Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A Big Bang led to star being born.

WELCOME new member AMaizawing (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
K9BuckPepe Le Pew normalized rape culture
Apparently Speedy Gonzalez is next because, you know, the left hates Mexicans.

In the wake of Dr. Seuss Enterprises' announcement that six old books would no longer be printed, culture critics are putting fresh attention on other aspects of children's media — including The Looney Tunes' Pepà Le Pew. On Wednesday, Charles M. Blow wrote an opinion column for The New York Times saying, among other things, that Pepà "normalized rape culture."

Blow pointed to the problematic features of children's media as well, recalling even more obscure old characters like Speedy Gonzales and Mammy Two Shoes. However, the condemnation of Pepà Le Pew seemed to hit some readers especially hard.
Anti-individualistic, the Fascist conception of life stresses the importance of the State and accepts the individual only in so far as his interests coincide with those of the State...

- Benito Mussolini
(03-06-2021, 09:03 PM)K9Buck Wrote: Apparently Speedy Gonzalez is next because, you know, the left hates Mexicans. 

In the wake of Dr. Seuss Enterprises' announcement that six old books would no longer be printed, culture critics are putting fresh attention on other aspects of children's media — including The Looney Tunes' Pepà Le Pew. On Wednesday, Charles M. Blow wrote an opinion column for The New York Times saying, among other things, that Pepà "normalized rape culture."

Blow pointed to the problematic features of children's media as well, recalling even more obscure old characters like Speedy Gonzales and Mammy Two Shoes. However, the condemnation of Pepà Le Pew seemed to hit some readers especially hard.
Yes,  people are over the edge
Make America Honest Again
Pulled this from wiki, sounds like more SJW white liberals were upset...

Feeling that the character presented an offensive Mexican stereotype, Cartoon Network shelved Speedy's films when it gained exclusive rights to broadcast them in 1999 (as a subsidiary of Time Warner, Cartoon Network is a corporate sibling to Warner Bros.). In an interview with Fox News on March 28, 2002, Cartoon Network spokeswoman Laurie Goldberg commented, "It hasn't been on the air for years because of its ethnic stereotypes."[6]

Despite such controversy over potentially offensive characterizations, Speedy Gonzales remained a popular character in Latin America.[6] Many Hispanic people remembered him fondly as a quick-witted, heroic Mexican character who always got the best of his opponents, at a time when such depictions of Latin Americans were rare in popular entertainment.[7] The Hispanic-American rights organization League of United Latin American Citizens called Speedy a cultural icon, and thousands of users registered their support of the character on the hispaniconline.com message boards. Fan campaigns to put Speedy back on the air resulted in the return of the animated shorts to Cartoon Network in 2002.[8]
On the Looney Tunes Golden Collection DVD box sets, when the DVD is first loaded, it will be introduced by a disclaimer which states:
Quote:The cartoons you are about to see are products of their time. They may depict some of the ethnic and racial prejudices that were commonplace in American society. These depictions were wrong then and are still wrong today. While the following does not represent the WB view of society, these cartoons are being presented as they were originally created, because to do otherwise would be the same as claiming these prejudices never existed.[9]
Mexican American tennis great Pancho Gonzales was at the peak of his fame in the years coming up to Speedy's first appearance, and in one cartoon Speedy is seen playing tennis with himself.[10]
I just asked my Mexican wife about Speedy. She said the idea that Speedy was/is offensive to Mexicans has never entered her mind and she doesn't consider him to be offensive at all and doesn't understand why he would be.
Anti-individualistic, the Fascist conception of life stresses the importance of the State and accepts the individual only in so far as his interests coincide with those of the State...

- Benito Mussolini
(03-06-2021, 09:49 PM)K9Buck Wrote: I just asked my Mexican wife about Speedy. She said the idea that Speedy was/is offensive to Mexicans has never entered her mind and she doesn't consider him to be offensive at all and doesn't understand why he would be.
Well that clinches it, we have to ban him.

Signed- the totality of the DNC.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
(03-06-2021, 10:04 PM)davebucknut Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 09:49 PM)K9Buck Wrote: I just asked my Mexican wife about Speedy.  She said the idea that Speedy was/is offensive to Mexicans has never entered her mind and she doesn't consider him to be offensive at all and doesn't understand why he would be.

I'm reminded of the native-American high schools in California that enthusiastically chose the nickname "Redskins" for themselves but were later forced by white leftists, through changes in California law, to forfeit their chosen nickname.

- Benito Mussolini
Yep. Of course, Speedy, the little mouse who always wins, who is a hero to all the other mice because he always gets the best of the Sylvester, and the girl! Lol Is a horrible stereotype. How dare he be a mouse that wears a sombrero?!
These same people have zero problems with letting Elmer Fudd be the butt of all the jokes, because well, heâ€s a white man. ðŸ
(03-06-2021, 10:11 PM)K9Buck Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 10:04 PM)davebucknut Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 09:49 PM)K9Buck Wrote: I just asked my Mexican wife about Speedy.  She said the idea that Speedy was/is offensive to Mexicans has never entered her mind and she doesn't consider him to be offensive at all and doesn't understand why he would be.

I'm reminded of the native-American high schools in California that enthusiastically chose the nickname "Redskins" for themselves but were later forced by white leftists, through changes in California law, to forfeit their chosen nickname.
Jeez thats probably true.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winning the Culture War ChinaBuck 74 914 03-14-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: lrrps21
  Trump verdict in rape civil case maize 32 471 03-13-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: maize
  Losing the Culture War ChinaBuck 20 313 02-19-2024, 08:02 PM
Last Post: dunefan
  Law and Order... White Karen drops rape charge because of white privilege maize 3 94 01-30-2024, 05:11 PM
Last Post: stxbuck
  Israel, Hamas and cancel culture P1tchblack 37 648 12-09-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  One of the oddest relationships in our pop culture/political landscape ScarletHayes 18 311 11-10-2023, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Syncro
  PC/Cancel culture will end freedom of speech in this nation zigbee 10 1,006 10-10-2023, 04:16 AM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  White People have no culture... ChinaBuck 8 186 09-20-2023, 06:26 PM
Last Post: stxbuck
  The #1 culture issue in black America is that... K9Buck 9 191 06-21-2023, 01:33 AM
Last Post: Smoothmflikethat
  A fabulous quote that pertains to our culture Alabuckeye 5 145 03-07-2023, 04:28 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack