Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: People do not care until they learn how much you do. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shapiro interviews Stephen Meyer. (Intel design vs evolution)
Discusses the mathematical improbability of natural selection when it comes to dna or code.  a.k.a. The problem of combinitorial inflation.  "Gibberish sequences" far more likely than functional ones.  Reoccurring theme throughout is in regards to information.   Quantitative odds are prohibitive.  

If you want his credentials, etc...  you can watch from the start.  If you just want to get to the meat of this talk, go to about the 19:45 mark.  Probably a topic more for the weekend when you have some time, but either way it's interesting to say the least.  

I know there are quite a number on here who disagree with me on this. That's ok, they are smart folks and I like them. But IMO it takes MUCH more faith to believe that we got to this point thru sheer circumstance and natural selection than it does to believe that there is a God who created all that we know and don't know. Timelines have to be extended and allowances made to make it all fit the happenstance narrative.

Nah. I'll take the choices I've made, the faith I've placed. It's proven true over my 50 years.
Pass. You don't argue with creationists any more than you argue with a schizophrenic or an antivaxxer. To do so implies they have a point and that their crazy ideas are somehow valid. You just nod your head , roll your eyes, and walk away.
(03-28-2019, 09:47 AM)3rdgensooner Wrote: Pass. You don't argue with creationists any more than you argue with a schizophrenic or an antivaxxer. To do so implies they have a point and that their crazy ideas are somehow valid. You just nod your head , roll your eyes, and walk away.

He's not a creationist.  This is straight science.
(03-28-2019, 09:50 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 09:47 AM)3rdgensooner Wrote: Pass. You don't argue with creationists any more than you argue with a schizophrenic or an antivaxxer. To do so implies they have a point and that their crazy ideas are somehow valid. You just nod your head , roll your eyes, and walk away.

Uh no. It's straight nonsense for loons. "Intelligent design" is not science it's creationism tarted up as science.
Center for Science and Culture of the Discovery Institute. Thatâ€s an impressive organizational title.
(03-28-2019, 10:22 AM)somenole Wrote: Center for Science and Culture of the Discovery Institute.  Thatâ€s an impressive organizational title.

Religious fanatics trying to pass themselves off as scientists. I expected more of Shapiro.
I think Shapiro is a smart cat but heâ€s a shill for that point of view.
He's an orthodox Jew. What should we expect?
For him not to be the Jewish hightop?
(03-28-2019, 12:32 PM)Alabuckeye Wrote: He's an orthodox Jew.  What should we expect?

He's too logical a guy to fall for pseudoscientific nonsense. Faith can make intelligent people do so I understand but he doesn't strike me as that sort of person.
(03-28-2019, 09:08 AM)Alabuckeye Wrote: I know there are quite a number on here who disagree with me on this.  That's ok, they are smart folks and I like them.  But IMO it takes MUCH more faith to believe that we got to this point thru sheer circumstance and natural selection than it does to believe that there is a God who created all that we know and don't know.  Timelines have to be extended and allowances made to make it all fit the happenstance narrative.

Nah.  I'll take the choices I've made, the faith I've placed.  It's proven true over my 50 years.

I'm not the most devout guy in the world obviously, but I come back to that a lot. The seemingly infinite number of coincidental chemical reactions that would have had to have taken place, all set in motion by... ?
(03-28-2019, 10:10 AM)3rdgensooner Wrote:

Uh no. It's straight nonsense for loons. "Intelligent design" is not science it's creationism tarted up as science.

His talk is STRAIGHT SCIENCE.
(03-28-2019, 01:44 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 10:10 AM)3rdgensooner Wrote:

His talk is STRAIGHT SCIENCE.

Straight nonsense. He's a creationist using pseudoscience to push his view. It's BS. Yes he's using scientific terms. "Intelligent Design" is a pseudoscience.
Third, can you provide an example of a Meyer scientific statement that is false?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ben Shapiro is America's #1 Rapper - Really!!! ChinaBuck 0 48 01-27-2024, 01:46 AM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Ben Shapiro interviewed Elon Musk in Krakow, Poland K9Buck 0 54 01-24-2024, 11:52 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  Ben Shapiro: US going through similar French Revolution without guillotines zigbee 2 682 08-22-2023, 05:48 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  TC interviews Devon Archer ScarletHayes 0 49 08-03-2023, 08:39 AM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  So Stephen Colbert Soupcity Kid 3 113 11-04-2022, 12:50 AM
Last Post: maize
  Urban Meyer speaks about failure at Jacksonville Hightop77 27 1,047 09-30-2022, 03:35 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  Why does Trump give interviews to the radical left? K9Buck 29 793 04-21-2022, 09:19 PM
Last Post: davebucknut
  Peter Schweitzer: Bidens on the Chinese intel payroll. ScarletHayes 7 394 01-28-2022, 05:37 PM
  Shapiro Breaking Apart Demographics wydileie 46 2,743 01-20-2022, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Bonebuck
  Urban Meyer Fired lrrps21 85 3,537 01-06-2022, 05:45 PM