Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: Keep an open mind! Finding the truth means willingness to listen to many ideas. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9/11 Your thoughts of that fateful day
https://www.foxnews.com/media/september-...-bin-laden
Make America Honest Again
My thoughts are mostly disgust and anger about both our tepid response to the attack and what our government has done bringing hundreds of thousands of Muslims into America since then.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

My thoughts:  a bunch of terrorists taking over airplanes with box cutters would never happen again and shouldn't have happened that day.  Unfortunately, only one airplane had intelligent people who were willing to take action.

The fact that the TSA derived from 9/11 is just salt in the wound.
(09-11-2019, 08:38 AM)Hightop77 Wrote: My thoughts are mostly disgust and anger about both our tepid response to the attack and what our government has done bringing hundreds of thousands of Muslims into America since then.

Like anything else, my hunch is follow the money.  Euro elites probably swimming in it as well.  

Remember right after 9-11 the big concern was backlash?  Good grief.  We are the big, fat, nerdy kid with the swimming pool.  It's embarrassing.
(09-11-2019, 08:46 AM)P1tchblack Wrote:   Unfortunately, only one airplane had intelligent people who were willing to take action.

The people on the two planes that crashed into the WTC had no idea what was happening.  If they had, they would have fought too.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

(09-11-2019, 08:50 AM)Hightop77 Wrote:
(09-11-2019, 08:46 AM)P1tchblack Wrote:   Unfortunately, only one airplane had intelligent people who were willing to take action.

The people on the two planes that crashed into the WTC had no idea what was happening.  If they had, they would have fought too.

Maybe, but if a terrorist is holding an airplane at knife point, hopefully intelligent people wouldn't wait to see what's planned.
(09-11-2019, 08:53 AM)P1tchblack Wrote:

Maybe, but if a terrorist is holding an airplane at knife point, hopefully intelligent people wouldn't wait to see what's planned.

It's got nothing to do with intelligence.  Most hi jacks up to that time resulted in the plane landing safely someplace so why commit suicide if you think the plane is just being diverted?

I think the only way I would sit like a mouse is if I knew it was an actual hijacking (rerouting of the flight to a different destination).  How I would actually know that?  Beats me.  If a few clowns want with box cutters or even guns try pulling something like that off again?  If you're a passenger, what do you as a group have to lose by rushing them?  Beat them to a ####### pulp.  If you're gonna crash this plane it's gonna be into some Jiffy Lube in Piscataway, NOT the Washington Monument.
(09-11-2019, 09:00 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote:

I think the only way I would sit like a mouse is if I knew it was an actual hijacking (rerouting of the flight to a different destination).  How I would actually know that?  Beats me.  If a few clowns want with box cutters or even guns try pulling something like that off again?  If you're a passenger, what do you as a group have to lose by rushing them?  Beat them to a ####### pulp.  If you're gonna crash this plan it's gonna be into some Jiffy Lube in Piscataway, NOT the Washington Monument.

That's the thing.  They only had freaking box cutters.  Not even guns.  IF they had guns, maybe you're more likely to sit quietly and hope for the best. Box cutters?  They're getting rushed and beat to within inches of their lives.  I'm not waiting to find out their intentions.
^^^Either way... it never happens again, so we should get rid of the TSA^^^^
(09-11-2019, 09:07 AM)P1tchblack Wrote: That's the thing.  They only had freaking box cutters.  Not even guns.  IF they had guns, maybe you're more likely to sit quietly and hope for the best. Box cutters?  They're getting rushed and beat to within inches of their lives.

If you know that the plane is gonna be crashed into something, gun or not, you might as well rush em.  That said, part of me would be anchored into my seat with my normalcy bias RAGING, but once I KNEW what was going on, you might as well go for it.

Let me add this:  Guns are obviously almost impossible to get onto a plane now, but even if they got them on I'm betting a terrorist hell bent on flying into the White House isn't firing a gun and risking that plane going down before reaching his target. 

Re: this line of discussion, kudos to those guys that did in fact rush those clowns over Pennsylvania.  Talk is cheap.  Those people acted.  Color me damn impressed.
Still pisses me off. Screw Islam
Quote:Hard times make hard men.
Hard men make easy times. 
Easy times make soft men. 
Soft men make hard times.
My thoughts......it's been more 'real' this year than recent years. Not quite sure why. I was thinking about it this morning and I believe 9/11/2001 was the last time that America was truly united. People set aside, briefly, political differences and stood together in common cause. I know that was quickly gone and Democrats quickly rushed to blame bush for not reading daily briefings so that he could have stopped this.....but for a brief moment we were all on the same side.
I just hope that we as a country never forgets, but I'm afraid my hope is just that looking at the way we are currently going. Never did I ever dream that we would have Muslims or people who don't subscribe to American values in our own government helping to make laws.
Boobs are proof that men can concentrate on 2 things at the same time
My immediate thought- “This is some Tom Clancy *****”-one of his books, Debt of Honor ended w/ the exact same scenario.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Larry Hogan. Thoughts? zigbee 13 224 03-21-2024, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Alabuckeye
  Looking for thoughts on this P1tchblack 3 117 10-25-2023, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Alabuckeye
  Deep Thoughts by Donald Trump P1tchblack 30 458 09-28-2023, 02:19 PM
Last Post: dunefan
  Deep Thoughts by Pitch ChinaBuck 9 223 09-28-2023, 02:01 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  Looking to buy a Jeep. Thoughts? unc4corners 20 343 09-23-2023, 03:57 PM
Last Post: davebucknut
  Leaving Afghanistan. Thoughts? Soupcity Kid 797 49,486 12-09-2022, 08:44 AM
Last Post: maize
  Thoughts and prayers appreciated TakeThePoints 13 380 08-04-2022, 12:28 PM
Last Post: Dzone1
  Thoughts on Luke chp 1:26-38? Orbit1 70 5,571 07-25-2022, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Blinky
  Clemson player undercuts Duke player! Thoughts? unc4corners 34 986 02-14-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Beastdog
  One person's thoughts on Tuckers and Fox P1tchblack 86 3,741 01-25-2022, 10:38 AM
Last Post: zigbee