Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: People do not care until they learn how much you do. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
K9Buck2021 Football Recruiting
Here is an update from Bill Green of Buckeye Scoop.  

Bank Blog: Sunday afternoon tidbits on OSU
  • By: Bill Greene 

• 12 hours ago
MY EVAL OF GABE POWERS: I would probably be higher on Powers than most and I don't think it's a certainty that he plays defensive end for Ohio State, although I do acknowledge that's a distinct possibility. I love the length, speed, and ability to change direction, and I can see Powers having a career that mirrors that of former Buckeye Bobby Carpenter. Should Powers end up in the 265-270 pound range, then he will be putting his hand down as an end. Regardless, I love this kid as an outside player than can both set the edge against the run and be a devastating blitzer getting after the QB. The concerns would be that he ends up a tweener, too small to handle defensive end and not athletic enough to play at linebacker, but that's not how I see this guy at all. This is the son of a coach and a kid that has a high football IQ, so Powers is going to be a future captain candidate one day. I love the quality of competition he goes against on a weekly basis and the ceiling is still very high. Whether he's a defensive end or linebacker, I see Powers as an edge player that should be able to get on the field quickly at Ohio State.

COMMITS AND POSSIBLE DE-COMMITS: I've checked and re-checked the commit list and I think the recruiting class is as solid as any in America right now, and that's acknowledging that there will be more de-commits across the country than ever before if the official visit window gets opened up again. There would be two names that would be guys to continue to track going forward and this is with no evidence more than circumstantial. Based on the nature of the commitment and the position he plays being loaded with studs, I think Denzel Burke is one to keep an eye on. He's coming a long way from home and his commitment was a surprise since he was being told he had to visit before it would be accepted. I've looked sideways at the commitment of Tunmise Adeleye from the day it occurred and I still feel that way today. He is in contact with other schools and I would watch that one for visits and wouldn't be totally sold on him until the signed fax is accepted. Florida is now back in the picture after the two parties kind of parted ways after the OSU commitment, and the Gators are a big threat again.

O-LINE RECRUITING: I have nothing new at all on either JC Latham or Jager Burton and I don't really see Ohio State as being in the game for either guy until one or both step foot on campus. I have OSU firmly in the trailing position for both. Get official visits and maybe things could change. With Tristan Leigh I do have positive news for Ohio State, but it's not so much that OSU is surging with him, but rather that Clemson is fading fast. Something appears to be going on with the Fighting Dabo's and there seems to be some bad mojo with their 2021 class. If Clemson can be eliminated and this becomes a two-team race between LSU and OSU, that is something very positive for the Buckeye effort to land the big-time tackle. I still have OSU firmly behind LSU as of this writing, but even with or ahead of Clemson based on a great source.

EMEKA and JT: Still have Egbuka to Ohio State and feel really strongly about that pick. Oklahoma is the main threat but the relationships with Brian Hartline and Ryan Day are very strong and should win the day for Ohio State. No worries there at all today. With Tuimoloau, info is tough to get because he is not going to put his life out there for all to see. My info is that the NFL is the ultimate goal and he's VERY aware of the OSU history of dominating the recent NFL drafts. JT is a very mature kid and don't underestimate the relationships with Larry Johnson and Greg Mattison, and also the job Hartline did here getting OSU off on the right foot. I have Oregon as the main foe for OSU and they are a real possibility. The distance favors Oregon but the NFL future definitely helps Ohio State. The relationships with both Gee Scott Sr. and Gee Scott Jr. are also positives for Ohio State. I have OSU as the likely destination and getting JT on campus is huge.

LB RECRUITING: I still have OSU as having a puncher's chance for LSU commit Raesjon Davis and he would be another one that they need to get on campus for that 48-hour official visit. Should that visit occur I might move Davis from possible to probable the minute he gets off the plane in Columbus. They definitely want to add another impact LB in this class.
(08-03-2020, 02:13 AM)K9Buck Wrote: Here is an update from Bill Green of Buckeye Scoop.  

