Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: Your life doesn't get better by chance. It gets better by change. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random muttering of the day: DIL had Olympics on last night.
Gymnastics.  There were 2 US girls up to make it into the individual all-around.  Only 2 from each country qualify.  It all comes down to the balance beam between 2 girls to be the US's second representative.  Ok, so I missed the first girl's (of the final 2) routine.  The 2nd girl just nails it.  The 2nd girl was probably the younger of the 2, but either way, yeah, she hit a home run.  So the scores come up and she gets a low score.  The commentators made one remark about it and while stunned they were seemingly content to move on.  The score was almost ridiculous to the point of old school eastern bloc judging from back in the day.  I mean it was as if the judges made damn sure this girl didn't make it.  Now like I said, I didn't see the first girl's routine, but the second girl's routine I would've gave like a 9.5 out of 10 on the old standard scale.  They factor in other things like degree of difficulty now, etc...  and the scoring is different than the ole 10 scale, but this girl's score was absurdly low for what looked like just slightly short of flawless to the average person.  

Ok, the point...  did politics enter the fray here?  The girl I saw was younger and, I hate to say this, white.  The other 2 were not white girls (Simone Biles was the girl that was already in.  She is amazing and she should be in.  Other girl was an Asian looking gal and I did not see her routine.  So she may have went anyway and won, but the score given for that third girl.  Mind blowingly bad for a near flawless routine).  I guess my point is that has wokeism now corrupted even gymnastics judging?  

Maybe this is all much ado about nothing, and my cynical eye for the way the world is going just saw something that wasn't there.  I don't know, but I do know that that young girl nailed it and her score was absurdly low.  An absolute insult to common sense.  

Anyone else happen to catch this?  It's ok to admit you saw gymnastics as long as you qualify it with your wife, daughter, DIL, etc...  having it on before you sat down.   Wink
Ok...soooo.....men don't watch gymnastics.....so there's that.

I remember the blatant 'cheating' of the 1970's and 80's where the judges would routinely screw other countries.......and depending on the judges' affiliation here, I'd believe that to be more likely(IOC corruption) than woke 'get the white girl' mantra. I mean there are a ton of white folk in this.....not just from the USA.

But then I wasn't watching gymnastics. And don't have a clue on the scoring....but you seem to.....so there's that.

No longer GroupThink 'woke'.  but it was fun while it lasted.
When my daughter realized gymnastics scoring was a scam was a happy day for me. Great foundation for real sports…you know, ones with a scoreboard not a judge. It was when her friend had lower scores, yet won a competition, while she was 5th because she was in some arbitrary higher class.

That said, Scarlet, I think you are seeing ghosts. Everything isnâ€t about race no matter how much our media tries to make it so.
Gymnastics has been a foundation of white supremacy since its inception. I raise a toast to those bringing down these walls.
(07-26-2021, 08:40 AM)Alabuckeye Wrote: Ok...soooo.....men don't watch gymnastics.....so there's that.

I remember the blatant 'cheating' of the 1970's and 80's where the judges would routinely screw other countries.......and depending on the judges' affiliation here, I'd believe that to be more likely(IOC corruption) than woke 'get the white girl' mantra.  I mean there are a ton of white folk in this.....not just from the USA.

But then I wasn't watching gymnastics.  And don't have a clue on the scoring....but you seem to.....so there's that.

I already carefully crafted and qualified my remarks to give myself an excuse for having watched.  But thanks for piling on anyway.   Tongue

Anyway, did the IOC corruption involve wokeism?  This was for the second coveted spot on the US team.  Did they intentionally spike the 2nd girl's score?  Sure looked like it.  Fwiw, I'm sure wokeism has gone international as well.  I just wonder if it played a role here.
(07-26-2021, 08:45 AM)Erhino Wrote: That said, Scarlet, I think you are seeing ghosts. Everything isnâ€t about race no matter how much our media tries to make it so.

It's possible and maybe even likely that I'm seeing something that wasn't there, but all I know is that girl had a damn good routine and her score was garbage.
(07-26-2021, 08:48 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote:
(07-26-2021, 08:40 AM)Alabuckeye Wrote: Ok...soooo.....men don't watch gymnastics.....so there's that.

I remember the blatant 'cheating' of the 1970's and 80's where the judges would routinely screw other countries.......and depending on the judges' affiliation here, I'd believe that to be more likely(IOC corruption) than woke 'get the white girl' mantra.  I mean there are a ton of white folk in this.....not just from the USA.

But then I wasn't watching gymnastics.  And don't have a clue on the scoring....but you seem to.....so there's that.

I already carefully crafted and qualified my remarks to give myself an excuse for having watched.  But thanks for piling on anyway.   Tongue

Anyway, did the IOC corruption involve wokeism?  This was for the second coveted spot on the US team.  Did they intentionally spike the 2nd girl's score?  Sure looked like it.  Fwiw, I'm sure wokeism has gone international as well.  I just wonder if it played a role here.
I can't say for sure as I'm not an expert on women's gymnastics.  It looks like we will have to lean on your expertise with the 'sport'....as you are the only one capable of speaking authoritatively on it.

Yeah... well...  uhhhhhhhhhh, errrrrrrrr...   minivan!
(07-26-2021, 09:02 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote: Yeah... well...  uhhhhhhhhhh, errrrrrrrr...   minivan!
[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: 3dPX6s.gif]
This has been fun.....thanks Scarlett.....

[Image: D3Z2t2dXoAAarms?format=jpg&name=large]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random Comments that don't warrant a thread ChinaBuck 1,556 32,092 8 hours ago
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  It’s cold here in the south at night zigbee 16 212 01-22-2024, 12:27 AM
Last Post: davebucknut
  Friday Night Music lrrps21 134 9,215 12-22-2023, 09:54 PM
Last Post: maize
  I saw this referenced on a late night show and had to check it out. ScarletHayes 12 190 12-14-2023, 09:55 PM
  Friday Night Music Soupcity Kid 21 285 10-21-2023, 09:52 AM
Last Post: BWT30
  Who else besides me did NOT watch last night's GOP debate? K9Buck 31 352 09-30-2023, 06:30 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  Last night's NBC News coverage of Devin Archer testimony K9Buck 1 77 08-01-2023, 06:48 PM
  Saw Oppenheimer last night ScarletHayes 11 188 07-22-2023, 10:35 PM
Last Post: stxbuck
  Random Miscellaneous Crap ChinaBuck 106 5,023 06-09-2023, 02:49 AM
Last Post: maize
  Random Pics I've Never Shared ChinaBuck 101 1,797 05-29-2023, 05:53 AM
Last Post: dunefan