Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: Keep an open mind! Finding the truth means willingness to listen to many ideas. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
K9BuckWhy haven't hamburger joints figured out that they need...
...to make their own buns like good sub shops do?  

I grabbed a quarter-pounder the other day.  The bread was like half-stale.  

When was the last time you had a hamburger from a chain wherein the bread was really good?  

My favorite sub shop is Jersey Mike's.  They make their own bread.  It's excellent.  

Why can't hamburger joints make their own bread?
Anti-individualistic, the Fascist conception of life stresses the importance of the State and accepts the individual only in so far as his interests coincide with those of the State...

- Benito Mussolini
Because it's cheaper not to would be my guess.  It's probably partly how they maintain dollar/two dollar menu items
(05-15-2021, 07:15 PM)K9Buck Wrote: ...to make their own buns like good sub shops do?  

I grabbed a quarter-pounder the other day.  The bread was like half-stale.  

When was the last time you had a hamburger from a chain wherein the bread was really good?  

My favorite sub shop is Jersey Mike's.  They make their own bread.  It's excellent.  

Why can't hamburger joints make their own bread?
I'm sure it's a cost factor.

I remember speaking about burgers people make at home and a poster that had the baby avatar for baby food said best burger is when you used plain average buns.....just white buns which are run of the mill.  I buy those and I now agree.  Home made burgers, with plain white bun (not stale) dill pickle, mayo, mustard, onion, tomato....lettuce....cheese....mmmmmmm[Image: emoji488.png]   add fries you DEEP fry....mmmmmm[Image: giphy.gif]
Make America Honest Again
I'm a bit amused K9 expects any quality items at all at a fast food burger joint. For the prices they charge you're lucky to get the awful crap they serve actually.
The buns I can't stand are the Honey Buns.  

Yeah I'd like a hamburger wrapped in a Danish please.  Thanks!  Not a good combo IMO.
What guy used this avatar?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHhnZspDRZM6m-WibdFof...2&usqp=CAc]
Was it the MAGA guy all about gay marriage?  Alpo or something like that?  Been a while
(05-15-2021, 07:42 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote: Was it the MAGA guy all about gay marriage?  Alpo or something like that?  Been a while
Yes, that is him.  He did go on and on about gay marriage.  Wasn't alpo though.
Knot
(05-15-2021, 07:47 PM)Blinky Wrote: Knot
[Image: emoji106.png]
(05-15-2021, 07:48 PM)zigbee Wrote:
(05-15-2021, 07:47 PM)Blinky Wrote: Knot
[Image: emoji106.png]

Definitely rings a bell.
(05-15-2021, 07:29 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote: The buns I can't stand are the Honey Buns.  

Yeah I'd like a hamburger wrapped in a Danish please.  Thanks!  Not a good combo IMO.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
(05-15-2021, 07:52 PM)Blinky Wrote:
(05-15-2021, 07:29 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote: The buns I can't stand are the Honey Buns.  

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Big Grin   Probably doesn't taste much different.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which is best for you health wise? Hot Dog? OR Hamburger? zigbee 9 132 07-16-2023, 08:09 AM
Last Post: Sanitarian2
  Ireland figured it out on corporate taxation zigbee 2 236 07-22-2021, 05:17 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  Well....Chicago FINALLY figured out how to get rid of those GIANT Rats zigbee 10 1,832 05-14-2021, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Blinky
  Israel has already figured out that Biden doesn’t have their back. Alabuckeye 17 2,726 04-12-2021, 06:13 PM
Last Post: Hightop77
  I finally figured it out: how to get back to limited govt ScarletHayes 11 1,740 06-20-2020, 10:14 AM
Last Post: P1tchblack