Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: People do not care until they learn how much you do. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Georgem80Portman not seeking re-election.
Does this setup a Jordan vs Ryan showdown?

I think Ryan stays where he is. Does Jordan open himself up to it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(01-25-2021, 12:23 PM)Georgem80 Wrote: Does this setup a Jordan vs Ryan showdown? 

Lets hope so.
Make America Honest Again
Apparently Portman has been thinking of doing this for some time. It will be interesting to see if he votes to convict Trump now that he is leaving after his term. He is probably fed up with all the bs flowing from both parties.
Did Portman do anything other than collect a check?
(01-25-2021, 03:14 PM)jmesser1982 Wrote: Apparently Portman has been thinking of doing this for some time. It will be interesting to see if he votes to convict Trump now that he is leaving after his term. He is probably fed up with all the bs flowing from both parties.

Thatâ€s a interesting thought. Has Portman been pro Trump or Luke warm to Trump?

(01-25-2021, 12:23 PM)Georgem80 Wrote: Does this setup a Jordan vs Ryan showdown? 

It makes a lot of sense.  Jordan is going to move up the food chain.
(01-25-2021, 03:37 PM)K9Buck Wrote: Did Portman do anything other than collect a check?

He was for gay marriage.  As if thatâ€s what he was sent to Washington.  These guys can all go pound sand.  We need new life in this party, yesterday.
I know the Portman family personally. They lived a few streets over from us in Terrace Park, just east of Cincinnati. On the first weekend after 9/11 their youngest son stayed at our house. I would characterize him as one of the most honest people I know. He is not driven by party politics or power or emotion or attention seeking sound bites So if something does not align with personal principles of responsible leadership he either thoughtfully tries to get it reconsidered or he steps away.

Their family is strong in their faith and I know it took him some time to personally resolve his faith in regard with his one son deciding to come out as gay. I know the son struggled a long time to come out to his family. For those of you who condemn him about this, tell us how would you handle the same situation?
"Don't, I say don't bother me dog, can't ya see I'm thinkin'?"   Foghorn Leghorn
Not condemning anyone.  Just saying that GM is hardly a priority for this nation.
(01-25-2021, 03:40 PM)Georgem80 Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 03:14 PM)jmesser1982 Wrote: Apparently Portman has been thinking of doing this for some time. It will be interesting to see if he votes to convict Trump now that he is leaving after his term. He is probably fed up with all the bs flowing from both parties.

Thatâ€s a interesting thought.  Has Portman been pro Trump or Luke warm to Trump?

Iâ€d say he has been lukewarm. Hasnâ€t flat out trashed him, but definitely not on the same page in some statements.
(01-25-2021, 05:40 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote: Not condemning anyone.  Just saying that GM is hardly a priority for this nation.
Trump agrees with the nation-GM was a total non issue from day 1 with him. Just sayin....
(01-25-2021, 05:42 PM)stxbuck Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 05:40 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote: Not condemning anyone.  Just saying that GM is hardly a priority for this nation.
Trump agrees with the nation-GM was a total non issue from day 1 with him. Just sayin....

The ship sailed.  Nothing he could really do about it.
(01-25-2021, 05:33 PM)ChinaBuck Wrote: I know the Portman family personally. They lived a few streets over from us in Terrace Park, just east of Cincinnati. On the first weekend after 9/11 their youngest son stayed at our house. I would characterize him as one of the most honest people I know. He is not driven by party politics or power or emotion or attention seeking sound bites So if something does not align with personal principles of responsible leadership he either thoughtfully tries to get it reconsidered or he steps away.

Their family is strong in their faith and I know it took him some time to personally resolve his faith in regard with his one son deciding to come out as gay. I know the son struggled a long time to come out to his family. For those of you who condemn him about this, tell us how would you handle the same situation?
Just a thought.  If he (the family) is strong in their faith then how is he for gay marriage?  It plainly says in the Bible marriage is between a man and a woman.  
I have a good friend who is a strong Christian and his son came out as gay during college.  He welcomes his son to his home but does not welcome his "boyfriend" there especially when grandchildren are over, etc.
(01-25-2021, 05:33 PM)ChinaBuck Wrote: I know the Portman family personally. They lived a few streets over from us in Terrace Park, just east of Cincinnati. On the first weekend after 9/11 their youngest son stayed at our house. I would characterize him as one of the most honest people I know. He is not driven by party politics or power or emotion or attention seeking sound bites So if something does not align with personal principles of responsible leadership he either thoughtfully tries to get it reconsidered or he steps away.

I have nothing against Portman, other than he seemed to be spineless and unwilling to FIGHT for average Americans.

It is for Satan and, therefore, it is for his leftist pawns that serve him.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Was the 2020 election stolen by deep states? zigbee 98 501 7 hours ago
Last Post: zigbee
  black pilled, deep state, election rigging, etc... ScarletHayes 14 261 03-07-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  More claims of massive voter fraud in Michigan 2020 election K9Buck 68 1,072 03-04-2024, 04:24 PM
Last Post: maize
  Election 2020: Revenge of the Dems P1tchblack 201 33,159 02-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  Mail in ballot study finds Trump won 2020 election computerbuck 11 199 02-11-2024, 11:39 PM
Last Post: 3rdgensooner
  Congress could decide 2024 election due to 3rd parties zigbee 3 99 01-18-2024, 07:17 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  So let's say I'm wrong and Trump wins the 24' election K9Buck 70 765 01-15-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Hightop77
  Manchin not running for re-election Syncro 16 217 11-10-2023, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Hightop77
  Election 2024: Wrath of the Joe P1tchblack 10 278 11-09-2023, 02:25 PM
Last Post: maize
  Donald Trump Followers Targeted by FBI as 2024 Election Nears maize 12 217 10-05-2023, 07:33 AM
Last Post: P1tchblack