Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A Big Bang led to star being born.

WELCOME new member AMaizawing (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being "worldly" or "of the world"
The bible speaks of this many times.  Here is some information in case you would like to better understand the concept.  

https://biblereasons.com/not-of-this-world/

Bible verses about not of this world
Even though we are in this world Christians are not of this world. Our true home is not in this sinful world it is in Heaven. Yes there are bad things in this world and yes there will be suffering, but believers can rest assured that there is a glorious Kingdom that awaits us.

A place far greater than you could have ever imagined. Do not love the things of the world and be conformed to it. The things that unbelievers live for are temporary and it can all be gone faster than a lighting strike. Live for Christ. Stop trying to fit in. Donâ€t act how people of this world act, but instead be an imitator of Christ and spread the gospel so others can one day go to their heavenly home.
1. John 17:14-16 I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of it.

2. John 15:19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.
3. John 8:22-24 So the Jews said, “Will he kill himself, since he says, ‘Where I am going, you cannot come�” He said to them, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.”

4. 1 John 4:5 They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them.
Satan is the god of this world.

5. 1 John 5:19 We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

6. John 16:11 Judgment will come because the ruler of this world has already been judged.

7. John 12:31 The time for judging this world has come, when Satan, the ruler of this world, will be cast out.

8. 1 John 4:4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.
Be different from the world.

9. Romans 12:1-2 Therefore, I urge you brothers and sisters, in view of Godâ€s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what Godâ€s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

10. James 4:4 You adulterous people, donâ€t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.

11. 1 John 2:15-17 Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever.
Our home is in Heaven

12. John 18:36 Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”

13. Philippians 3:20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ.
Reminders

14. Matthew 16:26 What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?

15. Matthew 16:24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.“

16. Ephesians 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

17. 2 Corinthians 6:14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?
Be imitators of Christ while you live on this Earth.

18. 1 Peter 2:11-12 Dear friends, I warn you as “temporary residents and foreigners” to keep away from worldly desires that wage war against your very souls. Be careful to live properly among your unbelieving neighbors. Then even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they will see your honorable behavior, and they will give honor to God when he judges the world.

19. Matthew 5:13-16 You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

20. Ephesians 5:1 Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children.
You're welcome, although for some here, we should probably be reminded of Matthew 7:6.
Well, since you brought it up,.....

The idea of Christians going to heaven is strictly a New Testament  thing.  According to the OT, Heaven is where God lived and when the day of judgement comes, the dead will be brought back to life and judged with the living.   At that time, all of the people that God doesn't like  would be destroyed and all the people he likes would get to live on utopian Earth as it was before Adam & Eve messed it up.

Paul, when he believed that he saw Jesus alive, believed that the "end" was very near, that the God would soon return to earth to judge everyone and return the earth to the "Kingdom of God"...a literal earthly kingdom as was referenced in the OT.

Well...as time goes on and on , God/Jesus isn't coming back and you have believers/disciples dying, soon you have the question being asked "What happens to believers when they die?" and that's the beginning of Christians going to heaven.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(12-10-2020, 06:47 AM)P1tchblack Wrote: Well, since you brought it up,.....

The idea of Christians going to heaven is strictly a New Testament  thing.  According to the OT, Heaven is where God lived and when the day of judgement comes, the dead will be brought back to life and judged with the living.   At that time, all of the people that God doesn't like  would be destroyed and all the people he likes would get to live on utopian Earth as it was before Adam & Eve messed it up.

Paul, when he believed that he saw Jesus alive, believed that the "end" was very near, that the God would soon return to earth to judge everyone and return the earth to the "Kingdom of God"...a literal earthly kingdom as was referenced in the OT.

Well...as time goes on and on , God/Jesus isn't coming back and you have believers/disciples dying, soon you have the question being asked "What happens to believers when they die?" and that's the beginning of Christians going to heaven.

Yes and No. 
They did not understand there would be “2” comings of the Messiah. They believed as you said He would reign and rule here. Even the Apostles didnâ€t understand this until the resurrection.

Jesus Himself says in John 14:1-4

““Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Fatherâ€s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know.””
‭‭John‬ ‭14:1-4‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Now Iâ€m gonna blow up some denominational theory here. 
The word “Mansion” is the Greek word “Mone” it means an Abiding or Dwelling place. Not a literally mansion. Heâ€s speaking of the Fathers “House” whatâ€s ina house? Rooms, or dwellings places.
Heâ€s saying thereâ€s rooms for everyone in the Fathers house.

Now Jesus plainly says Heâ€s going away, but then coming back to get us. Iâ€m not a big Rapture away from trouble guy, but we know in Revelations that Satan will reign on Earth a 1000 years. We at that time will be with Christ.
BUT!! Then He will Return create and New Heaven and New Earth, and we will remain here.
Heaven is just a short vacation. Not a permanent place to be.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The world's most beautiful woman ChinaBuck 39 778 03-16-2024, 10:40 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  As the (Far Right and Left) World Turns P1tchblack 547 14,514 03-11-2024, 05:45 PM
  World's Greatest Entertainer ChinaBuck 32 484 02-22-2024, 11:21 PM
Last Post: Dzone1
  Where would America rank in terms of "gun violence" in the world if... K9Buck 54 796 02-19-2024, 10:41 AM
Last Post: Hightop77
  Apocalypse World War l TakeThePoints 0 49 01-28-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: TakeThePoints
  "Planet X Two Weeks Away" - Mike From Around the World computerbuck 38 767 12-22-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  Gene Therapy - Good or End of the World Sanitarian2 4 124 12-09-2023, 12:03 AM
  World's Hottest Doctor ChinaBuck 11 354 12-02-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: dunefan
  As the world is ablaze, I'm now wondering if... ScarletHayes 31 595 10-11-2023, 09:01 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  In this week's episode of As the White Trash World Turns P1tchblack 18 442 09-18-2023, 08:52 AM
Last Post: P1tchblack