Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: People do not care until they learn how much you do. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Student passes 3 classes in 4 years, finishes with .13 GPA
but finishes near the top half of his class.

Franceâ€s son attends Augusta Fells Savage Institute of Visual Arts in west Baltimore. His transcripts show heâ€s passed just three classes in four years, earning 2.5 credits, placing him in ninth grade. But France says she didnâ€t know that until February. She has three children and works three jobs. She thought her oldest son was doing well because even though he failed most of his classes, he was being promoted. His transcripts show he failed Spanish I and Algebra I but was promoted to Spanish II and Algebra II. He also failed English II but was passed on to English III.

“I'm just assuming that if you are passing, that you have the proper things to go to the next grade and the right grades, you have the right credits,” said France.

As we dig deeper into her sonâ€s records, we can see in his first three years at Augusta Fells, he failed 22 classes and was late or absent 272 days. But in those three years, only one teacher requested a parent conference, which France says never happened. No one from the school told France her son was failing and not going to class.

more ....

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/project-ba...th-013-gpa
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

Government schools doing what government schools do. To the detriment of parent and teacher alike.

No longer GroupThink 'woke'.  but it was fun while it lasted.
Missing or showing up late 272 days is the schools fault?
(03-03-2021, 02:52 PM)AlumneyeJ93 Wrote: Missing or showing up late 272 days is the schools fault?

Don't you love how Baby Mama acts like this is some big surprise to her? LOL
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

(03-03-2021, 02:52 PM)AlumneyeJ93 Wrote: Missing or showing up late 272 days is the schools fault?
no, missing 272 days is not the school's fault.  Passing him on with no report of failing classes is.

(03-03-2021, 02:53 PM)Hightop77 Wrote:

Don't you love how Baby Mama acts like this is some big surprise to her? LOL

Hey mom follow up on your kids grades. I did every semester from kindergarten through college and always knew how my kids were doing in school.
I mean, even if your kid is being promoted every year, aren't you as a parent curious if you have an A student or a D- student?
(03-03-2021, 02:47 PM)Alabuckeye Wrote: Government schools doing what government schools do.  To the detriment of parent and teacher alike.

Take the exact same school and remove the current students and replace them with Asians and suddenly the school is excellent.

(03-03-2021, 02:57 PM)Hightop77 Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 02:47 PM)Alabuckeye Wrote: Government schools doing what government schools do.  To the detriment of parent and teacher alike.

Take the exact same school and remove the current students and replace them with Asians and suddenly the school is excellent.
Not with Administration and teacher interaction like this story it wouldn't be.

(03-03-2021, 02:56 PM)Alabuckeye Wrote:
no, missing 272 days is not the school's fault.  Passing him on with no report of failing classes is.

You have to be equally invested in your child as a parent and know whats going on. The school isn't the only negligent party in this story.
It's a toss up who did worse, the school, the kid or the parent?
(03-03-2021, 02:56 PM)Alabuckeye Wrote: Passing him on with no report of failing classes is.

Do you REALLY believe there was no attempt by the school to alert the parent for an entire year?

No.

The mom is a pathological liar, who is raising future inmates. End of story.

I'm gonna guess there was no contact information for the "father"...
(03-03-2021, 03:03 PM)AlumneyeJ93 Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 02:56 PM)Alabuckeye Wrote:

You have to be equally invested in your child as a parent and know whats going on. The school isn't the only negligent party in this story.
It's a toss up who did worse, the school, the kid or the parent?
Oh, they are all bad.  Wife and I were in the teacher's classroom at every quarter end.  We knew what was going on and we didn't trust our kids(trustworthy as they were) to tell us the whole story.  

I agree fully that this isn't just a school problem.  But it IS a school problem.

(03-03-2021, 03:05 PM)Syncro Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 02:56 PM)Alabuckeye Wrote: Passing him on with no report of failing classes is.

Do you REALLY believe there was no attempt by the school to alert the parent for an entire year?

No.

The mom is a pathological liar, who is raising future inmates.  End of story.

I'm gonna guess there was no contact information for the "father"...
So, you don't believe that the school passed him on as the story says?  He didn't get passed up to II classes when he failed the I versions?

That he continued to be promoted with a GPA that Kenyon Rambo would barely be thrilled to have?

100% on the school. Shameful. We send a truancy notice after 2 unexcused absences. File with the court after 7

Counselors needed to talk him and mom.

At risk is just that. Theyâ€re supposed to get that extra attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(03-03-2021, 02:59 PM)Alabuckeye Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 02:57 PM)Hightop77 Wrote:

Not with Administration and teacher interaction like this story it wouldn't be.

Sure it would because the Asian parents and students actually give a f*ck.

Democratic utopia.
Anti-individualistic, the Fascist conception of life stresses the importance of the State and accepts the individual only in so far as his interests coincide with those of the State...

- Benito Mussolini

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APRIL 8TH ECILPSE FINISHES AN X OVER U.S. - GOD FINAL WARNING computerbuck 40 308 04-10-2024, 07:23 AM
Last Post: Beastdog
  STRONGEST EARTHQUAKE IN 25 YEARS HITS TAIWAN - TSUNAMI HITS JAPAN computerbuck 4 45 04-03-2024, 07:45 AM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Leaves behind one year old; 31 years old and 3 years on force dead in NY zigbee 30 280 03-30-2024, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Iowa Mels
Video High school student gets last laugh after school says he can't fly US flag on his veh K9Buck 9 100 03-21-2024, 03:37 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  70 years in an iron lung TakeThePoints 4 81 03-13-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: TakeThePoints
  They'd be facing 20 years in prison if they were members of the right K9Buck 1 56 03-08-2024, 12:43 AM
Last Post: maize
  This J6 rioter has been imprisoned 3 years without a trial K9Buck 4 82 03-02-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  Seven Years, it takes SEVEN years. Sanitarian2 4 154 11-23-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: wydileie
  Vietnamese Student: accepted to Miami, shocked it was Miami of Ohio ChinaBuck 14 250 10-16-2023, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Hightop77
  Dick Butkus passes age 80 3rdgensooner 3 91 10-05-2023, 09:56 PM
Last Post: Blinky