Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: Keep an open mind! Finding the truth means willingness to listen to many ideas. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hightop77Commie traitor Rosenbergs back in the news...
Hoping for Biden to "exonerate" Ethel

Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, like David Greenglass and his wife, Ruth, were communists. Like a lot of Jews, they became interested in the movement in the 1930s ... .

The Rosenbergs were executed for spying in 1953. Can their sons reveal the truth?

Ethel and Julius Rosenberg were sent to the electric chair for being Soviet spies, but their sons have spent decades trying to clear their motherâ€s name. Are they close to a breakthrough?

It was a queer, sultry summer, the summer they electrocuted the Rosenbergs…… ” So goes the opening sentence of Sylvia Plathâ€s 1963 novel The Bell Jar, referring to the Jewish American couple, Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, who were convicted of conspiracy to commit espionage and sent to the electric chair exactly 68 years ago today. Their execution casts a morbid shadow over Plathâ€s book, just as it did over the United States, and it is seen by many as the nadir of Americaâ€s engagement with the cold war. The Rosenbergs are still the only Americans ever put to death in peacetime for espionage, and Ethel is the only American woman killed by the US government for a crime other than murder.

During their trial, Ethel in particular was vilified for prioritizing communism over her children, and the prosecution insisted she had been the dominant half of the couple, purely because she was three years older. “She was the mastermind of this whole conspiracy,” assistant prosecutor Roy Cohn told the judge. But questions about whether she was guilty at all have been growing louder in recent years, and a new biography presents her in a different light. “Ethel was killed for being a wife. She was guilty of supporting her husband,” Anne Sebba, author of Ethel Rosenberg: A Cold War Tragedy, tells me. And for that, the 37-year-old mother of two young children had five massive jolts of electricity pumped through her body. Her death was so brutal that eyewitnesses reported that smoke rose out of her head.

full story ...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/j...ket-newtab
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

Should have executed Manning too. Then that would have been two “women” zapped for being treasonous traitors.
"Don't, I say don't bother me dog, can't ya see I'm thinkin'?"   Foghorn Leghorn

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TWIP:Building Bridges Back Better Edition Iowa Mels 2 32 03-31-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Website is back zigbee 10 99 03-31-2024, 12:50 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  Looking back to 2020, what were some of the dumbest things/events that happened? maize 28 261 03-27-2024, 02:05 AM
Last Post: maize
  From prison, to Rogan, then back to prison…a short story Syncro 11 159 03-09-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: stxbuck
  Our taxes are used to spy on us (old news, I know) K9Buck 0 29 03-07-2024, 07:36 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  Conspiracy Theory & Fake News Thread P1tchblack 92 1,189 03-07-2024, 06:03 PM
  Meat’s back on the menu boys! ChinaBuck 4 110 02-20-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  I've Got a Time Machine and I'll take you back in time zigbee 414 32,247 02-18-2024, 06:38 PM
  FOX News blows zigbee 33 551 02-09-2024, 12:23 AM
  Need to get back on the road again in style and comfort? Here you GO: zigbee 4 104 01-28-2024, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Alabuckeye