Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: Keep an open mind! Finding the truth means willingness to listen to many ideas. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things are not looking as rosey for 2nd term.
Trump would probably be done in by a recession, but even without that, I have a funny feeling he will not be able to overcome the racial attacks.

Juan argues, and I tend to agree, although privately suburbans can hold their nose and privately vote Trump, publicly backing hime with events and corporate money will bring backlash. 

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/...e-it-hurts
In other words, they've finally found a lie that may have legs.
Trump's problem is Trump. He throws gasoline onto our political divisions on purpose. He uses racism as a political tactic. I think it's because he is a racist, but you can be cynical if you want and just say he is using it shrewdly in order to whip up support among his racist base. He is shrewd. He's also stupid. He hasn't adapted to win a very different election.

Trump won the benefit of the doubt argument the first time around, in just enough places to get elected, surprising everyone including himself.

This time everybody knows who Trump is. He can only get reelected if people like what he is, not because they gave him the benefit of the doubt. Most people in those same places do not like what he is.
(08-19-2019, 11:11 AM)JamesWright Wrote: Trump's problem is Trump. He throws gasoline onto our political divisions on purpose. He uses racism as a political tactic. I think it's because he is a racist, but you can be cynical if you want and just say he is using it shrewdly in order to whip up support among his racist base. He is shrewd. He's also stupid. He hasn't adapted to win a very different election.

Trump won the benefit of the doubt argument the first time around, in just enough places to get elected, surprising everyone including himself.

This time everybody knows who Trump is. He can only get reelected if people like what he is, not because they gave him the benefit of the doubt. Most people in those same places do not like what he is.
And again the irony meter is just vaporized.
(08-19-2019, 11:13 AM)3rdgensooner Wrote:
(08-19-2019, 11:11 AM)JamesWright Wrote: Trump's problem is Trump. He throws gasoline onto our political divisions on purpose. He uses racism as a political tactic. I think it's because he is a racist, but you can be cynical if you want and just say he is using it shrewdly in order to whip up support among his racist base. He is shrewd. He's also stupid. He hasn't adapted to win a very different election.

And again the irony meter is just vaporized.
it's amazing at how capable he is of resetting the bar without realizing it.
Can't argue so insult? I get it. That's why I spend so little time over here.
(08-19-2019, 11:13 AM)3rdgensooner Wrote: And again the irony meter is just vaporized.

I actually love when he posts his drivel. Dude doesn't have a damn clue how backwards he really is, but no doubt he'll always believe he's the smartest guy in the room
(08-19-2019, 11:18 AM)JamesWright Wrote: Can't argue so insult? I get it. That's why I spend so little time over here.

I've tried to discuss with you and other liberals.  There is no discussion.  There is only hit and run comments.

Trump didn't ramp up anything racial.  Mr Obama did a fine job of that in his 8 years as CiC.  Mr Trump's worst 'sin' in this regard is that he is a blowhard bull in a china shop who has no ability to speak with clarity, thus giving credence to some who wish to use his wording to their own ends.

Trump- "We need to control ILLEGAL immigration".  Democrats/media "Trump hates brown people"
Trump- "We need to carefully vet people coming from 8 countries because their own countries aren't vetting them and they pose a danger to us".....Democrats/media "Trump is a racist".

You really can't make this stuff up.....and I end up defending a guy I didn't vote for.
(08-19-2019, 11:18 AM)JamesWright Wrote: Can't argue so insult? I get it. That's why I spend so little time over here.
Who insulted you?
List it and I'll address it as I won't tolerate insults unless it's between both of equal nature.
Now, can you explain how Trump is a racist?

Also, please continue to post as you are welcome here.
Make America Honest Again
Quote:He uses racism as a political tactic

This is where the face palm emoticon comes in handy...

[Image: facepalm.gif]
The America, and the American Military, that you once knew is gone.
(08-19-2019, 11:24 AM)lrrps21 Wrote:
Quote:He uses racism as a political tactic

This is where the face palm emoticon comes in handy...

[Image: facepalm.gif]
I know. He doesn't even get the irony comment. The left uses race as a political cudgel constantly. I'm amazed when they go for more than two sentences without crying racism. They've made Islam about race. Criticize Islam and it's racist. A religion.  The sentence you quoted and face palmed almost defies belief coming from the left.
Juan Williams has lost his mind:

This reaction against Trump is likely fueled not only by his demonization of immigrants and nonwhite people, but by his constant bullying and name-calling.
If you are not a regular reader of Trumpâ€s Twitter feed, you may have been perplexed by the insinuation that the Clintons were somehow involved in the jail-cell suicide of billionaire pedophile Jeffrey Epstein.
You may also be shocked to learn that the president has no problem telling Israelâ€s prime minister to block his political opponents in Congress from visiting Israel.
You may also be appalled to learn that he believes people with mental illness are to be blamed for mass shootings. And that there is no reason to worry about trade wars damaging the economy.
No American president has ever stooped this low. Thatâ€s why the time has come for Democrats to find new strategies to shake Trumpâ€s trance-like hold on the Republican Party and a third of voters.

As someone who is relatively new here, it seems very clear that you spend so little time here because you can't coherently and honestly debate anything on the merits.
Demonizing law breakers due to them entering the nation illegally?  This holds wages low for minorities and creates huge spending by the government for services.
The clinton scandal is way overblown.   Sensitive, Juan?
The Tlaib and Omar use of a grandmother for political gain and wanting to boycott Israel is going to result in conservatives calling them out and flat out saying don't let them in the nation.
If Trump had said these things.....would he get preferential treatment from the media? Or would he be criticized for spurring hatred toward brown people?

June 17, 2006
"In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking."

Jan. 31, 2007
"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."

July 2019
“We should challenge students in these schools,” Mr. Biden said. “We have this notion that somehow if youâ€re poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Things you do that destroy the environment ChinaBuck 17 135 04-08-2024, 12:30 PM
Last Post: TroyKidd
  Looking back to 2020, what were some of the dumbest things/events that happened? maize 28 261 03-27-2024, 02:05 AM
Last Post: maize
  I think I'm going to start a thread about things that defy imagination ChinaBuck 2 49 03-23-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: TakeThePoints
  Term limits zigbee 33 531 03-20-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Beastdog
  Things that never happened K9Buck 20 294 01-22-2024, 01:36 PM
Last Post: 3rdgensooner
  Carnak asks what do these three things have in common? ChinaBuck 7 129 12-24-2023, 10:52 AM
  Is “plus size” new term for lard ass? zigbee 6 135 12-19-2023, 10:14 PM
Last Post: Blinky
  Impact of long term space habitation and an Arizonan Super Lib ChinaBuck 2 95 12-12-2023, 11:43 AM
Last Post: TroyKidd
  Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse... davebucknut 1 83 10-20-2023, 06:43 AM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Did Deion really say such things? K9Buck 12 218 10-19-2023, 09:02 PM