Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: Don't let the ugly in others destroy the beauty in you. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friday Night Music
We're staying in this evening, so I'm listening to some tunes. Starting out with Little River Band.

The America, and the American Military, that you once knew is gone.

There was that weird time period in rock/pop of a sort of no man's land.  Classic Rock waned, Disco was becoming played out, and you sort of had these acts like Al Stewart, Dr Hook, Quarter Flash, Gerry Rafferty, LRB, etc... Paul McCartney was singing tunes like A Little Luck, George Harrison had Blow Away and John Lennon had Woman, etc...   It was like 1979 through 1981.  A little 3 year run of light rock because the country had had enough of everything else for a while.  The LRB was practically the poster child of that era.
(01-11-2020, 12:24 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote: There was that weird time period in rock/pop of a sort of no man's land.  Classic Rock waned, Disco was becoming played out, and you sort of had these acts like Al Stewart, Dr Hook, Quarter Flash, LRB, etc... Paul McCartney was singing tunes like A Little Luck, George Harrison had Blow Away and John Lennon had Woman, etc...   It was like 1979 through 1981.  A little 3 year run of light rock because the country had had enough of everything else for a while.  The LRB was practically the poster child of that era.

I know people who have never heard of Little River Band but know their songs. My cousin being one. She always texts to ask me the name of the band that sings .

A one hit wonder from that era.
(01-11-2020, 12:34 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote:

A one hit wonder from that era.

I remember this tune.
(01-11-2020, 12:31 AM)lrrps21 Wrote: I know people who have never heard of Little River Band but know their songs. My cousin being one. She always texts to ask me the name of the band that sings .

Can't bring up LRB without Lonesome Loser.   Cool

When I was a 10--11 year old kid and I'd hear this on CKLW (800 AM), I just assumed this was a black man singing this song.  This reveal years later was a huge shocker to me.   I had heard of Dr Hook as a kid---as who can forget On the Cover of the Rolling Stone?  But I guess my brain just filed this song away as NOT Dr Hook.   Confused  This singer was not what I envisioned at all.

Sticking with that era.
(01-11-2020, 12:53 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote: When I was a 10--11 year old kid and I'd hear this on CKLW (800 AM), I just assumed this was a black man singing this song.  This reveal years later was a huge shocker to me.   I had heard of Dr Hook as a kid---as who can forget On the Cover of the Rolling Stone?  But I guess my brain just filed this song away as NOT Dr Hook.   Confused  This singer was not what I envisioned at all.

Well, we're big rock singers
We got golden fingers
And we're loved everywhere we go (that sounds like us)

Wild Cherry had the same affect.

Dancin' and singin' and movin' to the groovin'
And just when it hit me somebody turned around and shouted
Play that funky music white boy
(01-11-2020, 01:01 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote: Sticking with that era.

(01-11-2020, 01:01 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote: Sticking with that era.

Tail end.
All I can think about when I hear that Exile tune is Happy Gilmore when he trashes his girlfriend over the intercom and then grovels.  Rinse.  Repeat.   Big Grin

More from that era.  Still love this tune.  Read the lyrics.   Confused    [Image: emoji848.png]
(01-11-2020, 01:14 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote: All I can think about when I hear that Exile tune is Happy Gilmore when he trashes his girlfriend over the intercom and then grovels.  Rinse.  Repeat.   Big Grin

Big Grin Big Grin

I brought it up.  I might as well put it up.   Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Controversial Music ChinaBuck 15 86 Yesterday, 08:32 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Music Trivia! zigbee 3,741 271,918 Yesterday, 05:31 PM
Last Post: dkeener67
  What music streaming service do you use? maize 9 49 04-14-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: Blinky
  Late Night Round table on nut house. WHO is on late night? EST zigbee 23 324 04-13-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Friday Music That Doesn’t Suck Thread stxbuck 14 134 04-06-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Soupcity Kid
  Step away from overproduced music ChinaBuck 2 59 03-03-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  It's Friday. Have a drink. P1tchblack 675 27,994 03-01-2024, 04:24 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  I thought white, country, music, fans were all a bunch of racists K9Buck 29 473 02-23-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Blinky
  Music Analysis ChinaBuck 4 83 02-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: 3rdgensooner
  Favorite instrument to hear in music zigbee 15 173 02-11-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: stxbuck