Bank Blog: Sunday afternoon tidbits on OSU
  • By: Bill Greene 

• 12 hours ago
MY EVAL OF GABE POWERS: I would probably be higher on Powers than most and I don't think it's a certainty that he plays defensive end for Ohio State, although I do acknowledge that's a distinct possibility. I love the length, speed, and ability to change direction, and I can see Powers having a career that mirrors that of former Buckeye Bobby Carpenter. Should Powers end up in the 265-270 pound range, then he will be putting his hand down as an end. Regardless, I love this kid as an outside player than can both set the edge against the run and be a devastating blitzer getting after the QB. The concerns would be that he ends up a tweener, too small to handle defensive end and not athletic enough to play at linebacker, but that's not how I see this guy at all. This is the son of a coach and a kid that has a high football IQ, so Powers is going to be a future captain candidate one day. I love the quality of competition he goes against on a weekly basis and the ceiling is still very high. Whether he's a defensive end or linebacker, I see Powers as an edge player that should be able to get on the field quickly at Ohio State.

COMMITS AND POSSIBLE DE-COMMITS: I've checked and re-checked the commit list and I think the recruiting class is as solid as any in America right now, and that's acknowledging that there will be more de-commits across the country than ever before if the official visit window gets opened up again. There would be two names that would be guys to continue to track going forward and this is with no evidence more than circumstantial. Based on the nature of the commitment and the position he plays being loaded with studs, I think Denzel Burke is one to keep an eye on. He's coming a long way from home and his commitment was a surprise since he was being told he had to visit before it would be accepted. I've looked sideways at the commitment of Tunmise Adeleye from the day it occurred and I still feel that way today. He is in contact with other schools and I would watch that one for visits and wouldn't be totally sold on him until the signed fax is accepted. Florida is now back in the picture after the two parties kind of parted ways after the OSU commitment, and the Gators are a big threat again.

O-LINE RECRUITING: I have nothing new at all on either JC Latham or Jager Burton and I don't really see Ohio State as being in the game for either guy until one or both step foot on campus. I have OSU firmly in the trailing position for both. Get official visits and maybe things could change. With Tristan Leigh I do have positive news for Ohio State, but it's not so much that OSU is surging with him, but rather that Clemson is fading fast. Something appears to be going on with the Fighting Dabo's and there seems to be some bad mojo with their 2021 class. If Clemson can be eliminated and this becomes a two-team race between LSU and OSU, that is something very positive for the Buckeye effort to land the big-time tackle. I still have OSU firmly behind LSU as of this writing, but even with or ahead of Clemson based on a great source.

EMEKA and JT: Still have Egbuka to Ohio State and feel really strongly about that pick. Oklahoma is the main threat but the relationships with Brian Hartline and Ryan Day are very strong and should win the day for Ohio State. No worries there at all today. With Tuimoloau, info is tough to get because he is not going to put his life out there for all to see. My info is that the NFL is the ultimate goal and he's VERY aware of the OSU history of dominating the recent NFL drafts. JT is a very mature kid and don't underestimate the relationships with Larry Johnson and Greg Mattison, and also the job Hartline did here getting OSU off on the right foot. I have Oregon as the main foe for OSU and they are a real possibility. The distance favors Oregon but the NFL future definitely helps Ohio State. The relationships with both Gee Scott Sr. and Gee Scott Jr. are also positives for Ohio State. I have OSU as the likely destination and getting JT on campus is huge.

