Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: People do not care until they learn how much you do. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
zigbeeEric Clapton: Keep UK white. Others can leave
Eric Clapton slammed after past racially insensitive remarks surface amid release of anti-lockdown song
The new single will be released on December 4th

Eric Clapton is in hot water after it was announced on Friday that he and Van Morrison will be releasing an anti-lockdown single called, “Stand and Deliver” on Dec. 4.

The single is written by Morrison and recorded by Clapton, and news of its release had many scratching their heads for the fact the song appears to blatantly go against the government lockdowns and mandates set in place to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus. However, countless others on social media took chose to take umbrage with racially insensitive comments Clapton made years ago while addressing a crowd during a show in Birmingham, England in August 1976.

During the again-unsurfaced tirade, which many younger Clapton fans hardly knew existed, the guitarist and crooner allegedly called for foreigners to “get out” of Great Britain.

“Stop Britain from becoming a Black colony. Get the wogs out. Get the coons out. Keep Britain white,” Clapton, now-75, said at the time. “The Black wogs and coons and Arabs and f—king Jamaicans donâ€t belong here, we donâ€t want them here.”

[Image: eric-clapton-getty-london-2020.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]

The Mountain Goats, a band that had released the pandemic anthem “This Year,” was among those who slammed Clapton and Morrison for their new single. “What the f–k is wrong with these rich a--holes?” the band fumed on its Twitter account. “I ask this as a Van Morrison fan.”

Meanwhile, novelist and podcast host Hari Kunzru chimed in, adding, “Last time Clapton weighed in on politics they had to start Rock Against Racism.”

“Clapton is the worst. He has always been the worst. He was even the worst member of Cream,” Kunzru added in a follow-up tweet. “Van Morrison is also the worst. Even when making Astral Weeks, a sublime record that still makes me cry, he was (I have reluctantly come to accept) the worst.”

Quote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
In a statement to Variety on Friday, Clapton called the absence of live events due to lockdown restrictions “deeply upsetting.”

“There are many of us who support Van and his endeavors to save live music; he is an inspiration,” Clapton said. “We must stand up and be counted because we need to find a way out of this mess. The alternative is not worth thinking about. Live music might never recover.”
Make America Honest Again
I dropped 600 bones for 3 tickets to see Chris Stapleton last April.  Of course it was postponed and of course they kept my money.  They cancel again this April I want my friggin money back  Angry
(11-28-2020, 12:26 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote: I dropped 600 bones for 3 tickets to see Chris Stapleton last April.  Of course it was postponed and of course they kept my money.  They cancel again this April I want my friggin money back  Angry
Scarlet who did you purchase your tickets through.?

We had tickets to around half a dozen shows when the lockdown hit in March / April. We received refunds on every show except one. We purchased through Ticketmaster.
The one show we haven't been offered refund on has been rescheduled in 2021 and was a up and coming band whose ticket price was under $25 so we haven't pursued a refund yet. 
If the show has been canceled you should have been notified and given options for a refund or given a option of using your ticket price towards other shows with up to a 25% discount for additional tickets bought.
(11-28-2020, 12:26 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote: I dropped 600 bones for 3 tickets to see Chris Stapleton last April.  Of course it was postponed and of course they kept my money.  They cancel again this April I want my friggin money back  Angry
which is why I quit going to concerts. Getting a refund is like pulling eye teeth!
Boobs are proof that men can concentrate on 2 things at the same time
It was the cocaine.
My wife purchased them online like a year ago; Iâ€ll have to ask her who she got them through
(11-28-2020, 12:22 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote: My wife purchased them online like a year ago; Iâ€ll have to ask her who she got them through
If they haven't offered you a refund through Email you may need to call the ticket outlet direct. 
Our friend who used a Ticketmaster gift card ended up doing that and was promptly given credit back on her card to use at a later date.
If they think that Clapton is bad, the should read the lyrics to Trump hater Axl and the rest of GnRâ€s
One in a Million.
(11-28-2020, 06:04 PM)Orbit1 Wrote: If they think that Clapton is bad, the should read the lyrics to Trump hater Axl and the rest of GnRâ€s
One in a Million.
Wow. That's bad.  Never heard of that song.
Killer tune though...

Of course his comments are pretty terrible but because people want to attack him they drag out comments he made 44 years ago!
(11-30-2020, 05:19 AM)Arby328 Wrote: Of course his comments are pretty terrible but because people want to attack him they drag out comments he made 44 years ago!
Yep he was on a downward spiral dancing with Her-ion back then....
As a white guy, I am OPPOSED to concepts such as racial supremacy or nationalism.  After all, probably 40% of WHITE Americans are blithering idiots.  

I do believe in segregation, ideological segregation, to be exact.  People that want to live in an all-powerful government state should live there and people that believe in minimal government and free markets, like me, should live elsewhere.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's incredible what SOME black people can and do say about white people zigbee 21 158 04-05-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: davebucknut
  When will white people learn? (Jordan Neely) K9Buck 334 6,955 03-29-2024, 12:45 PM
Last Post: lrrps21
  The epidemic of black-on-white violence K9Buck 258 4,069 03-25-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: lrrps21
  The VIOLENT criminality of white people P1tchblack 235 4,540 03-13-2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  Leave It To The Experts lrrps21 18 246 03-07-2024, 06:33 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Trans dude that showed off his fake tits at White House... K9Buck 2 58 03-05-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  I thought white, country, music, fans were all a bunch of racists K9Buck 29 478 02-23-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Blinky
  Law and Order... White Karen drops rape charge because of white privilege maize 3 97 01-30-2024, 05:11 PM
Last Post: stxbuck
  Starbucks fires white guy for stopping armed robbery by two black guys K9Buck 59 838 01-29-2024, 08:12 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  As I always say, white folks gotta get out of blue jurisdictions K9Buck 1 67 01-28-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TakeThePoints