Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: People do not care until they learn how much you do. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will it take to beat Clemson
I look back at our last 2 games and our secondary gave up some points and yardage through the air.

I get ichigan did it as we did not have Wade and they have some playmakers.  Shea is a thrower so he will get his yardage.

Wisky had some open guys and their qb completed some plays on us.

I do not like our 2 safety look.

This Lawrence from Clemson can throw the pill.

I think OSU may have an advantage O line over their D line but their backers and db's are good.

I think Fields hopefully will be healthy and run the read option which hopefully will open up JK.

Any thoughts??
These two teams are pretty evenly matched. Clemson hasnâ€t been tested this year, (except by NC) so maybe we have an advantage there when it comes to a tight game. But a lot of these guys did play last year and beat Bama badly. I really think itâ€s going to boil down to turnovers and mistakes.I know thatâ€s trite, But every possession will be important in this game
Quote:Hard times make hard men.
Hard men make easy times. 
Easy times make soft men. 
Soft men make hard times.
If we get a one-legged JF again like we had Saturday?  Will be a long night.  If we get a healthy JF I really like our chances.
The only way tOSU wins this game is if Dabo starts his and Herbstreits two sons. They suck enough to make a difference. Something tells me they get in the game once it's already been decided.

Clemson 45
tOSU 24
The America, and the American Military, that you once knew is gone.
(12-09-2019, 12:01 AM)lrrps21 Wrote: The only way tOSU wins this game is if Dabo starts his and Herbstreits two sons. They suck enough to make a difference. Something tells me they get in the game once it's already been decided.

Clemson 45
tOSU      24

This ainâ€t 2016.  There is no talent gap.
(12-09-2019, 01:21 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote:
(12-09-2019, 12:01 AM)lrrps21 Wrote: The only way tOSU wins this game is if Dabo starts his and Herbstreits two sons. They suck enough to make a difference. Something tells me they get in the game once it's already been decided.

Clemson 45
tOSU      24

This ainâ€t 2016.  There is no talent gap.

Life is about momentum - college football is a good example of this. Clemson is trending upwards, tOSU is trending downwards. I think tOSU peaked too soon. Bama did this last year. tOSU is closer to 2018 Bama than 2019 Clemson.

There is a reason Vegas has #2 tOSU as an underdog to #3 Clemson.
The America, and the American Military, that you once knew is gone.
Fast start, healthy Fields and win the turnover battle (have preferably none). Pretty simple really. I disagree that tOSU peaked too soon. They have had a gimpy leader on the field dor weeks. They proved that they can come back on a really good, motivated team on Saturday. They were lights out in the second half. They win going away if the above is what happens.
If Fields is not healthy enough to run and move like he is capable we have a chance. If he is not I see no way we win. I do like our coaching staff's ability to make adjustments and react to what the other team is doing. Lawrence is deadly accurate with the wr group he has and Etienne is among the top three or so running backs in the nation. I hope it is a close game late.
1 more point than Clemson.
Looks like Coach Hafley is going to take the BC job. I hope he stays with us until after the playoffs. Hate it that he is most likely going to leave but Coach Day has shown he is a very good at recognizing coaching talent.
(12-09-2019, 10:11 AM)jmesser1982 Wrote: Looks like Coach Hafley is going to take the BC job. I hope he stays with us until after the playoffs. Hate it that he is most likely going to leave but Coach Day has shown he is a very good at recognizing coaching talent.

That would suck a bunch. 

Interestingly, Clemson's co-offensive coordinator is reportedly leaving to be head coach at USF.
Clemson has a huge advantage with the weak schedule.
I expect Clemson to run formations and personal groupings that have yet to be seen on tape.

Pressure of the QB... TONS, GOBS, AND HEAPS OF IT.
Run Dobbins and Teague and keep running them.
No missed tackles.
(12-09-2019, 10:32 AM)BoyGenius Wrote: Clemson has a huge advantage with the weak schedule.
I expect Clemson to run formations and personal groupings that have yet to be seen on tape.

No missed tackles.

Coaches will have to watch plenty of 2018 tape.
A lot has to do with what level we play at. If we play with the same intensity as we did in the first half of the Wisconsin game, it will be a long night. If we play our Xichigan and PSU game, we'll have a W. Our biggest issue will be the LB's, their coverage, tackling, and watching TL and make sure he doesn't run.
Boobs are proof that men can concentrate on 2 things at the same time
(12-09-2019, 10:32 AM)BoyGenius Wrote: Clemson has a huge advantage with the weak schedule.

No missed tackles.

I kinda think we Can too....Day talked on Saturday , how the Whole Play-Book wasnt at his disposal
                    Because of how Dinged Up Fields was...Teague wasnt even close to being needed On
                    Saturday...But IMHO, your Right Keep Giving Dobbins and Teague the Ball and Run
                    Constantly...Neeeeed Trickery or some New plays when we have 1st and Goal....

against the 2nd and 2a(Pedo St/Wisky) Teams in the BIGTEN, Fields Fumbles Could of Cost Us..

The Thing we HAVE to do on "D"... Contain Their QB......I Like what Nevada said Yesterday about Our "Ds" ability against a Scrambling QB..

" Coan Ran circles around us and Pedo Sts. Big Slow Qb Just got another "First down"....Lawrence aint No Slouch Himself...

Big Task Ahead..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are the covid vaccines being used to beat cancer? maize 16 212 03-08-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: 3rdgensooner
  Clemson vs Ohio State 1-1-21 zigbee 240 25,810 11-13-2023, 09:53 PM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  Intervene against shop lifters. Get beat up. Lose your job. ScarletHayes 14 221 07-24-2023, 09:41 PM
Last Post: dkeener67
  Iowa Teenagers Beat Spanish Teacher to Death Because She Gave One of Them a Bad Grade P1tchblack 13 350 11-02-2022, 08:55 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  His friend didn't drink so he beat his ass! K9Buck 11 246 10-20-2022, 09:32 AM
Last Post: TcSoup
  Cubbies beat Pirates 21-0 Bonebuck 7 223 04-24-2022, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Syncro
  Gang of white thugs beat the **** out of a black girl over her hair K9Buck 50 1,114 04-21-2022, 04:04 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  Clemson player undercuts Duke player! Thoughts? unc4corners 34 988 02-14-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Beastdog
  Go Army, Beat Navy! Syncro 20 1,188 12-11-2021, 08:30 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  The N.C. State kicker just CHOKED on a routine FG that would have beat Clemson K9Buck 10 396 09-25-2021, 07:37 PM
Last Post: K9Buck