Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: People do not care until they learn how much you do. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Georgia man is "DICK" of the year in 2021
A Georgia man who was having trouble getting the last paycheck from his employer was shocked to discover its equivalent in pennies dumped in his driveway earlier this month.

Fayetteville's Andreas Flaten had quit his job at Peachtree City's A OK Walker Luxury Autoworks in November 2020.

Quote:https://www.facebook.com/1220251245/vide...6262847244
He told local WGCL-TV he had been at the automotive repair shop for a year -- and had known his boss Miles Walker for eight years -- but that "toxic" working conditions had taken a "toll" on him.

He gave his two-weeks notice, writing a letter of resignation to Walker who reportedly promised Flaten's final $915 check would be paid to him in January.

But, come January, the check never arrived and Flaten said his former boss accused him of damages.
[Image: PENNY-PILE-1-JPG.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]

He even called Georgia's Department of Labor for assistance in the matter, without much luck.

Months later, Flaten and his girlfriend, Olivia Oxley, were leaving his house when he noticed something at the end of his driveway: more than 91,000 oil or grease-covered pennies and an envelope with his final pay stub that was addressed with an explicit message: "F--- you!"

The pennies weigh more than 500 pounds in total, according to Fox 5 Atlanta, breaking the wheels of Flaten's wheelbarrow.

Dismayed by the incident, Oxley took to social media with videos of the scene, writing on Facebook that "no one like that deserves to have [a] successful business."

placeholder

Flaten called the move "childish" and noted that cleaning the pennies was "going to be a lot of work" for money he had already earned.

Now, his nights are spent cleaning the coins for hours at a time in order to be able to cash them in.

Oxley declined to comment to Fox News on Thursday, explaining that the pair would be focusing their energy on finding resources to be able to get a "real payment" for Flaten's final check.

Walker declined to comment.

Walker spoke with WGCL-TV briefly, stating he didnâ€t know if he did or didnâ€t drop the pennies off at Flatenâ€s house.

"I donâ€t really remember," Walker told the TV station. "It doesnâ€t matter he got paid, thatâ€s all that matters."

Walker went on to call Flaten a "weenie."
Make America Honest Again
People should pay their bills to A OK Walker Luxury Autoworks with greased pennies. That would be really funny. This owner must be nuts. You know people are going to do the same thing to them and deservedly so.
(03-25-2021, 05:20 PM)dunefan Wrote: People should pay their bills to A OK Walker Luxury Autoworks with greased pennies.  That would be really funny.  This owner must be nuts.  You know people are going to do the same thing to them and deservedly so.
Thatâ€s what I was thinking. In fact, I would intentionally seek them out to have work done to do just that.
"Don't, I say don't bother me dog, can't ya see I'm thinkin'?"   Foghorn Leghorn
(03-25-2021, 05:30 PM)ChinaBuck Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 05:20 PM)dunefan Wrote: People should pay their bills to A OK Walker Luxury Autoworks with greased pennies.  That would be really funny.  This owner must be nuts.  You know people are going to do the same thing to them and deservedly so.
Thatâ€s what I was thinking. In fact, I would intentionally seek them out to have work done to do just that.

Exactly what I'm talking about.  You know there are a lot of people out there with the stones and mindset to do this.  Payback I predict will be a bitch.
You know Pitch is reading this thread title and racing ass-end first to the Georgia state line...
Technically, the dude could refuse payment in coins. On the other hand, he could except the coins with conditions. One being he gets compensated for cleaning the coins so he could bring them to the bank.

A coin is considered legal tender like bills are but no statute states one must accept coins as payment.

I had a local restaurant refuse payment in cash. I told them I'll be right back after going to the bank for a registered check. The owner told me "I'm friends with the local PD" I said "Good. I'm friends with the local Yakuza". We left. I returned with a registered check for the total amount of the bill minus my time and the cost for getting the registered check. I handed it to him and said "Yakuza is much more expensive but well worth the price". He called the police. Police show up and I tell them he refused to take cash for payment, so I offered a registered check. He demanded a credit card be used. I told him I don't use credit cards. I told the police I have to be compensated for my time and for the cost of the registered check. The dude accepted the check and lost $105 USD in the process. I walked out of the restaurant and never looked back. Don't be afraid of people 'threats', and always call their bluffs.
The America, and the American Military, that you once knew is gone.
I seem to recall that paper money money has a statement on it that it can be used for all debts. If thatâ€s correct, it would seem someone cannot refuse cash. As to coins, I donâ€t know if they carry the same legal tender designation.
"Don't, I say don't bother me dog, can't ya see I'm thinkin'?"   Foghorn Leghorn
(03-25-2021, 06:13 PM)ChinaBuck Wrote: I seem to recall that paper money money has a statement on it that it can be used for all debts. If thatâ€s correct, it would seem someone cannot refuse cash. As to coins, I donâ€t know if they carry the same legal tender designation.

There is no federal statute mandating that a private business, a person, or an organization must accept currency or coins as payment for goods or services. Private businesses are free to develop their own policies on whether to accept cash unless there is a state law that says otherwise.

Section 31 U.S.C. 5103, entitled "Legal tender," states: "United States coins and currency [including Federal Reserve notes and circulating notes of Federal Reserve Banks and national banks] are legal tender for all debts, public charges, taxes, and dues." This statute means that all U.S. money as identified above is a valid and legal offer of payment for debts when tendered to a creditor.

