Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A positive outlook is what leads to positive results.

WELCOME new member AMaizawing (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
K9BuckIf you suffer from asthma, wearing a mask might be better for you
https://www.jpost.com/health-science/65-...sks-665516
Anti-individualistic, the Fascist conception of life stresses the importance of the State and accepts the individual only in so far as his interests coincide with those of the State...

- Benito Mussolini
(04-18-2021, 09:17 PM)K9Buck Wrote: https://www.jpost.com/health-science/65-...sks-665516
All I have to say is that ComputerBuck is really going to be disappointed. This is devastating news for him, great for people like me and 3GS who suffer from asthma. He is convinced you will suffer from Hypoxia if you wear a mask. Now the irony for him is that Asthma can cause hypoxia. Buuuuuuut, wearing a mask actually reduces the onset of Asthma. 

My allergies were milder this year. So this study certainly suggests that wearing a mask, particularly outside, protects asthma patients. I always were a mask outside still. To be honest, my reason was more to do with not scaring the natives when they see one of them damn furriners without a mask. But hey, I was also helping my health.
"Don't, I say don't bother me dog, can't ya see I'm thinkin'?"   Foghorn Leghorn
I don't think it's enough to recommend for asthmatics but if they want to do so.... With really severe asthmatics particularly kids, we would often have families make big changes at home to reduce allergens. All hard surfaces for instance. No carpets or stuffed animals, etc.. Quality filters for the HVAC system. Most people don't want to go around with masks and I think it'll mostly stop when things are under control. 
If done properly by everyone I think they'd work. But quite frankly in a world of idiots that wasn't and isn't happening. I still don't get all the people with masks stuffed under their noses walking around. Who ties their shoes for them?
(04-18-2021, 10:36 PM)3rdgensooner Wrote: I don't think it's enough to recommend for asthmatics but if they want to do so.... With really severe asthmatics particularly kids, we would often have families make big changes at home to reduce allergens. All hard surfaces for instance. No carpets or stuffed animals, etc.. Quality filters for the HVAC system. Most people don't want to go around with masks and I think it'll mostly stop when things are under control. 
If done properly by everyone I think they'd work. But quite frankly in a world of idiots that wasn't and isn't happening. I still don't get all the people with masks stuffed under their noses walking around. Who ties their shoes for them?
I live in ohio and 90% of people have been wearing them since April 2020, so please stop with the idiotic takes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
(04-19-2021, 05:59 AM)davebucknut Wrote:
(04-18-2021, 10:36 PM)3rdgensooner Wrote: I don't think it's enough to recommend for asthmatics but if they want to do so.... With really severe asthmatics particularly kids, we would often have families make big changes at home to reduce allergens. All hard surfaces for instance. No carpets or stuffed animals, etc.. Quality filters for the HVAC system. Most people don't want to go around with masks and I think it'll mostly stop when things are under control. 
I live in ohio and 90% of people have been wearing them since April 2020, so please stop with the idiotic takes.

But have they been doing it properly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(04-19-2021, 06:06 AM)Georgem80 Wrote:

I would guesstimate that out of the 90% who wear them regularly that 75% of the 90% do wear them "correctly". Now do they throw them out daily, wash them, etc...? Idk, But in your typical kroger/Walmart type of store, yes almost everyone has been wearing them over their mouth and nose.

Guess what, Florida and Texas have lower cases and deaths than ohio and from what I gather, people are much looser about wearing them there than here.

(04-19-2021, 06:13 AM)davebucknut Wrote:

I would guesstimate that out of the 90% who wear them regularly that 75% of the 90% do wear them "correctly". Now do they throw them out daily, wash them, etc...? Idk, But in your typical kroger/Walmart type of store, yes almost everyone has been wearing them over their mouth and nose.

Guess what, Florida and Texas have lower cases and deaths than ohio and from what I gather, people are much looser about wearing them there than here.

