Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A positive outlook is what leads to positive results.

WELCOME new member AMaizawing (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I just switched from Android to Apple
I'm having an iPhone 12-mini sent to me.  It will the first Apple product that I have purchased.  I wanted to stick with the Samsung Galaxy line but Samsung's quality has significantly diminished with the exception of their $1,300 flagship phone.  Another issue is these cell phones have gotten too damn big.  Anyway, my purchase set me back nearly $800, including tax.
Anti-individualistic, the Fascist conception of life stresses the importance of the State and accepts the individual only in so far as his interests coincide with those of the State...

- Benito Mussolini
Iâ€m about ready to get a land line back in my house.  The phone call quality of a cell phone is hot garbage on a good day.  These things can do EVERYTHING, but...  a effffffing phone call.  

I have the computing power of NORAD and the phone call quality of a string and two soup cans with this thing
Only have owned Apple phones .   No complaints.   Got TWO phones AND service from spectrum for 60 per month.   Nice.
Make America Honest Again
(05-15-2021, 04:47 PM)zigbee Wrote: Only have owned Apple phones .   No complaints.   Got TWO phones AND service from spectrum for 60 per month.   Nice.
Damn thatâ€s cheap. I spend $312 for 4 phones.
(05-15-2021, 04:00 PM)K9Buck Wrote: I'm having an iPhone 12-mini sent to me.  It will the first Apple product that I have purchased.  I wanted to stick with the Samsung Galaxy line but Samsung's quality has significantly diminished with the exception of their $1,300 flagship phone.  Another issue is these cell phones have gotten too damn big.  Anyway, my purchase set me back nearly $800, including tax.

I would have recommended a Motorola phone before an Apple.  Apple's aren't bad, but they're expensive and you're going to be cursing like a sailor for awhile, trying to figure it out.
(05-15-2021, 05:11 PM)P1tchblack Wrote:
(05-15-2021, 04:00 PM)K9Buck Wrote: I'm having an iPhone 12-mini sent to me.  It will the first Apple product that I have purchased.  I wanted to stick with the Samsung Galaxy line but Samsung's quality has significantly diminished with the exception of their $1,300 flagship phone.  Another issue is these cell phones have gotten too damn big.  Anyway, my purchase set me back nearly $800, including tax.

I would have recommended a Motorola phone before an Apple.  Apple's aren't bad, but they're expensive and you're going to be cursing like a sailor for awhile, trying to figure it out.

My wife got a Motorola and likes it.  If I don't like the Apple, I'll return it and look at those.
Anti-individualistic, the Fascist conception of life stresses the importance of the State and accepts the individual only in so far as his interests coincide with those of the State...

- Benito Mussolini
(05-15-2021, 04:59 PM)Dzone1 Wrote:
(05-15-2021, 04:47 PM)zigbee Wrote: Only have owned Apple phones .   No complaints.   Got TWO phones AND service from spectrum for 60 per month.   Nice.
Damn thatâ€s cheap. I spend $312 for 4 phones.
If you have spectrum near by I'd check into it.  It floored me what I was paying AT&T.  I have 1 GIG per month on usage off wifi.  But I don't use that.  I got brand new iphones too.  Mine is SE and my wife is the one down from it.  Not sure what it is but it's new iphone
I also got high speed internet for 60 per month.   I got sick of high payment to At&T for phones, and Spectrum for cable.  SO, dropped both.  Picked up YouTube TV and this phone deal and kept internet.   I'm spending about 190 per month for TV, phone and internet.  Was paying about 300 for all of it.
4 lines, unlimited, $100. Have to buy own phone. I have second Apple for work phone. Hated the first change, now ambivalent. Face thing sucks during masking. Had finger print on I phone 7.

Apple maps and browser suck so use google maps and browser. Like apple pay, but other phones have it also, called something else.
I use a galaxy note 9 and previously I had the note 4, so they last me a very long time and I think ill probably have a year left on this one before it dies- usually from poor battery performance and/or the processor will he slowed, but so far I've owned it for almost 4 years and it still rocks.

I've worked at places previously who gave us free iphones for work and ended up using my Samsung all if the time anyways, because quite frankly I prefer its user interface.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Had an iPhone 6 before it died(6ish years old). Main reason was that Apple stopped sending iOS updates to it this winter past 12, so the new app updates weren't loading. It was the perfect size, wasn't like using a tablet as a phone and worked well for a long time.

The new Samsung bendable screens interest me, but not enough to move from Apple, which I think is the superior product(even though their innovation largely went away with Steve Jobs' passing).

No longer GroupThink 'woke'.  but it was fun while it lasted.
I switched from Android to Apple, because I could no longer support Google's invasion of privacy and data mining.

As for the browsers, all browsers on iPhone are Safari, just reskinned. Apple does not allow separate browser code on their phones. I use the "DuckDuckGo" browser because it is in privacy mode, by default, and the search engine defaults to DuckDuckGo.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cool new feature on Android phones P1tchblack 0 74 08-22-2023, 09:24 AM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  The cultural/political shift. Dean Wormer switched parties ScarletHayes 2 227 02-19-2022, 02:39 PM
Last Post: stxbuck
  APPLE DOING AN UPDATE TO TURN OFF EMERGENCY BROADCAST SYSTEM! TAKE ACTION! computerbuck 44 6,896 01-11-2021, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Broly
  PRAISE ALLAH!!!!!!!!!!!! We LOVE APPLE PIE and ice cream too!! zigbee 14 1,048 12-31-2020, 10:27 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  Android/Apple Google COVID Tracker BWT30 2 587 07-24-2020, 10:43 AM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Apple tracks looters who steal iPhones Buckmac0 3 455 06-04-2020, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Hightop77
  FBI could not get APPLE to assist with Pensacola killer's iPhone investigation zigbee 19 5,632 05-19-2020, 03:24 PM
Last Post: 503duck
  He switched sex to win female weight lifting competition zigbee 31 1,920 07-31-2019, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Brutus Buckeye
  Apple Stock cincydawg 0 366 04-09-2019, 09:33 AM
Last Post: cincydawg
  Black Diamond Apple Grown in Tibet... BoyGenius 3 744 03-27-2019, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Soupcity Kid