Is it legal for a business in the United States to refuse cash as a form of payment?
Some only take cash.  I was in restaurant in Wilmington NC in November and had dinner.   When I went to pay they rejected card and said sign on door said only cash.  Waitress directed me toward a ATM inside store.  My PNC acct refunded any fees for cash and I thought that was cool.
China has become almost completely cashless. Old toothless street vendors carry a plaque with their QR code. Last week I accidentally left my phone at the office. I couldnâ€t get into the mall since they have to check your health app before you enter. Then I couldnâ€t get dinner at a restaurant since I had no cash, some restaurants wonâ€t accept cash anyway. Then the next morning I was at first refused entry into our office courtyard because I had no phone. Eventually the guard leader let me in but I had to go back to the gate with my phone to show them my health app.
(03-25-2021, 07:12 PM)ChinaBuck Wrote: China has become almost completely cashless. Old toothless street vendors carry a plaque with their QR code. Last week I accidentally left my phone at the office. I couldnâ€t get into the mall since they have to check your health app before you enter. Then I couldnâ€t get dinner at a restaurant since I had no cash, some restaurants wonâ€t accept cash anyway. Then the next morning I was at first refused entry into our office courtyard because I had no phone. Eventually the guard leader let me in but I had to go back to the gate with my phone to show them my health app.
Iron fist.  Now we know why some live off the grid like Mountain Men.
(03-25-2021, 07:04 PM)zigbee Wrote: Some only take cash.  I was in restaurant in Wilmington NC in November and had dinner.   When I went to pay they rejected card and said sign on door said only cash.  Waitress directed me toward a ATM inside store.  My PNC acct refunded any fees for cash and I thought that was cool.

Those restaurants are not reporting honestly to the IRS. NJ has one particular pizza joint that is all cash. Claims it only makes 50 pies a day. A friend of mine teaches Finance & Accounting at Rider University. His brother does the pizza joints books. A lot of thieves in the restaurant business.
(03-25-2021, 07:16 PM)zigbee Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 07:12 PM)ChinaBuck Wrote: China has become almost completely cashless. Old toothless street vendors carry a plaque with their QR code. Last week I accidentally left my phone at the office. I couldnâ€t get into the mall since they have to check your health app before you enter. Then I couldnâ€t get dinner at a restaurant since I had no cash, some restaurants wonâ€t accept cash anyway. Then the next morning I was at first refused entry into our office courtyard because I had no phone. Eventually the guard leader let me in but I had to go back to the gate with my phone to show them my health app.
Iron fist.  Now we know why some live off the grid like Mountain Men.
My wife said she thought that would go away after a few months. I told her, no, itâ€s here forever.
(03-25-2021, 07:16 PM)lrrps21 Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 07:04 PM)zigbee Wrote: Some only take cash.  I was in restaurant in Wilmington NC in November and had dinner.   When I went to pay they rejected card and said sign on door said only cash.  Waitress directed me toward a ATM inside store.  My PNC acct refunded any fees for cash and I thought that was cool.

Those restaurants are not reporting honestly to the IRS. NJ has one particular pizza joint that is all cash. Claims it only makes 50 pies a day. A friend of mine teaches Finance & Accounting at Rider University. His brother does the pizza joints books. A lot of thieves in the restaurant business.

I'm sure you would believe it but many don't have a clue how many small businesses have two sets of books.  Uncle Sam only gets what they want him to get.  Think about how many businesses operate on a mostly cash basis.
(03-25-2021, 07:16 PM)lrrps21 Wrote:

Can you blame them?  A screwed up gov't which takes the revenue and abuses it on trillions of waste?   I'd bet the gov't looses about 500 billion a year in lost revenue they can't collect due to people only taking cash.

Now, why won't our great gov't go to flat tax?  or national sales tax?  Or something not nearly as complicated and maybe less bureaucracy???  We know why.  The tax system is an industry.  congressmen got their hands in this mess and they like the byzantine and complicated system that average joe doesn't have a clue about.   tax tables, and 1099, and this and that...cost me 200 bucks this year to get BACK the over payment I gave them of about 900.   I could probably not have turned in some work I do on the side as the employer didn't send me a 1099 form.  I still used the check stubs to show what I got.  I was afraid of not paying some tax I owed and had no clue what the contractor/employer was doing.  It's rigged.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How is it that a Republican won Georgia governor's race before & after 2020 elections K9Buck 297 2,865 04-15-2024, 09:53 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  115K per year to undocumented city council member zigbee 6 56 04-15-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Hightop77
  Leaves behind one year old; 31 years old and 3 years on force dead in NY zigbee 30 279 03-30-2024, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Iowa Mels
  Let’s remember what’s really important on 31 March this year. ChinaBuck 0 40 03-15-2024, 08:12 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Would you do a 70 year old? TakeThePoints 35 526 02-22-2024, 12:30 PM
Last Post: 3rdgensooner
  MS Society fired 90 year old volunteer because she didn’t understand woke pronoun usa ChinaBuck 14 233 02-16-2024, 09:48 AM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  Craziest story of this young year. ScarletHayes 4 90 01-24-2024, 07:13 AM
Last Post: dunefan
  Conspiracy nutcase says that Georgia voting machines are vulnerable to attack K9Buck 25 475 01-21-2024, 12:43 PM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
Tongue Ray Epps sentenced to one year probation K9Buck 87 1,101 01-10-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Alabuckeye
  Year end ZNH awards Alabuckeye 43 712 01-04-2024, 05:24 AM
Last Post: ChinaBuck