Thatâ€s not my experience. Yes there are jerks that donâ€t, but, for the most part the people have continued wearing masks on the businesses that still have mask requirements. Iâ€d estimate in my little suburban city of 100k that in public 95% still wear masks.

(04-19-2021, 06:39 AM)Georgem80 Wrote:

Thatâ€s not my experience. Yes there are jerks that donâ€t, but, for the most part the people have continued wearing masks on the businesses that still have mask requirements. Iâ€d estimate in my little suburban city of 100k that in public 95% still wear masks.

Well then whats the problem (not you but all mask nazis)? If most everyone is wearing them then why do people still freak out over one or two random guys who aren't wearing them?

I'm watching baseball on TV and 90% of fans are NOT wearing them at all, not even bothering to wear it on their chin.

(04-19-2021, 07:35 AM)davebucknut Wrote:
(04-19-2021, 05:59 AM)davebucknut Wrote: I live in ohio and 90% of people have been wearing them since April 2020, so please stop with the idiotic takes.

Well then whats the problem (not you but all mask nazis)? If most everyone is wearing them then why do people still freak out over one or two random guys who aren't wearing them?

I'm watching baseball on TV and 90% of fans are NOT wearing them at all, not even bothering to wear it on their chin.

I find it offensive if people disrespect the wishes of private business. Donâ€t go to Kroger if you donâ€t wear a mask. To me they are worthless.

(04-19-2021, 07:38 AM)Georgem80 Wrote:
(04-19-2021, 06:06 AM)Georgem80 Wrote: But have they been doing it properly?

Thatâ€s not my experience.  Yes there are jerks that donâ€t, but, for the most part the people have continued wearing masks on the businesses that still have mask requirements.  Iâ€d estimate in my little suburban city of 100k that in public 95% still wear masks.

I find it offensive if people disrespect the wishes of private business.  Donâ€t go to Kroger if you donâ€t wear a mask.  To me they are worthless.

I agree. This is no different than your standard, “No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service.” Businesses should be able to set their own rules.
"Don't, I say don't bother me dog, can't ya see I'm thinkin'?"   Foghorn Leghorn
(04-19-2021, 07:38 AM)Georgem80 Wrote:
(04-19-2021, 06:06 AM)Georgem80 Wrote: But have they been doing it properly?

I find it offensive if people disrespect the wishes of private business. Donâ€t go to Kroger if you donâ€t wear a mask. To me they are worthless.

The only reason why big businesses force people to wear them is because the majority of Americans want everyone to wear them, so they're following their wishes, but as soon as it flips to the majority of Americans to not want to wear them, they'll go away.

I don't wear one unless forced to wear one, because they are worthless and possibly worse for the wearer.

It you or a loved one has suffered from asthma, you may be entitled to compensation.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Florida Gators had two players wearing #3 on a Utah punt K9Buck 2 87 09-02-2023, 06:43 PM
Last Post: maize
  Why is Georgia Governor Kemp permitting college to reinstate mask mandate? K9Buck 75 944 08-29-2023, 01:27 AM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Find 3 pandas not wearing sun glasses.......GOOD LUCK zigbee 7 150 07-29-2023, 10:23 PM
  You be a NOOGA from Chattanooga Lookouts for wearing this T Shirt zigbee 6 134 07-29-2023, 01:59 PM
Last Post: davebucknut
  Mask Rant Post ChinaBuck 9 178 05-16-2023, 08:26 PM
  Wearing a "Jesus Saves" shirt is appalling to some. Bonebuck 11 261 01-18-2023, 09:14 AM
Last Post: dkeener67
  More proof dems are not serious about COVID and wearing masks zigbee 15 851 10-12-2021, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Sanitarian2
  Ron Johnson let the mask slip P1tchblack 4 469 09-01-2021, 11:31 AM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  Former Buckeyes' QB Haskins BUSTED partying with strippers sans mask zigbee 49 6,932 07-19-2021, 05:12 AM
Last Post: dunefan
  Fauci admits he wore mask for optics computerbuck 31 9,366 05-20-2021, 04:58 PM
Last Post: davebucknut