Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A positive outlook is what leads to positive results.

WELCOME new member AMaizawing (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I agree with this woman's view on multiculturalism
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMejWVJsW/
Anti-individualistic, the Fascist conception of life stresses the importance of the State and accepts the individual only in so far as his interests coincide with those of the State...

- Benito Mussolini
Her ban from tt in 3, 2,...

It only makes sense that if you want diversity you have actual diversity.  This is too deep a concept for some people and it will probably be taken down as hate speech
Alex Jones predicted 2020 back in 2010.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMej7TECf/

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Dont necessarily disagree, but all ow me to play devils advocate.

Issue for America is we come from all over. We are not France or Japan or China.

We started as a mix of peoples. Each adding to the culture, which was started only a few hundred years ago, as opposed to the countries above, which have existed for thousands of years.

I agree that our current situation is potentially dangerous, because we could end up with the Austrian-hungarian Empire, all with pockets of distinctive culture, but not held together by anything, and thus easily broken apart.

I guess the question would be, What is American Culture? How would we define it and then expect immigrants and native born Americans to adhere to it. We are a cultural Mutt. We have parts of IRish, German, African, Asian, English, Polish, and so many more, because there was no such thing as "American" when we started this country.
(03-01-2021, 06:10 AM)K9Buck Wrote: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMejWVJsW/

What exactly is American culture? Does that mean white?
(03-01-2021, 08:34 AM)P1tchblack Wrote:

Straight white Christian male conservatives. (Sometimes female, but not as much).

(03-01-2021, 08:26 AM)Conanthelibrarian Wrote: Dont necessarily disagree, but all ow me to play devils advocate. 

Issue for America is we come from all over.  We are not France or Japan or China. 

We started as a mix of peoples.  Each adding to the culture, which was started only a few hundred years ago, as opposed to the countries above, which have existed for thousands of years.

I agree that our current situation is potentially dangerous, because we could end up with the Austrian-hungarian Empire, all with pockets of distinctive culture, but not held together by anything, and thus easily broken apart.

I guess the question would be, What is American Culture?  How would we define it and then expect immigrants and native born Americans to adhere to it.  We are a cultural Mutt.  We have parts of IRish, German, African, Asian, English, Polish, and so many more, because there was no such thing as "American" when we started this country.

Good points, but if I were to come back with what American culture is I would say a common love of freedom and individualism.  That idea/ideal is circling the drain by the day.  So what appears to be happening right now is a stripping of culture(s) and any sense of separate identity and pride in one's heritage.  If you can strip away people's heritage/personal identity it would be much easier to change the American culture.   You can control people if they're all under the same umbrella, otherwise we're like herding cats.

Look, there are pros and cons to both positions, but losing ones cultural identity doesn't sound all that appealing to me.  People should be proud of their heritage while simultaneously embracing freedom and the individual  --  the common thread that binds us as Americans
(03-01-2021, 08:55 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 08:26 AM)Conanthelibrarian Wrote: Dont necessarily disagree, but all ow me to play devils advocate. 

Issue for America is we come from all over.  We are not France or Japan or China. 

We started as a mix of peoples.  Each adding to the culture, which was started only a few hundred years ago, as opposed to the countries above, which have existed for thousands of years.

I guess the question would be, What is American Culture?  How would we define it and then expect immigrants and native born Americans to adhere to it.  We are a cultural Mutt.  We have parts of IRish, German, African, Asian, English, Polish, and so many more, because there was no such thing as "American" when we started this country.

Good points, but if I were to come back with what American culture is I would say a common love of freedom and individualism.  That idea/ideal is circling the drain by the day.  So what appears to be happening right now is a stripping of culture(s) and any sense of separate identity and pride in one's heritage.  If you can strip away people's heritage/personal identity it would be much easier to change the American culture.   You can control people if they're all under the same umbrella, otherwise we're like herding cats.

Look, there are pros and cons to both positions, but losing ones cultural identity doesn't sound all that appealing to me.  People should be proud of their heritage while simultaneously embracing freedom and the individual  --  the common thread that binds us as Americans
This is also why we have to slow the number of immigrants (legal and illegal), because they have to get assimilated and too many too soon makes that more difficult

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: supermodels.jpg]
(03-01-2021, 08:55 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote:

I agree we are a very freedom loving and individualistic society in general.  But we need more than that to have a "Culture".  Trouble with America being the land of immigrants is that our culture is ever changing.  

We would say used to be more of a white Judeo Christian culture, more of a Eurocentric view of things, one that I ascribe to and believe in, and that has been changing.  

Our immigrants lately have come more from South/Central America lately, and it has brought changes.  And we are trying now to celebrate everyones culture as equally important and have had less assimilation, which can be good or bad, depending.

But, since we have no clear, defined, and common culture, like China or France, we are in a constant power struggle for who gets to determine culture and cultural dominance.  And with the rise of classical liberalism and added to a PC culture, minority cultures and cultural characteristics demand as much recognition as the majority, leaving us with no clear leader or point of reference.
(03-01-2021, 08:34 AM)P1tchblack Wrote:

I don't know.  Did you watch the video?
Anti-individualistic, the Fascist conception of life stresses the importance of the State and accepts the individual only in so far as his interests coincide with those of the State...

- Benito Mussolini

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The world's most beautiful woman ChinaBuck 39 764 03-16-2024, 10:40 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Is this woman insane? 3rdgensooner 8 145 02-05-2024, 01:09 AM
  Funny skit, how white Democrats view blacks K9Buck 2 85 01-11-2024, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Alabuckeye
  Agree or disagree with this Oregon gun shop owner? maize 18 321 10-25-2023, 08:51 PM
Last Post: stxbuck
  Kentucky Woman arrested 11 times gains fame with "mugshawty" handle ChinaBuck 17 313 10-10-2023, 04:47 PM
  Punk slaps old woman across the face K9Buck 5 123 09-17-2023, 09:04 PM
Last Post: lrrps21
  Woman Chained to floor rescued by police in Louisville ChinaBuck 2 83 08-21-2023, 10:15 PM
  My first guess was a woman driver K9Buck 1 86 07-24-2023, 03:43 AM
  Young woman complains because she struggles being on time. ChinaBuck 0 73 07-17-2023, 06:05 AM
  Austin, Texas woman literally covering herself in horse sh*t K9Buck 9 207 06-28-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: Blinky