Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: People do not care until they learn how much you do. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BonebuckAny chance at all DC becomes a State??
It passed the HOR today.
No chance
DOA in senate
Make America Honest Again
Hopefully not. DC was not intended to ever be a state. Actually, not even ordinary citizens living there permanently. It was supposed to be the "central" meeting place for the 13 colonies at the time.
Doesn't it also have to be ratified by 3/4ths of the states too or am I confused?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
(04-22-2021, 07:09 PM)davebucknut Wrote: Doesn't it also have to be ratified by 3/4ths of the states too or am I confused?

That is for an amendment.  This is congress trying to make it lawful.  Lets take a look at the process:

The Admission to the Union Clause of the United States Constitution, also called the New States Clause, found at Article IV, Section 3, Clause 1, authorizes the U.S. Congress to admit new states into the Union (beyond the thirteen already in existence at the time the Constitution went into effect). The Constitution went into effect on June 21, 1788, after ratification by 9 of the 13 states, and the federal government began operations under it on March 4, 1789.[1] Since then, 37 states have been admitted into the Union. Each new state has been admitted on an equal footing with those already in existence.[2]

Of the 37 states admitted to the Union by Congress, all but six have been established within an existing U.S. organized incorporated territory. A state so created might encompass all or a portion of a territory. When the people of a territory or a region thereof have grown to a sufficient population and make their desire for statehood known to the federal government, in most cases Congress passed an enabling act authorizing the people of that territory or region to frame a proposed state constitution as a step toward admission to the Union. Although the use of an enabling act was a common historic practice, several states were admitted to the Union without one.

In many instances, an enabling act would detail the mechanism by which the territory would be admitted as a state following ratification of their constitution and election of state officers. Although the use of such an act is a traditional historic practice, several territories have drafted constitutions for submission to Congress absent an enabling act and were subsequently admitted. The broad outline for this process was established by the Land Ordinance of 1784 and the 1787 Northwest Ordinance, both of which predate the U.S. Constitution.

The Admission to the Union Clause forbids the creation of new states from parts of existing states without the consent of all the affected states and Congress. The primary intent of this caveat was to give Eastern states that still had western land claims (there were four at that time: Connecticut, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia) a veto over whether their western counties could become states.[3] This clause has served the same function since, each time a proposal to partition an existing state or states has arisen.
D.C. will be a state just as soon as the Dems steal some more elections.
Anti-individualistic, the Fascist conception of life stresses the importance of the State and accepts the individual only in so far as his interests coincide with those of the State...

- Benito Mussolini
I can only hope that this doesn't get passed, but honestly IDK.

A counter proposal would be just to cede back areas of dc where regular folk live back to Maryland or Virginia.  I mean, after all, the major  concern here is those people's representation, right?   Rolleyes 

I heard Mark Levin make this point during my drive home tonight.  That dude is just on top of it all the time.   Cool
Just like syncro frothing at the mouth last Friday about the court packing...ain't happening
(04-22-2021, 09:41 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote: A counter proposal would be just to cede back areas of dc where regular folk live back to Maryland or Virginia.  I mean, after all, the major  concern here is those people's representation, right?   Rolleyes 

I heard Mark Levin make this point during my drive home tonight.  That dude is just on top of it all the time.   Cool
Democrats want another that they can control. 2 more Senators and a couple HOR's. They are pushing this this just like packing the court with magic #13.

Democrats are pissed that the SCOTUS is 6-3 in favor of Conservatives with most being somewhat young.
It's not really 6-3.  More like 5-4 on a good day.  Roberts has become an absolute joke.  I suspect he's been owned since like 2010.
(04-22-2021, 09:57 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote: It's not really 6-3.  More like 5-4 on a good day.  Roberts has become an absolute joke.  I suspect he's been owned since like 2010.
Maybe 5-4 because Kavanaugh, gorsuch, and barrett are all establishment Washington goons and likely are compromised in some way as well.

It's high time that regular people get jobs in DC instead of lifelong cronies

(04-22-2021, 09:41 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote: A counter proposal would be just to cede back areas of dc where regular folk live back to Maryland or Virginia.  I mean, after all, the major  concern here is those people's representation, right?   Rolleyes 

It would all cede back to Virginia because Maryland, in the end, did not cede the area as was originally discussed.
"Don't, I say don't bother me dog, can't ya see I'm thinkin'?"   Foghorn Leghorn
(04-22-2021, 09:51 PM)zigbee Wrote: Just like syncro frothing at the mouth last Friday about the court packing...ain't happening

“Frothing at the mouth” for pointing out itâ€s a distinct possibility it can happen...

How many retarded Fox New links did you copy and paste here without any coherent opinion or commentary have you reposted in the week Iâ€ve been gone?

Appears I didnâ€t miss much!
(04-23-2021, 01:45 PM)Syncro Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 09:51 PM)zigbee Wrote: Just like syncro frothing at the mouth last Friday about the court packing...ain't happening

“Frothing at the mouth” for pointing out itâ€s a distinct possibility it can happen...

How many retarded Fox New links did you copy and paste here without any coherent opinion or commentary have you reposted in the week Iâ€ve been gone?

Appears I didnâ€t miss much!
Donâ€t get worked up ... cut your own steak syncro.  You can peruse the site and find out

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bill Barr part of deep state or wiifully stupid? zigbee 31 191 Yesterday, 08:29 AM
Last Post: K9Buck
  Tucker has a very sobering piece on the Deep State K9Buck 77 466 04-16-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Hightop77
  The Deep State continues its war against truth & freedom of speech K9Buck 12 95 04-08-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Hightop77
  60 minutes Parrots is going after X on the orders of the Deep State K9Buck 11 106 03-26-2024, 06:20 PM
Last Post: dunefan
  black pilled, deep state, election rigging, etc... ScarletHayes 14 260 03-07-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  I say there is no chance that Trump regains power (presidency) K9Buck 23 314 03-06-2024, 02:44 PM
Last Post: maize
  Matt Gaetz gave Deep State cockroach Lloyd Austin the word of God K9Buck 4 88 02-29-2024, 05:12 PM
Last Post: dunefan
  The hell is going on at Penn State? Syncro 88 1,191 02-19-2024, 08:44 AM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  New AD for Ohio State zigbee 5 125 01-15-2024, 10:41 PM
Last Post: maize
  Ohio State - Mizzou game thread zigbee 135 1,537 12-31-2023, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Blinky