information.   That was my fault in really not understanding what he was referring and the box is only visible when you have not opened a thread.   It is the same box as top right but it differs in you search THIS FORUM, not the entire site.

The search this forum can be frustrating if you do not get the exact wording.  I've put in searches and didn't get the wording right and when I eventually found the information I'm like, no way.   One letter or word out of place and it will not turn up what you are looking for.

That being said, he was correct and I was wrong.   I was teasing him a bit but that may not have come across as intended.  My mistake and apologies along with that.
Make America Honest Again
Off with his head! 30 lashes! Crack a cold one and relax. Scarlet knows how to roll. And schitt, he requires a correction every now and then whether deserved or not. Big head syndrome and all that rot.
Ye shall suffer the consequences. For your transgression, Ye shall be condemned to be exiled to a remote island with only Margot Robbie as your companion (or a GILF of your choice).
"Don't, I say don't bother me dog, can't ya see I'm thinkin'?"   Foghorn Leghorn
(01-21-2022, 08:11 PM)dunefan Wrote: Off with his head!  30 lashes!  Crack a cold one and relax.  Scarlet knows how to roll.  And schitt, he requires a correction every now and then whether deserved or not.  Big head syndrome and all that rot.
Yes, being the leader sometimes means you admit when you eff up and he's a LONG time poster and contributor so didn't want to rub my boy the wrong way.  

I can work this place up and down and backwards but I've really never used that option on search before or paid it much mind.   The top right has worked well when I needed to look up something like Meat Loaf....which I found in 5 seconds.  Hehehe Big Grin
Make America Honest Again
Earlier I was like, am I losing my mind (up for debate anyway)?  Is it only visible on the laptop and not on phones?  vice versa?  etc...   

It's funny, I just got home and I was going to run some search experiments using the 2 options to see if there is a difference.  My hunch, especially after what Zig just said, is that the bottom one sucks azz in comparison.  So from henceforth I will be using the top search.   Cool

as an aside, either early on in the life of this board I used the top search and it ended up as just a general internet search, or I somehow screwed it up and got that result instead of a ZNH search???   Anyway, my point is that I gave up on that one very early in the life of the board---especially when I saw the forum search at the bottom of the page---and have been using the bottom one ever since. 

I'm actually glad this little issue came about, maybe now my searches will go much more smoothly.  [Image: emoji106.png]     Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
(01-21-2022, 07:48 PM)zigbee Wrote: First, let me offer apology to Scarlethayes on the search at bottom of the FRONT page of this forum.  He was right.   When you do not open a thread that box is visible and the drop down box can also offer way to search in more detail with specific information.   That was my fault in really not understanding what he was referring and the box is only visible when you have not opened a thread.   It is the same box as top right but it differs in you search THIS FORUM, not the entire site.

The search this forum can be frustrating if you do not get the exact wording.  I've put in searches and didn't get the wording right and when I eventually found the information I'm like, no way.   One letter or word out of place and it will not turn up what you are looking for.

That being said, he was correct and I was wrong.   I was teasing him a bit but that may not have come across as intended.  My mistake and apologies along with that.

You make a Joe Biden press conference look professional.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elon Musk to provide "XMail" service and is rumored to be creating own search engine K9Buck 15 203 02-26-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Correct, Google and other search engines have been sanitized to serve the WE K9Buck 1 70 09-30-2023, 08:18 PM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  For fun I typed this into a Google search. ScarletHayes 3 480 01-07-2021, 10:11 PM
Last Post: davebucknut
  Nellie Ohr transcript... UPDATE: FBI 702 "About Search" Queries Unconstitutional BoyGenius 97 13,601 10-08-2019, 06:58 PM
Last Post: BoyGenius