Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: People do not care until they learn how much you do. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ChinaBuckConflict of Spirit
Over 18 months ago I had a talented designerworking with me on the very beginning of a complicated Childrens hospital design competition. We met with the client and they told us the medical planning layout I did could work. But hey, for all I knew they told the same thing to other competitors. Anyway, we were slammed at the time. The only people available was the talented designer and me. We reached out to some contract folks, but they were all busy. So I told the designer itâ€s just the two of us instead of the usual 3 to 5 people. At the time he was also going through a family crisis with his mother and he had gotten divorced a couple of months previous. So he told me he could not put in any extra time, so we had to decide that day to stop pursuing it. 

The very next day he up and quits, and only gave us two days notice (actually not that unusual in China). A couple of months go by and we see in an online medical design journal that an independent team won the competition. It then dawns on me, thatâ€s my medical planning layout!!! A day later we find out that my former designer who had left my company, got two of his buddies and they cranked out the scheme and won the project! Needless to say, I felt greatly betrayed and angry. Plus that was a big contract to lose. 

Yesterday, I learn from a friend of a friend that this designer has recently converted to Christianity. He showed me a picture of his baptism (full body style). Part of me still is very angry with him, I helped him a lot while he was going through his family crises. But part of me says I should reach out and congratulate him. I admit I am struggling with this. 

What do you think?
"Don't, I say don't bother me dog, can't ya see I'm thinkin'?"   Foghorn Leghorn
Congratulations on the conversion and the project could meet a few objectives.

Let him know you know.
Should induce a little uncomfortable guilt.
Puts you on the higher road.
Adds the option to be passive aggressive.

If thatâ€s enough…then reach out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Itâ€s certainly understandable how you feel China.
I would be torn here as as well.
Wether you do or donâ€t call him, if you havenâ€t, you need to forgive him.
Itâ€s ok to be angry just “sin not”
Unfortunate situation to he put you in here.
Send him a card congratulating him on his conversion and let him know that you forgive him for cheating you out of the contract.
Anti-individualistic, the Fascist conception of life stresses the importance of the State and accepts the individual only in so far as his interests coincide with those of the State...

- Benito Mussolini
Thank you to all three of you for responding. I've thought more about it for the last couple of days. I am going to send him a congrats message on WeChat. I decided not to mention anything about forgiveness of his previous action to him at this time, because, to be honest, I'm still working through that part, but I know I need to get there eventually.

I'll see how he responds to my WeChat message and decide how to go from there.
"Don't, I say don't bother me dog, can't ya see I'm thinkin'?"   Foghorn Leghorn
It is perfectly human to be disappointed, angry, and the like against this man. He stole from you. That is no small thing.

Bitterness, revenge is a poison that affects the person holding it. For your betterment, make sure you donâ€t yield to this.

Forgiveness can be given as a release from above, but only truly complete if he comes to ask for it. One would think that at some point the Holy Spirit will work on him to make restitution for this.

No longer GroupThink 'woke'.  but it was fun while it lasted.
Offer to help him explain YOUR design if needed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Since the Holy Spirit reveals God's truth to us... K9Buck 13 830 07-11-2022, 01:12 AM
Last Post: churchnearme