Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A positive outlook is what leads to positive results.

WELCOME new member AMaizawing (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Cross vs Empty Tomb....
Which is more important in your view?
(Yes we need both) 

I recently had some discussions on this with some pretty serious followers of Christ. Just wondered what others might think about this.
(12-03-2020, 11:23 AM)Orbit1 Wrote: Which is more important in your view?
(Yes we need both) 

I recently had some discussions on this with some pretty serious followers of Christ. Just wondered what others might think about this.

Good question... the sacrifice for us or the promise fulfilled.

I would have to go with the empty tomb.   As it encompasses both at the same time.
The Cross.
It's like the chicken or the egg situation.
Gotta have both.

Would you appreciate more a friend taking a bullet and dying for you to live or knowing he went to Heaven after he died for you?
I'll take his death for me first.
Which one is easier to hang from a necklace?
Empty tomb.

Celebrating the cross is like celebrating the electric chair. Kind of strange.
I can't find that one is 'better' or more important than the other. They served different purposes all within the same goal.

No longer GroupThink 'woke'.  but it was fun while it lasted.
What about in light of this scripture??

“Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen. And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty. Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise up—if in fact the dead do not rise.

For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen. And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins!”

‭‭I Corinthians‬ ‭15:12-17‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
——————
If there is no empty tomb from Resurrection, isnâ€t Jesus no different than the other two that were crucified on that day? Just another dead Jewish man?
(12-03-2020, 11:50 AM)Blinky Wrote: Empty tomb.

Celebrating the cross is like celebrating the electric chair. Kind of strange.

Ah yes.... the mantra of Mormons as to why their churches don't have crosses.
If Jesus is not risen, then yes, He is no different. Exactly correct. That is why the Doctrine of the Resurrection is so important to the faith.

But the death and taking on the sins of the world is the opposite side of that same coin. The Resurrection has no value without the sinless death that preceded it.

(12-03-2020, 12:03 PM)Alabuckeye Wrote: If Jesus is not risen, then yes, He is no different.  Exactly correct.  That is why the Doctrine of the Resurrection is so important to the faith.

But the death and taking on the sins of the world is the opposite side of that same coin.  The Resurrection has no value without the sinless death that preceded it.

I agree. I just wonder how many look at it like that? Sometimes the Resurrection is almost an after thought it seems. You hear “The Cross! The Cross! The Cross!” But the cross is meaningless without an empty tomb.
(12-03-2020, 12:13 PM)Orbit1 Wrote:
(12-03-2020, 12:03 PM)Alabuckeye Wrote: If Jesus is not risen, then yes, He is no different.  Exactly correct.  That is why the Doctrine of the Resurrection is so important to the faith.

But the death and taking on the sins of the world is the opposite side of that same coin.  The Resurrection has no value without the sinless death that preceded it.

I agree. I just wonder how many look at it like that? Sometimes the Resurrection is almost an after thought it seems. You hear “The Cross! The Cross! The Cross!” But the cross is meaningless without an empty tomb.
This is true!  Emphasis is placed on one part, to the perceived exclusion of other parts, which are equally important.  The virgin birth.  Just as critical.  The Doctrine of Original Sin.  Just as critical.  They are parts to the greater story, and if ignored, create unsustainable voids.

Without the cross, the tomb is meaningless/impossible.

Its a chicken or egg though. Botyh have to be there.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Iranians stopped trying to cross border P1tchblack 11 253 12-14-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Syncro
  Could you cross this bog? Alabuckeye 13 203 12-08-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  MSNBC fires lead host Tiffany Cross P1tchblack 4 148 11-07-2022, 10:17 AM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  Hey JOE!!! Grocers have empty shelves....over COVID! Time to freak out zigbee 24 1,335 01-12-2022, 06:13 AM
Last Post: Georgem80
  How did Computerbuck miss this one? Cross above Israel? There is a God zigbee 1 457 02-10-2020, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Alabuckeye
  These are who we are getting as they illegally cross our borders zigbee 13 909 02-04-2020, 10:19 PM
Last Post: Brutus Buckeye
  People should learn HOW to cross the street zigbee 2 525 01-18-2020, 11:36 PM
Last Post: sparky454
  Ya wanna know why Giuliani is in their cross-hairs? ScarletHayes 3 371 12-22-2019, 12:58 PM
Last Post: lrrps21
  Week 12: Most of the NFL Season Done, Most Seats Remain Empty sargentodiaz 12 530 11-26-2019, 07:45 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  A new solution for America’s empty churches: Hightop77 106 17,759 09-06-2019, 05:52 PM
Last Post: stxbuck