Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: People do not care until they learn how much you do. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sources believe coronavirus originated in Wuhan Lab
Sources believe coronavirus originated in Wuhan lab as part of China's efforts to compete with US

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/coronav...us-sources
It's possible but more likely the wet markets.
(04-15-2020, 06:44 PM)3rdgensooner Wrote: It's possible but more likely the wet markets.

Why do you believe that?

From the beginning it has seemed far more likely this was something that got out of the lab...

The odds are astronomical that this would occur in a city where there just so happens to be a lab working on this type of thing...
(04-15-2020, 06:55 PM)Syncro Wrote:
(04-15-2020, 06:44 PM)3rdgensooner Wrote: It's possible but more likely the wet markets.

Why do you believe that?

From the beginning it has seemed far more likely this was something that got out of the lab...

The odds are astronomical that this would occur in a city where there just so happens to be a lab working on this type of thing...
From the beginning it has shown no indications of being in any way engineered at a lab and extremely unlikely. It just so happens the first SARS came out of the wet markets and the wet markets had the creatures it came from. So the odds aren't in any way astronomical. It is in fact extremely likely to almost certain. From a Journal called Nature Medicine March 17. 
Theories of SARS-CoV-2 origins

It is improbable that SARS-CoV-2 emerged through laboratory manipulation of a related SARS-CoV-like coronavirus. As noted above, the RBD of SARS-CoV-2 is optimized for binding to human ACE2 with an efficient solution different from those previously predicted7,11. Furthermore, if genetic manipulation had been performed, one of the several reverse-genetic systems available for betacoronaviruses would probably have been used19. However, the genetic data irrefutably show that SARS-CoV-2 is not derived from any previously used virus backbone20. Instead, we propose two scenarios that can plausibly explain the origin of SARS-CoV-2: (i) natural selection in an animal host before zoonotic transfer; and (ii) natural selection in humans following zoonotic transfer. We also discuss whether selection during passage could have given rise to SARS-CoV-2.
(04-15-2020, 07:19 PM)3rdgensooner Wrote: From the beginning it has shown no indications of being in any way engineered at a lab and extremely unlikely.

I didn't suggest that it was engineered in a lab, I said "got out of a lab"

Consider the possibility that this was a naturally occurring virus that had been found by scientists, cultivated in a lab, then was transmitted outside the lab whether intentionally or not. It's not impossible that a virus can find a way out the doors, even accidentally.
As I posted that, Tucker Carlson is nailing this...I'll post the link when I find it.

The theory that this came from a lab is not some tinfoil hat *****. It's at least 50/50...
Didn't the Chinese accidentally release a virus in the past?
I should have used "escaped Wuhan Lab" rather than "originated".  I am aware that no evidence of engineering has been found. Like Syncro said, the Chinese have the virus under study and it's possible that they accidentally released it.
From a National Review article I read, it seems likely that the virus was brought into the Wuhan lab by bat researchers, who actually spelunked into remote caves to capture bats as vectors of God knows what-rabies, corona,etc-and took them back to the lab. Once there, the researchers were attacked and urinated on by the bats-they quarantined themselves after this happened. A researcher at the lab is suspected to be “patient zero”-she was attacked by a bat and while the ChiComs claim she is alive and well, no one has seen her for two months, despite media requests for her appearance. This research lab is only a mile or two from the wet market, so bats could have escaped from lab as well-but the key point is that infected bats were brought into the lab in Wuhan by scientists and ***** went sideways. I really doubt this virus was “engineered” in the lab, the bats just escaped or attacked the scientists.
(04-15-2020, 07:43 PM)stxbuck Wrote: From a National Review article I read, it seems likely that the virus was brought into the Wuhan lab by bat researchers, who actually spelunked into remote caves to capture bats as vectors of God knows what-rabies, corona,etc-and took them back to the lab. Once there, the researchers were attacked and urinated on by the bats-they quarantined themselves after this happened. A researcher at the lab is suspected to be “patient zero”-she was attacked by a bat and while the ChiComs claim she is alive and well, no one has seen her and n two months, despite media requests for her appearance. This research lab is only a mile or two from the wet market, so bats could have escaped from lab as well-but the key point is that it BFE Ted bats were brought into the lab in Wuhan by scientists and ***** went sideways. I really doubt this virus was “engineered” in the lab, the bats just escaped or attacked the scientists.

Crazy stuff.  

The world needs to stop buying Chinese goods until they abandon their totalitarian system.
(04-15-2020, 07:43 PM)K9Buck Wrote: Like Syncro said, the Chinese have the virus under study and it's possible that they accidentally released it.

I'm not saying it was released intentionally or on accident...I honestly don't know, but odds are 50/50 at best.

I do not believe this came directly from the wet market the Chinese officials are saying it did...Hell, the type of bat they're saying it came from doesn't live within hundreds of miles of Wuhan
It's interesting but the overall evidence doesn't fit with lab. I mean the virus itself. Usually there's an intermediary animal as well. But it is interesting. 
The sources of the information aren't identified and the reporters didn't see the primary evidence. 
The previous SARS outbreak was believed to come from wet markets. A lab would have to be pretty bad . And there is some reports this lab was less than ideal. But it makes more sense from a market because there is none of the precautions taken even in a poor lab and far more transmission opportunities. 
But again reading the article it is interesting. They'll need better evidence though.
How many people did China send to the United States after the virus surfaced, like 700k?  Nothing to see here.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

I have to believe that terrorist organizations are doing their best to figure out how they can create or obtain viruses for blackmail and attacks.  

The future of mankind is bleak.
(04-15-2020, 07:54 PM)Hightop77 Wrote: How many people did China send to the United States after the virus surfaced, like 700k?  Nothing to see here.

That relationship has to end.  Hell, half of them are probably spying or otherwise working to undermine us.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did the coronavirus come from the Wuhan lab? P1tchblack 2,952 81,623 04-17-2024, 05:35 PM
Last Post: dkeener67
  Wuhan in bed with Olentangy Schools Erhino 9 194 05-24-2023, 04:37 PM
Last Post: stxbuck
  Democratic New Jersey Sen. Bob Menendez under federal investigation: Sources P1tchblack 1 96 10-26-2022, 03:46 PM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  WHO chief allegedly believes Corona virus escaped Wuhan lab K9Buck 126 3,126 06-25-2022, 09:39 AM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  Interesting Wuhan lab development ScarletHayes 54 2,826 01-20-2022, 04:44 PM
Last Post: amlex
  FORMER CDC DIRECTOR SAYS VIRUS ORIGINATED IN WUHAN LAB computerbuck 136 26,434 08-05-2021, 10:40 AM
Last Post: Alabuckeye
  I found a cure for coronavirus I will make millions computerbuck 2 727 10-21-2020, 08:01 AM
Last Post: davebucknut
  Top expert claims Lockdown-free Sweden has beaten coronavirus epidemic computerbuck 3 1,143 09-23-2020, 09:42 PM
Last Post: Alabuckeye
  Zn2+ Inhibits Coronavirus and Arterivirus RNA Polymerase Activity computerbuck 12 2,612 08-13-2020, 11:04 AM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  Coronavirus - WHY EVERYONE IS WRONG, INCLUDING SELF PROCLAIMED LYME EXPERTS FROM OK computerbuck 13 1,992 07-13-2020, 09:54 AM
Last Post: 3rdgensooner