LB RECRUITING: I still have OSU as having a puncher's chance for LSU commit Raesjon Davis and he would be another one that they need to get on campus for that 48-hour official visit. Should that visit occur I might move Davis from possible to probable the minute he gets off the plane in Columbus. They definitely want to add another impact LB in this class.
[Image: emoji106.png]
Make America Honest Again
Suwanee (Ga.) North Gwinnett Top247 2021 cornerback [b]Jordan Hancock[/b] won't play his senior season, his family tells 247Sports. Both his parents have underlying health conditions and the younger Hancock wants to limit his interaction with other people in the middle of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The 6-foot-1, 170-pound Hancock is one of the jewels of an Ohio State recruiting class that ranks No. 1 nationally per the 247Sports Composite. He is the No. 4 cornerback in the Top247 and No. 40 prospect overall.
Hancock has already informed Buckeyes head coach [b]Ryan Day[/b] of his decision. Reading in the local news that one of his peers, Justin Hunter from Johns Creek, lost both of his parents to the coronavirus played a big part in Hancock electing not to play this fall.
The four-star Hancock gave Day and company his pledge back on July 19. He was a former Clemson commit.
“I knew in my heart thatâ€s where I wanted to go,” Hancock told 247Sports at the time.
“My favorite things about Ohio State is the brotherhood & their rich tradition of great football.”
Hancock was dripping with excitement when [b]Jeff Okudah[/b] tweeted “if you make plays in The Shoe on Saturdays, youâ€ll be loved for life lil brotha!” He plans on doing just that as soon as he gets on campus.
BREAKING: Top247 DT Tyleik Williams commits to Ohio State

The recruitment did not play out the way [b]Tyleik Williams[/b] planned, but the final destination has him incredibly excited.

The four-star defensive tackle from Manassas (Va.) Unity Reed committed to Ohio State over a host of offers. His other finalists were North Carolina and Virginia Tech, but the Buckeyes were an easy choice because of their ability to develop defensive linemen and penchant to compete for national titles.

He made the decision while speaking with coach [b]Ryan Day[/b] and defensive line coach [b]Larry Johnson[/b] earlier in the week.

“I was on a Zoom call with them,” Williams said. “They all just screamed. It was exciting.”

The 6-foot-3, 330-pound Williams is the No. 10 defensive tackle in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. He was offered by the Buckeyes in April after he had to cancel a visit to campus because the NCAA shut down trips amid the coronavius pandemic.

However, in the following months Williams built a strong relationship with Johnson and the rest of the coaching staff.

“They showed me their depth chart,” Williams said. “They said I could play as a freshman if I did what I had to do because they are losing a tackle, a nose guard and I think two ends, so there is space on the line.

“Knowing coach Johnson, he knows how to build defensive linemen and put them in the (NFL). It seemed like a fit, and I feel like I could do damage there.”

Although Williams is yet to set foot on the Columbus, Ohio, campus, he did get a glimpse of it through virtual tours.

“It wasn't in-depth about the campus,” he said. “It was a video of the whole thing in one. It looked like a cool place. They showed me their academics, their dorms, their football program, their campus. I basically saw everything."

The idea of being in contention for the college football playoff annually was enticing to Williams.

“That's big” he said. “I am trying to get out there and make something happen. I want a few championships. That is always the plan, though.”

Williams is the second player from Virginia to join Ohio Stateâ€s class. He joins five-star running back [b]TreVeyon Henderson[/b] of Hopewell (Va.) High, and both signal a return to the state for the Buckeyes, who last signed a player from Virginia in 2016 in [b]Wayne Davis[/b] of Norfolk (Va.) Lake Taylor.

Williams said he spoke to Henderson and several other of Ohio Stateâ€s commits during the process, and the message was similar.

“It is a great place to be. They say stuff like that,” he said. “They say it is a great place to be, a great place to commit to, the brotherhood and all of that. It's all good.”
Williams is unsure whether he will enroll in the winter or play high school football in the spring and then enroll at Ohio State.

“The plan is to graduate early, but they told me they have (several mid-years) so I might have to come in May,” he said. “If I can graduate early, I will go ahead and do it. If I have to wait, I will just wait.”

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tony Steinke Memorial Ohio State Football Page ChinaBuck 6 65 03-26-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Syncro
  Buckeye random football talk zigbee 22 2,185 07-30-2023, 05:59 PM
Last Post: stxbuck
  2023 CFB Recruiting OSU and others TcSoup 12 554 07-04-2022, 09:05 AM
Last Post: PtreeCornersBuckeye
  Ohio State 2020 Recruiting Thread zigbee 72 9,961 07-09-2021, 08:05 PM
Last Post: lrrps21