Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A positive outlook is what leads to positive results.

WELCOME new member AMaizawing (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is gonna be good.
Will they ever learn?  Get ready for the five finger discount.  "Non-profit store" is the understatement of the year.

Thorntons to open first-ever nonprofit store in west Louisville sports complex
[Image: 5fd100d0786a9.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C675]

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- The Louisville Urban League is teaming up with Thorntons to expand its brand-new sports and learning complex in the city's west end.

The first-ever nonprofit Thorntons convenience store will open in the new Norton Healthcare Sports and Learning Center. Plans for the store were announced Wednesday morning.

The public will be able to access the store from both the inside and the outside of the sports complex. The goal of the store will be to help feed economic development and revitalization in the underserved area.

Thorntons is footing the bill, and every single dollar of profit it makes will go to the Louisville Urban League.

Additionally, the company said it is buying into the league's mission to encourage job growth in the area. The store will be a training and recruiting site to help place people in Thorntons jobs and move up in the company.

We passionately believe about diversity, equity and inclusion, and I think this is a way of providing some equity back to the community," said Simon Richards, president and CEO of Thorntons. "And it comes in the form of reinvesting some money and also supporting some of the wonderful programs Sadiqa and the Louisville Urban League does, and their mission.

Sadiqa Reynolds, CEO of the Louisville Urban League, said the partnership is desperately needed and will help the complex keep its bills paid, even if it struggles during its first few months as it operates during a pandemic.
The store will be open to the community seven days a week, even if the sports complex is not open. The store also plans to showcase local business products.

It's slated to open just after the complex does, sometime early in 2021.

Copyright 2020 WDRB Media. All Rights Reserved.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

What's the issue?
Is this a black run business?
(12-09-2020, 01:23 PM)P1tchblack Wrote: What's the issue?
Could be a black issue.....shhhhhhh[Image: emoji1465.png][Image: emoji1534.png]
Make America Honest Again
(12-09-2020, 01:25 PM)Blinky Wrote: Is this a black run business?

Of course not.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

Sadiqa isn't a black girl name?
(12-09-2020, 01:30 PM)Blinky Wrote: Sadiqa isn't a black girl name?

She's the Urban League official.

I must be dense. What is the issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(12-09-2020, 01:34 PM)Georgem80 Wrote: I must be dense. What is the issue?

Louisville is about 23% black and all black people are criminals, doncha know.
(12-09-2020, 01:34 PM)Georgem80 Wrote: I must be dense. What is the issue?

There are many and they will become apparent after all this opens next year.  For those not familiar, this store is going to be part of a 50 million dollar sports/health complex built by Norton Health Care.  It will be located in the middle of one of the most dangerous high crime areas in America.  Nearly every retail business there has closed or moved out over the years because of violent crime and shoplifting.  We could have over/under wagering related to the minutes, hours or days as appropriate before the first incident of shoplifting,the first armed robbery, the first murder, the first looting, etc.

Never heard of Thortons. Is it a sports apparel business?

If so, I think its great they are going to run it at zero profit and reinvest in the community. Maybe bring some jobs and thus pride into the community, spawning more stores of its type.
(12-09-2020, 01:57 PM)Conanthelibrarian Wrote: Never heard of Thortons.  Is it a sports apparel business?

If so, I think its great they are going to run it at zero profit and reinvest in the community.  Maybe bring some jobs and thus pride into the community, spawning more stores of its type.

Thornton's is a Louisville based convenience, gasoline, travel center chain. Over 200 stores in the region.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gonna need a bigger boat ChinaBuck 3 87 03-17-2024, 03:01 PM
Last Post: maize
  Gonna need a bigger plane ChinaBuck 0 31 03-15-2024, 10:37 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Marty Brennaman - Good read. unc4corners 10 163 02-03-2024, 09:43 PM
Last Post: unc4corners
  Gene Therapy - Good or End of the World Sanitarian2 4 124 12-09-2023, 12:03 AM
  Good series on Hulu P1tchblack 3 70 09-01-2023, 04:15 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  Hunter Biden is gonna skate Syncro 136 2,441 07-31-2023, 06:18 PM
Last Post: stxbuck
  Find 3 pandas not wearing sun glasses.......GOOD LUCK zigbee 7 150 07-29-2023, 10:23 PM
  Y’all gonna change yer mind now - Biden cured cancer ChinaBuck 3 101 07-25-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: unc4corners
  Good read on Kennedy Jr. antivaxxer TcSoup 23 403 07-19-2023, 01:00 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  This is a good look for Macron! K9Buck 2 91 06-16-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: maize