Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A Big Bang led to star being born.

WELCOME new member AMaizawing (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ScarletHayesMeatloaf: The living, breathing footnote of American history

Eat your heart out, Forrest Gump. 

Never mind his own music career.
mmmmmm............meatloaf and mashed potatoes.........mmmmmmmmmmmm[Image: giphy.gif]
Make America Honest Again
[Image: 5vvxi6.jpg]
The interview covered when Meatloaf was in high school, how the day of the Kennedy assassination he was near Parkland hospital and picked up a secret service or CIA guy.  He and his buddies were on TV that night, as they were asked questions by a news reporter.  Meat said he walked over to the limousine. Wasnâ€t surrounded or guarded like it would be today.  Saw everything.  Said it was surreal.  

Other story involved Meat going out to LA and trying to get a gig as a parking lot attendant.  Long story short, while waiting to interview a producer from Hair (Hair wasnâ€t out yet, but he was one of the guys that would be in charge and it was on Broadway or about to on Broadway) asked him to sing for him out of the clear blue sky.  Ended up getting him a gig with the Broadway play.  Then of course he would later land a part in the Rocky Horror Picture Show due to his start in Hair.  

Guy led a life for sure.
Back in the 80's he played at the Columbus Agora ( Now the Newport ) during the month of July. It is famous for 3 things.

Its the longest continuous running Rock n roll Venue in the Country

its famous for its whose who of acts that have played their ( Including Jimi )

And it has no Air Conditioning.

By the time Meatloaf hit the stage in the sold out SRO place it was about 115 in there. He made it about 45 minutes before falling out. LOl They dragged him backstage for about a hour and he came back out and tore the place down. Dude wouldn't give in to the heat.... Legendary show in a legendary venue.
(11-30-2021, 02:21 PM)TcSoup Wrote: Back in the 80's he played at the Columbus Agora ( Now the Newport ) during the month of July. It is famous for 3 things.

Its the longest continuous running Rock n roll Venue in the Country

its famous for its whose who of acts that have played their ( Including Jimi )

And it has no Air Conditioning.

By the time Meatloaf hit the stage in the sold out SRO place it was about 115 in there. He made it about 45 minutes before falling out. LOl They dragged him backstage for about a hour and he came back out and tore the place down. Dude wouldn't give in to the heat.... Legendary show in a legendary venue.
Good stuff TC. I wonder when the Agora first opened?
Quote:Hard times make hard men.
Hard men make easy times. 
Easy times make soft men. 
Soft men make hard times.
https://promowestlive.com/our-venues/newport-music-hall

Opened in 1970 to Music Only , Built in the 1920's

If you Google or Youtube Newport Music Hall there are a couple of great Movie Documentaries about it.

I've been in every inch of it.

When i brought my Wife here from Indiana and took her to her first show there she was unimpressed as it looks and smells the same way it did in the early 70's. I explained to her over the years the History of the place and after seeing another 100 or more shows there she understands and respects it for exactly what it is. A piece of American RocknRoll History IMO a big piece.
Every time we go for a show we look up at the Marquee and feel so lucky to be going through those doors once more.
Still only 1 mens restroom and the women must still go upstairs to the bathroom ( I showed my wife the back way up ) but the Sound, the Vibe and the cold beer can't be beat.
You ask any band worth their salt who has played there and they will tell you there is nothing like a sold out show there to play to.
I hope I go before it does because it would just break my heart not to see it proudly standing there on High Street defying time and development and still bringing RocknRoll joy to the people.
https://www.thelantern.com/2008/04/histo...usic-hall/
I've seen a handful of shows at Newport when I was at OSU. It is a fun venue for rock concerts.

Columbus also has the Alrosa Villa which I've been to a few times. I was a freshman when Dimebag got killed there. I was invited to the show but had other plans.
(12-01-2021, 04:49 PM)wydileie Wrote: I've seen a handful of shows at Newport when I was at OSU. It is a fun venue for rock concerts.

Columbus also has the Alrosa Villa which I've been to a few times. I was a freshman when Dimebag got killed there. I was invited to the show but had other plans.
The Alrosa has fence around it now and is being torn down for Section 8 affordable Apartments. SMH 

I hope Dime Bag and friends haunt that place from Top to Bottom......

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best US president in American history zigbee 25 339 03-26-2024, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Soupcity Kid
  Biden Regime's American Stasi is arresting journalists K9Buck 83 779 03-03-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  Caitlin Clark makes history! unc4corners 12 220 02-16-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: wydileie
  Who are the worst generals in history? K9Buck 12 217 02-07-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: zigbee
  Watching a show on PBS right now. The American Buffalo ScarletHayes 2 66 01-06-2024, 12:27 AM
Last Post: stxbuck
  BG/BM7 living rent free in the NH. ScarletHayes 9 140 01-05-2024, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Alabuckeye
  California Town Proposes Ban on Pride, Black and Women’s History Celebrations Hightop77 6 120 01-03-2024, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Hightop77
  Movie "American Fiction" sounds worthwhile K9Buck 0 42 12-27-2023, 07:24 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  Right turns and wrong turns in US history. ScarletHayes 22 409 12-09-2023, 12:33 AM
Last Post: stxbuck
  TWIP: American Kristallnacht Edition Iowa Mels 1 73 11-04-2023, 04:22 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck