Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A Big Bang led to star being born.

WELCOME new member AMaizawing (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK I'm warming up to the guy
a little.
Trump wants to do away with the single dumbest national activity of my lifetime. Thank you ,please make this happen. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-s...aving-time
[Image: TRUMPPOSTER-maga-8x10_1200x1200.png?v=1509574223]
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

Of course Rubio and Scott proposed it but still I'm hopeful. There is no intelligent argument for continuing the idiocy of twice yearly clock changing.
(03-11-2019, 11:01 AM)3rdgensooner Wrote: Of course Rubio and Scott proposed it but still I'm hopeful. There is no intelligent argument for continuing the idiocy of twice yearly clock changing.

If they are in on it, is it a Deep State/Swamp plot????? Dodgy
I like it personally, but if they end it, that would be OK with me also.

I'm glad to see government tackling such major issues. Nothing else can possibly be important.
I don't mind it. I wouldn't mind if it went away either. But I am retired too so I'ma be biased.
(03-11-2019, 11:27 AM)jmesser1982 Wrote: I don't mind it. I wouldn't mind if it went away either. But I am retired too so I'ma be biased.

When does it start anyway?  I recall it was about now sometime.
(03-11-2019, 11:33 AM)cincydawg Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 11:27 AM)jmesser1982 Wrote: I don't mind it. I wouldn't mind if it went away either. But I am retired too so I'ma be biased.

When does it start anyway?  I recall it was about now sometime.

Yesterday. Pure dummassery. Doesn't accomplish a thing they say it does but causes a lot of problems around the changes. I am glad I don't have to directly deal with it anymore. The main issue comes in when trying to remember the time when I'm calling people elsewhere so I don't call them too early or late.
I would be okay with Permanent DST I suppose, but find the OP to be a little inconsistent with his fierce objection to State's rights on this particular issue. Particularly when he resides right smack dab in the center of a state with no DST.
As it stands the second weekend in March is not my favorite day of the year per se, but it definitely cracks the top five. I'm pretty much counting down the days once NYD has come and gone.
(03-11-2019, 12:54 PM)Brutus Buckeye Wrote: I would be okay with Permanent DST I suppose, but find the OP to be a little inconsistent with his fierce objection to State's rights on this particular issue. Particularly when he resides right smack dab in the center of a state with no DST.

Doesn't make sense given the reason we have it is due to a federal law that would be rescinded. So not exactly a fierce objection to state's rights which also makes little sense given I haven't been some proselytizer for state's rights either. Some states may have gummint idiots dumb enough to decide to have the clocks change for no reason twice a year but it would no longer be a federal law.
Try to make sense once in a while.
https://babylonbee.com/news/nation-final...2SFOv5OXrs

U.S.—The nation, long thought to be far too apathetic to ever do anything about the bloated federal government's massive overreach into citizens' everyday lives, has finally been incited to rebel after the government went too far by taking away an hour of precious, God-given sleep Saturday evening.

Riots, protests, and finally a full-fledged armed rebellion erupted across the nation after the government meddled in the thing Americans love almost as much as cheeseburgers: a sweet, blissful night of sleep.

This might be satire.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If we don't stop global warming now, humans will face mass extinct... ChinaBuck 5 159 09-26-2023, 03:18 PM
Last Post: lrrps21
  Global warming in Los Angeles K9Buck 5 125 02-27-2023, 10:02 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  A Heart Warming Story. (Local here) unc4corners 7 150 09-18-2022, 04:46 PM
Last Post: unc4corners
  Commie Pope and other Christian Leaders Embrace Woke Global Warming Agenda Hightop77 3 555 09-08-2021, 10:04 PM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  Coolants major driver of global warming? zigbee 9 1,534 03-11-2020, 10:03 AM
Last Post: lrrps21
  U.N. Predicts Disaster if Global Warming Not Checked lrrps21 7 1,899 03-20-2019, 07:38 AM
Last Post: cincydawg