Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: Your life doesn't get better by chance. It gets better by change. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NRA came through for this kid! (Nerf gun)
Nerf gun kid receives hundreds of nerf guns.
My son has a virtual armory of nerf guns. Ahh... good times. We would go out and play as a family. Set up pallets in the back yard. Use the barn as a fortress to be assaulted. His friends would come by and we would have a battle royale.
If only the NRA were trying to protect our actual gun rights. I say that as someone who is a lifetime member of the NRA.
Has there been a loss of gun rights in America? Honest question wydileie.
(12-14-2020, 10:57 AM)wydileie Wrote: If only the NRA were trying to protect our actual gun rights. I say that as someone who is a lifetime member of the NRA.

The NRA has done more to protect gun rights than any other organization I know of.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

(12-14-2020, 11:10 AM)Conanthelibrarian Wrote: Has there been a loss of gun rights in America?  Honest question wydileie.

Depends on where you live.  Try and buy a firearm in NYC.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

(12-14-2020, 11:13 AM)Hightop77 Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 11:10 AM)Conanthelibrarian Wrote: Has there been a loss of gun rights in America?  Honest question wydileie.

Depends on where you live.  Try and buy a firearm in NYC.
Agreed.  Try carrying one into NYC. Jail time.
Counting down the days until ARs are banned again.
The NRA tacitly supported the bump stock ban, and have been virtually silent on the recent ATF raid of Polymer80 and the Biden team involvement with the ATF, which includes their desire to end support for 80% lowers, and AR-15 pistol braces. The organization officially supports the National Firearms Act. They also give little support or action into providing resources to fight for common sense gun law changes like legalizing silencers/suppressors.
(12-14-2020, 11:52 AM)wydileie Wrote:
The NRA tacitly supported the bump stock ban, and have been virtually silent on the recent ATF raid of Polymer80 and the Biden team involvement with the ATF, which includes their desire to end support for 80% lowers, and AR-15 pistol braces. The organization officially supports the National Firearms Act. They also give little support or action into providing resources to fight for common sense gun law changes like legalizing silencers/suppressors.

Bump stocks are not firearms and were a device designed to overcome the regulation of full auto firearms.  Like I said, you are attacking the people who have done more to keep the Second Amendment than any other organization.  Attacking the NRA is not a sane solution to protecting gun rights.

I would have sent that kid a nerf gun if I had his address

Thanks for the info.
(12-14-2020, 11:56 AM)Hightop77 Wrote:

Bump stocks are not firearms and were a device designed to overcome the regulation of full auto firearms.  Like I said, you are attacking the people who have done more to keep the Second Amendment than any other organization.  Attacking the NRA is not a sane solution to protecting gun rights.
You can quite literally build your own bump stock for a couple bucks, and a few minutes of your time. Anyone who wants one can simply make it themselves. It was also a law that made perfectly legal gun owners criminals overnight if they choose not to comply with an unlawful, and simply stupid law. It also doesn't turn a gun into a full auto, it harnesses elementary level physics to oppose the recoil energy to push the gun back forward into a shooting position. You can learn a technique to do the same thing without any stock or non-standard equipment at all. Hence, why you can make your own in a trivial fashion with any number of methods available on the Internet.

Here, you can see for yourself how simple it is:

As I said, I am a lifetime NRA member. They do a lot of good for the firearm community, mostly revolving around their safety training and general firearm instructional courses. They provide a valuable resource in that area. As far as their political arm goes, the NRA-ILA, they do not support gun rights and the second amendment. They have supported, and continue to support, many laws that restrict freedoms. The GOA (Gunowners of America) are a much better organization for gun lobbying.