Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: People do not care until they learn how much you do. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chauvin juror lied in pretrial questioning
https://www.yahoo.com/news/chauvin-juror...18703.html

Some people are dumb as rocks.  Mistrial will happen now.  At least there is a better chance for a riot now so there is that.
Yep....I could very well see a mistrial declared on appeal.

No longer GroupThink 'woke'.  but it was fun while it lasted.
Very interesting turn of events. I have no idea how this will play out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In the story he says he doesn't remember owning the T-shirt he was pictured in. It's always amazing how blatantly some people will lie.
(05-04-2021, 10:16 AM)Alabuckeye Wrote: Yep....I could very well see a mistrial declared on appeal.

There should be a mistrial.
(05-04-2021, 10:41 AM)P1tchblack Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 10:16 AM)Alabuckeye Wrote: Yep....I could very well see a mistrial declared on appeal.

There should be a mistrial.
Wow pitch with some common sense!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
There's just no way, at this point, that Chauvin doesn't get a second trial. As I said before, I simply don't know how he could ever get a fair trial, and I have no idea how that problem can be solved, so this should be interesting moving forward. It is a true test of our justice system.
I would like to think this would not cause a miss trial. There are 11 other jurors that had to reach consensus so one out of line should not throw out the entire process.

If it shows the prosecutors knew this, or supported it, or there are others That would make the entire jury tainted then it should be thrown out.
(05-04-2021, 10:46 AM)Erhino Wrote: I would like to think this would not cause a miss trial. There are 11 other jurors that had to reach consensus so one out of line should not throw out the entire process.

If it shows the prosecutors knew this, or supported it, or there are others That would make the entire jury tainted then it should be thrown out.
Don't forget Mad Max and he rioters.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
(05-04-2021, 10:46 AM)Erhino Wrote: I would like to think this would not cause a miss trial. There are 11 other jurors that had to reach consensus so one out of line should not throw out the entire process.

Not how it is supposed to work.  You lie on a questionnaire and you will be disqualified if it is found out.  This will be a mistrial.
(05-04-2021, 11:00 AM)dunefan Wrote:

Not how it is supposed to work.  You lie on a questionnaire and you will be disqualified if it is found out.  This will be a mistrial.
That would be one out if twelve. That would be an insane waste of resources. The trial prolly cost 20-30 million. Throw the jurors vote out, still 11-0.
If this would have been found during trial, he is dismissed and an alternate takes his place.

I'm surprised the court system didn't vet social media to anticipate this and address it. That would be appropriate.

No longer GroupThink 'woke'.  but it was fun while it lasted.
No question, new trial.
A larger problem is witnesses with regards to a fair trial. Clearly they were unable to find expert witnesses to counter the prosecution's witnesses effectively. There is no question it's because no one wants to go on the record. One of the ones who did was targeted. And there are huge medical questions and issues with the prosecution's case that simply were not addressed.
(05-04-2021, 11:06 AM)Erhino Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 11:00 AM)dunefan Wrote:

That would be one out if twelve. That would be an insane waste of resources. The trial prolly cost 20-30 million. Throw the jurors vote out, still 11-0.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, you need twelve (honest?) jurors to agree.  We've been doing it this way for a long time and I don't see any exceptions being made because it cost too much to have another trial.  What if it were you, your son, wife or daughter in the hot seat?  I think we both know the answer.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The FBI LIED about the snyagogue attacker K9Buck 33 1,719 01-24-2022, 03:55 PM
Last Post: TcSoup
  Fauci Lied: Why hasn't this been a top story here? P1tchblack 41 1,591 10-22-2021, 12:02 PM
Last Post: 3rdgensooner
  Chauvin should have been fired a few years back K9Buck 48 11,717 04-26-2021, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Blinky
  Chauvin Trial Smoothmflikethat 44 7,153 04-09-2021, 05:38 PM
  Did Planned Parenthood just admit they lied about the eugenics thing? maize 4 718 07-22-2020, 11:38 AM
Last Post: lrrps21
  Oooops...I’m sorry, you’ve been lied to... Alabuckeye 4 925 06-30-2020, 09:07 AM
  They lied to us computerbuck 1 583 05-02-2020, 02:01 PM
  She ate fish tank cleaner with husband..he died and Trump lied zigbee 19 3,701 04-03-2020, 01:47 PM
  Newsweek reporter LIED about D Trump and Thanksgiving and was fired zigbee 8 531 12-03-2019, 05:43 AM
Last Post: Beastdog
  WaPo: Planned Parenthood boss lied zigbee 5 766 05-30-2019, 02:13 PM
Last Post: BoyGenius