Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: Your life doesn't get better by chance. It gets better by change. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Christanity is a "man-made" religion, why does its teachings and commandments...
...go against man's natural wants and desires?
If you look at religions other than Christianity, you would see the same thing. Early religions were in part methods of control of a population. I'm the Chief here because our Head Shaman says so, which means God says do what I tell you.

A key message I get from what Jesus said is simply that material wants are not going to bring us true happiness and fulfillment. Doing good for others will provide that in a more lasting fashion than buying the latest and greatest home or car.
(01-31-2021, 08:25 AM)cincydawg Wrote: If you look at religions other than Christianity, you would see the same thing.  Early religions were in part methods of control of a population.  I'm the Chief here because our Head Shaman says so, which means God says do what I tell you.

A key message I get from what Jesus said is simply that material wants are not going to bring us true happiness and fulfillment.  Doing good for others will provide that in a more lasting fashion than buying the latest and greatest home or car.

so was Jesus right?
I think Jesus was right about a great many things, that one thing is the main item for me personally.

When we bought our house in 1987, I was thrilled, I thought it might save our marriage, I thought I had "arrived". The wife was thrilled to be able to "show it off", she was very materialistic, she enjoyed any reason to show she too had arrived. Maybe her attitude and actions in part turned me off, that house became more burden than joy, but I was able to keep the kids in it for stability after the divorce.

The ex unfortunately has mental problems now and my kids never see or speak with her (nor do I). The last time I saw her she showed up and told me the Russians were about to invade the US and I should take steps. This was ca. 2013 or so.

Even a nonChristian can take the ideas Jesus said to heart. Muslims of course place Jesus high in their pantheon of prophets as well.
(01-31-2021, 01:45 AM)K9Buck Wrote: ...go against man's natural wants and desires?
Some random thoughts...

I'm not sure what you mean by "man-made" as though that's a bad thing or controversial?  There's no doubt that the Bible was man-written, though we rarely know who wrote it - especially the New Testament. We also know that "religion" is man-made.  A Christian need not be apart of an organized religion to believe in, and have a relationship with, a god.

Christianity, as an organized religion, was never supposed to happen.  Paul believed, as Jesus did, that the end of times was near.  Paul became a Christian because he believed he saw a resurrected Jesus. He also believed that Jesus resurrection was the beginning of the end - Jesus/God would be coming back any time now to return the earth to the pre-serpent, Garden of Eden blissfulness, aka Kingdom of God.  As such, the gatherings of Christians weren't structured. They were very casual. Why would you need structured religion when God was coming back to earth, right?  However, as time went on and Jesus/God never came, it became necessary to create more structured gatherings.  Hence came the Pastoral Epistles which are widely recognized, by Biblical scholars, as a forgery in Paul's name.
(01-31-2021, 01:45 AM)K9Buck Wrote: ...go against man's natural wants and desires?

First I donâ€t believe itâ€s man made. But being governed isnâ€t a natural want. So, if it is man made, itâ€s created to control the masses by preaching order and obedience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, if Christianity is "man-made", then it's the greatest conspiracy in human history.
Is Islam "man made"? I would say it is. Did Mohammed have some "visions" or something? Probably. Did he have a remarkable life? Yes.

I imagine a lot of folks with similar visions got killed quickly and never had a chance to make anything. A tiny percentage caught enough breaks to survive and attract a following and create "believers". Had Mohammed been killed in any of his early battles, Islam would not have happened. Something else might have come along. Or not.
(01-31-2021, 09:10 AM)Georgem80 Wrote:

First I donâ€t believe itâ€s man made. But being governed isnâ€t a natural want. So, if it is man made, itâ€s created to control the masses by preaching order and obedience.

Legitimate Christianity is hardly obedient and is now counter cultural.  If you want to control the masses as the communists do, you ban Christianity and religion.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

(01-31-2021, 09:24 AM)Hightop77 Wrote:

Legitimate Christianity is hardly obedient and is now counter cultural.  If you want to control the masses as the communists do, you ban Christianity and religion.

