Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A Big Bang led to star being born.

WELCOME new member AMaizawing (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If there is a way to have a Christian only sub-forum...
...for discussion between those who profess to be followers of Jesus, would you participate in it?  Secondly, Zig, is it possible?
Anti-individualistic, the Fascist conception of life stresses the importance of the State and accepts the individual only in so far as his interests coincide with those of the State...

- Benito Mussolini
I would find it interesting to have some real discussion....unfortunately that's impossible as we are currently structured. And no, it's not because I don't want dissenting voices in. It's that when a person continually intentionally/unintentionally misstates things and doesn't discuss, it destroys any attempts to have a back and forth.

No longer GroupThink 'woke'.  but it was fun while it lasted.
(11-30-2021, 03:19 PM)Alabuckeye Wrote: I would find it interesting to have some real discussion....unfortunately that's impossible as we are currently structured.  And no, it's not because I don't want dissenting voices in.  It's that when a person continually intentionally/unintentionally misstates things and doesn't discuss, it destroys any attempts to have a back and forth.

Perhaps it's possible to have a by-invite only forum wherein anyone can read, but only invitees can post.
Anti-individualistic, the Fascist conception of life stresses the importance of the State and accepts the individual only in so far as his interests coincide with those of the State...

- Benito Mussolini
For the record, in the thread "Question for my fellow Christians", I only posted once and it was clearly a humorous reference to the fact that you see me as the anti-christ.  But, while there was plenty I could have/wanted to say, you made your audience clear in the title so I butted out.

I think simply making it clear that it's a "believers only " thread would be enough.
It can be done easily .  In fact we've discussed this previously.
Make America Honest Again
I try to only butt in when the atheists bad type of stuff is posted or something similar. But really you could just ignore p!tch and not respond. But if you ignore me there will be hell to pay.
(11-30-2021, 05:08 PM)zigbee Wrote: It can be done easily .  In fact we've discussed this previously.

If it's not too much trouble, I believe it would increase the quality of this forum wherein Christians can discuss the various tenets of Christianity without the derailments.

- Benito Mussolini
Pretty sure there are at least a million forums for christians by Christians.
(11-30-2021, 05:28 PM)Blinky Wrote: Pretty sure there are at least a million forums for christians by Christians.
Sure there are, but there is an awareness of each other here that would encourage better conversation. Here I feel I could ask a question that I may not ask elsewhere. A couple of years ago I lurked in a Christian forum, but never felt comfortable in participating. With people in the Zigbee Nuthouse we are primarily made up of people that have a 10 year plus relationship. So it is a huge difference.
"Don't, I say don't bother me dog, can't ya see I'm thinkin'?"   Foghorn Leghorn
Iâ€m in.
In
If such a sub-forum is created, I predict more anger and vitriol will be displayed than anywhere on the rest of the board.  Cool
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are you a Christian Nationalist? maize 25 349 02-26-2024, 07:17 AM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  Great read on Christian McCaffery TakeThePoints 0 41 02-11-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: TakeThePoints
  IS this forum going away? TakeThePoints 68 1,323 12-12-2023, 12:27 AM
Last Post: Soupcity Kid
  Why are we, members of this forum, unable to reconcile with one another? K9Buck 87 1,529 12-01-2023, 02:02 AM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  How to identify a narcissist on a forum K9Buck 54 1,019 06-25-2023, 05:25 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  Who is fabricating the "Christian Nationalism" narrative? K9Buck 3 135 01-29-2023, 11:52 PM
  Non-Christian Creationism-Do you support it’s teaching? stxbuck 9 167 11-02-2022, 05:48 PM
  Remember when Obama mocked the Bible and claimed that he was a Christian? K9Buck 6 219 09-09-2022, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Blinky
  MTG embraces "Christian nationalism" K9Buck 8 289 07-25-2022, 09:32 AM
Last Post: K9Buck
  Christian nationalism taking over churches — and driving away anyone who disagrees P1tchblack 57 903 07-19-2022, 08:52 PM
Last Post: K9Buck