Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: People do not care until they learn how much you do. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
zigbeeKat Timpf on canceling student debt
The debate about whether or not we should “cancel” or “forgive” student loan debt has been raging for years, but a pretty crucial point keeps getting ignored — the fact that doing this is impossible.

When I say “impossible,” I donâ€t merely mean that the proposals are too expensive or that they wouldnâ€t achieve the economic boost that they promise. Although I do believe those things are true as well.

A recent Fox Business article by Megan Henney does a good job of explaining those details.

What I mean here is far more straightforward than any discussion about policy details and implications. What I mean when I say “impossible” is that student loan debt “forgiveness” and “cancelation” do not exist. Thatâ€s obvious by the fact that absolutely none of the proposals that people discuss using this language actually do anything of the sort.

Let me be clear: Anyone who refers to policies that remove the responsibility of loan debt from the borrowers as “forgiveness” or “cancelation” is misrepresenting reality at best, and lying at worst.

Think about it: To "forgive" a mistake is to absolve it, but that isnâ€t what these policies do. They donâ€t absolve mistakes, they just force other uninvolved people to pay for them. They donâ€t “cancel” the debt, they just pass the buck to someone else.

Just imagine, for example, if a business had a “cancelation” policy like this: Bob orders a product, and then later decides that he canâ€t afford it. He calls customer service, and the representative tells him not to worry. He can keep the product, but his financial responsibility for it has been absolved.

Then the company sends a bill to someone else for what Bob bought, and expects that person to pay for it. Would anyone in their right mind actually call this sort of thing a “cancelation policy” (let alone a fair one!) with a straight face? I donâ€t think anyone would, so why do we sit idly by and allow politicians and the media to do exactly this when it comes to student loans?

The truth is that we shouldnâ€t, and itâ€s important that we stop. Hearing this topic repeatedly discussed as "forgiveness" or “cancelation,” after all, changes the entire dynamic of the conversation.

People pushing for policies using this language can freely and easily focus, for example, on how tough things are for people with the debt. And so why wouldn't we just want to forgive them? Itâ€s nice to forgive; they deserve forgiveness; any nice person could realize that, why are you so mean?

It is nice to forgive; I agree, and I do exactly that whenever I can. Still, that doesnâ€t change the fact that “forgiveness” just isnâ€t what this is — and honestly, there are few things less useful than a debate surrounding a premise that is false in the first place.
[Image: d29aa09b61e49236ed906bc1a1b084cb.jpg]
Make America Honest Again
Is that her?  Yowzers [Image: emoji41.png]  Always thought she was attractive with the hot librarian look, but Iâ€m digging the bathing suit.  

Gosh I hope thatâ€s her and not part of Zigâ€s family or something  [Image: emoji51.png]
(11-28-2020, 05:57 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote: Is that her?  Yowzers [Image: emoji41.png]  Always thought she was attractive with the hot librarian look, but Iâ€m digging the bathing suit.  

Gosh I hope thatâ€s her and not part of Zigâ€s family or something  [Image: emoji51.png]
That's her...my wife looks a little like Kat sans about 30+ years.  So, no, it's fine. Big Grin  I can safely say I wish my wife was that young again but she feels the same about me.[Image: emoji851.png]
Zig, I could be wrong but I think that is Anna Koiman. Not to take anything away from Kat Timpf though cause she is smoking as well.
(11-28-2020, 07:11 PM)Moreheadbuck Wrote: Zig, I could be wrong but I think that is Anna Koiman.  Not to take anything away from Kat Timpf though cause she is smoking as well.
You are correct Morheadbuck.
Good call.  SOME how it got mixed in those pics...

Quote:
<script async src="//www.instagram.com/embed.js"></script>
Smoke show
Kat is much thinner than this woman, almost anorexic looking, but tonight lahren and this other chick are total smoke shows.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I didn't think the face matched up, but I thought maybe the sunglasses were throwing things off.  Anyway, that's why I was sort of wondering if Zig had a pic of someone he knew on there for some reason.  

Anyway, whatever happened to Koiman?  I never see her on Fox anymore.
Yes Kat and Anna K are beauties but wake me when they get to Shannon Breams level  Cool Cool however my new fav is Abbie Hornacek
Fox has this woman doctor they interview during prime time on occasion.  Beautiful woman.  Hard to believe that much brains and that much beauty could be in one package.  Wish I remembered her name.  

Soup, speaking of Breem, is her show gone now?  I see they have Brett Baier doing something in her spot this week.
I will take Dana Perrino over any Fox news girl.
(11-28-2020, 11:48 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote: Fox has this woman doctor they interview during prime time on occasion.  Beautiful woman.  Hard to believe that much brains and that much beauty could be in one package.  Wish I remembered her name.  

Soup, speaking of Breem, is her show gone now?  I see they have Brett Baier doing something in her spot this week.
Nicole Saphier. And yes, she's gorgeous. Way more attractive than these two young women.

https://twitter.com/NBSaphierMD/status/1...58470?s=19
(11-29-2020, 12:21 AM)Bonebuck Wrote: I will take Dana Perrino over any Fox news girl.
Yep dana perino is also one of my favorite. Brains, beauty, class.

There are a few others that I like too.

(11-28-2020, 11:39 PM)Soupcity Kid Wrote: Yes Kat and Anna K are beauties but wake me when they get to Shannon Breams level  Cool Cool however my new fav is Abbie Hornacek
Abbie is a very cute "girl next door type", but like kat timpf she is in dire need of a sandwich.

There's anew one that I have seen recently that's not bad either...Carly Shimkus
Boobs are proof that men can concentrate on 2 things at the same time

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video High school student gets last laugh after school says he can't fly US flag on his veh K9Buck 9 100 03-21-2024, 03:37 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  Vietnamese Student: accepted to Miami, shocked it was Miami of Ohio ChinaBuck 14 250 10-16-2023, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Hightop77
  Video of high school student knocking out teacher with chair K9Buck 18 344 09-30-2023, 10:27 PM
Last Post: dkeener67
  Biden to loosen bankruptcy rules for student loans davebucknut 6 130 07-09-2023, 08:40 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  Pay your student loan bills, losers Syncro 34 497 07-01-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  So help me out here. Biden waives student loan debt? ScarletHayes 152 3,585 06-30-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: maize
  British student kicked out of class for saying there are only 2 genders K9Buck 6 125 06-22-2023, 07:57 AM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  USA Today whine piece on student loans zigbee 16 275 06-18-2023, 10:47 AM
Last Post: stxbuck
  Debt Ceiling Showdown Beastdog 9 138 05-11-2023, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Georgem80
  Teacher takes student's phone, gets pepper sprayed K9Buck 12 255 05-07-2023, 05:59 AM
Last Post: dunefan