Legitimate? Counter-culture? But the topic discusses the creation of Christianity. So any reference to communism is foolish. Communism canâ€t canâ€t be supported by Christianity. Free will and all. Stay on topic.

Iâ€m not sure how the Ten Commandments and other stories from the law books have not been used to bring people to obedience.

During the Dark Ages and beyond Christianity has either been the ruling body or supported the ruling bodies.

Even promoting religion in the US historically was done to keep the masses in check by the elites. When teaching reading, what book was used? The Bible. Early schools were indoctrinated with prayer and the 10 commandments.

Iâ€m sorry, but the use of Christianity and all organized religions to create a governable citizenry dates back millennia.

Once again, Iâ€m simply making an assertion to answer OP. I fully believe in the divine creation of Christianity.

(01-31-2021, 09:34 AM)Georgem80 Wrote:
(01-31-2021, 09:24 AM)Hightop77 Wrote:

Legitimate?  Counter-culture? But the topic discusses the creation of Christianity.  So any reference to communism is foolish.  Communism canâ€t canâ€t be supported by Christianity. Free will and all. Stay on topic. 

Iâ€m not sure how the Ten Commandments and other stories from the law books have not been used to bring people to obedience.

During the Dark Ages and beyond Christianity has either been the ruling body or supported the ruling bodies. 

Even promoting religion in the US historically was done to keep the masses in check by the elites. When teaching reading, what book was used?  The Bible. Early schools were indoctrinated with prayer and the 10 commandments. 

Iâ€m sorry, but the use of Christianity and all organized religions to create a governable citizenry dates back millennia.

Once again, Iâ€m simply making an assertion to answer OP. I fully believe in the divine creation of Christianity.

LOL!  You brought up Christianity was created to control the masses.  I simply pointed out the most controlling regimes in history banned Christianity.  The most free country in history was linked to Christianity at its founding so your idea is silly but it's accepted by academia so you think it must be true.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

(01-31-2021, 09:06 AM)P1tchblack Wrote:
Some random thoughts...

I'm not sure what you mean by "man-made" as though that's a bad thing or controversial?  There's no doubt that the Bible was man-written, though we rarely know who wrote it - especially the New Testament. We also know that "religion" is man-made.  A Christian need not be apart of an organized religion to believe in, and have a relationship with, a god.

Christianity, as an organized religion, was never supposed to happen.  Paul believed, as Jesus did, that the end of times was near.  Paul became a Christian because he believed he saw a resurrected Jesus. He also believed that Jesus resurrection was the beginning of the end - Jesus/God would be coming back any time now to return the earth to the pre-serpent, Garden of Eden blissfulness, aka Kingdom of God.  As such, the gatherings of Christians weren't structured. They were very casual. Why would you need structured religion when God was coming back to earth, right?  However, as time went on and Jesus/God never came, it became necessary to create more structured gatherings.  Hence came the Pastoral Epistles which are widely recognized, by Biblical scholars, as a forgery in Paul's name.
Was Paul a made up person?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Chinese balloon & other man-made UFO's thread (edited) K9Buck 189 3,385 02-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  Maybe I gave up on religion too soon P1tchblack 1 47 02-21-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Sanitarian2
  If you ever made a fool of yo self you will appreciate this zigbee 6 99 02-18-2024, 06:55 AM
Last Post: dunefan
  The Religion of Peace BoyGenius 12 774 01-08-2024, 09:35 AM
  Has anything the left has done made race relations better? zigbee 2 101 12-19-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Syncro
  You're a fascist if you reject LBTQ religion K9Buck 1 73 07-22-2023, 01:59 AM
Last Post: Bonebuck
  Woke Civic Religion of the US Military and State Department ChinaBuck 2 92 06-21-2023, 07:06 AM
  This news made me sick zigbee 0 70 05-05-2023, 02:51 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  Over grand a week made by going through trash zigbee 1 89 05-02-2023, 10:25 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Negro religion hits new low? Hightop77 79 1,225 02-08-2023, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Blinky