Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: People do not care until they learn how much you do. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden administration stops navy player from NFL dream
Here's one black dude who wishes trump won, remember his policy was to allow service academy players the right to defer their service if the NFL offered them a spot?

Not biden's.

Navy turns down Bucs rookie's request to delay service and play in NFL

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/navy-turn...lay-in-nfl

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
If Hunter had to serve...
The America, and the American Military, that you once knew is gone.
(06-08-2021, 11:23 PM)lrrps21 Wrote: If Hunter had to serve...
He got thrown out, because of the crack addiction!

Those durn commitments they sign when they enter service academies are so inconvenient....

No longer GroupThink 'woke'.  but it was fun while it lasted.
I actually support this wholeheartedly. Tax payers paid for the education. They honor the obligation.

Another scenario....cadet is taught in any number of skills (computers, piloting, engineering, engineering). The top companies want them....do we allow them to delay their obligation? Not one person enters an academy with eyes closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(06-09-2021, 08:32 AM)Georgem80 Wrote: I actually support this wholeheartedly. Tax payers paid for the education. They honor the obligation.

Another scenario....cadet is taught in any number of skills (computers, piloting, engineering, engineering). The top companies want them....do we allow them to delay their obligation? Not one person enters an academy with eyes closed.

Except the window for an NFL career is over by the time they're 30, the other skills can be used their entire lives.

I see no reason why we couldn't make an exception for a situation like this.

(06-09-2021, 08:26 AM)Alabuckeye Wrote: Those durn commitments they sign when they enter service academies are so inconvenient....

Any commissioned officer can resign for any reason. Enlisted are the ones who have to fulfill the contract.
(06-09-2021, 09:42 AM)lrrps21 Wrote:
(06-09-2021, 08:26 AM)Alabuckeye Wrote: Those durn commitments they sign when they enter service academies are so inconvenient....

Any commissioned officer can resign for any reason. Enlisted are the ones who have to fulfill the contract.
So.....he's an officer......he attended the Naval Academy, why can he not just resign his commission then?

(06-09-2021, 08:59 AM)davebucknut Wrote:
(06-09-2021, 08:32 AM)Georgem80 Wrote: I actually support this wholeheartedly. Tax payers paid for the education. They honor the obligation.

Except the window for an NFL career is over by the time they're 30, the other skills can be used their entire lives.

Then I guess the lesson is not to waste an academy appointment if you have pro aspirations.

(06-09-2021, 09:46 AM)Alabuckeye Wrote:

So.....he's an officer......he attended the Naval Academy, why can he not just resign his commission then?

Because, like most folks, he wants it both ways. I don't blame him. He could be put on reserve status while trying out for the NFL. It's how it has always been done. David Robinson was in the reserves. Nobody at the academy has the elite talent to simply resign to try out for the NFL. Staying on a reserve status means he could keep his ability to serve full time open.
(06-09-2021, 09:53 AM)lrrps21 Wrote:

Because, like most folks, he wants it both ways. I don't blame him. He could be put on reserve status while trying out for the NFL. It's how it has always been done. David Robinson was in the reserves. Nobody at the academy has the elite talent to simply resign to try out for the NFL. Staying on a reserve status means he could keep his ability to serve full time open.
OK, I'm with you.  I agree he wants his cake and eat it too.  I thought you were saying he was an enlisted dude.  My mistake.

IMO, he needs to decide which dream he wants to pursue.  Does he really want the career in the Navy, or does he want to chase the gold ring?  No shame in either, but life doesn't wait for folks.....

(06-09-2021, 09:57 AM)Alabuckeye Wrote:
(06-09-2021, 09:53 AM)lrrps21 Wrote:

OK, I'm with you.  I agree he wants his cake and eat it too.  I thought you were saying he was an enlisted dude.  My mistake.

IMO, he needs to decide which dream he wants to pursue.  Does he really want the career in the Navy, or does he want to chase the gold ring?  No shame in either, but life doesn't wait for folks.....

Yup. That's the issue. I actually blame Trump for allowing it to get this far. Something <---there's that word again - tells me if he had blue chip skills he would not be in a military academy. If he truly believes he can make the NFL he should simply resign his commission and payback the taxpayer.
(06-09-2021, 08:32 AM)Georgem80 Wrote: I actually support this wholeheartedly.  Tax payers paid for the education. They honor the obligation.

Another scenario....cadet is taught in any number of skills (computers, piloting, engineering, engineering). The top companies want them....do we allow them to delay their obligation?  Not one person enters an academy with eyes closed. 

Ok, then don't join the military if you want to play pro sports.  Not Biden's fault he agreed to multiple years in the military.
This is one of those moments of adulthood that you realize that there are serious choices, and there are serious opportunity costs for those choices. We've all been at crossroads, not as high profile as this, but we've all been there.

He has 2 great choices. But they are exclusive choices. Either/Or, not Both/And.

(06-09-2021, 09:48 AM)Georgem80 Wrote:

Then I guess the lesson is not to waste an academy appointment if you have pro aspirations.

Considering that only 1-2 players a year from army, navy, and air force even get a tryout in the NFL im not surprised he didn't have pro aspirations 5-6 years ago.

He probably had no other scholarship offers and figured he'd never get a shot at the pros.

Get real George.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Official Biden Competency Thread (formerly Biden to address nation at 7:45) maize 82 983 20 minutes ago
Last Post: Alabuckeye
  Trump v Biden Debates (second poll for second debate VOTE!) zigbee 599 84,448 04-16-2024, 02:02 PM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  The Glory of the Biden Economy ChinaBuck 1 21 04-07-2024, 05:59 AM
Last Post: dunefan
  Of course Joe Biden didn't "win" in 20', Bill Barr is in on the scam K9Buck 45 245 04-05-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  Biden's DOJ at it again. TakeThePoints 6 79 04-04-2024, 09:14 AM
Last Post: dunefan
  Is it possible that "Biden" declaring "transgender day of visibility" is a clear... K9Buck 8 85 04-04-2024, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Syncro
  Biden decree 4-1-24 National Joe Biden Day zigbee 0 22 04-01-2024, 09:45 AM
Last Post: zigbee
  The "Biden Family Corruption" mega-thread K9Buck 442 6,073 03-22-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Laken Riley’s mother goes after Biden: “pathetic” that he flubbed her name maize 8 165 03-12-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  Biden reaches (allegedly) 270, now let's talk recounts, voting audits & court battles K9Buck 2,112 201,927 03-12-2024, 04:29 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack