Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A positive outlook is what leads to positive results.

WELCOME new member AMaizawing (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
China
Foxconn wants out 

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/08/0...ina-plant/

MAGA

The best thing about Trump is taking on China on trade. F them. Could care less if we cut off our US market from them. Raise the tariffs
Only one guy , one guy only , Trump , would protect the US from the pirates over all other candidates. Not McCain , not Glove not Hillary would stand up to China. Obama was too lazy and thought manufacturing in the US was dead
The reality is that we shouldn't trade with China nor should any western democracy.
(08-03-2019, 09:15 PM)K9Buck Wrote: The reality is that we shouldn't trade with China nor should any western democracy.

Bingo! 

We sold our soul when Nixon took us down this road.  They tried to tell us that doing business with them would open them up to more freedom.  Ok, maybe it has a wee little, but when you have to put nets outside your factory windows so people can't successfully commit suicide?  Beijing, we have a problem.  

Free trade with human rights hell holes?  Are our cheap cell phones really worth it?
(08-03-2019, 09:20 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote:
(08-03-2019, 09:15 PM)K9Buck Wrote: The reality is that we shouldn't trade with China nor should any western democracy.

Bingo! 

We sold our soul when Nixon took us down this road.  They tried to tell us that doing business with them would open them up to more freedom.  Ok, maybe it has a wee little, but when you have to put nets outside your factory windows so people can't successfully commit suicide?  Beijing, we have a problem.  

Free trade with human rights hell holes?  Are our cheap cell phones really worth it?
But at least they are helping significantly in climate control.
You rang?
"Don't, I say don't bother me dog, can't ya see I'm thinkin'?"   Foghorn Leghorn
(08-04-2019, 09:44 AM)ChinaBuck Wrote: You rang?
Give us your perspective of the China/US Trump trade negotiations.
Are there massive manufacturing centers all over China?  I got a bobblehead at a baseball game 2 weeks ago...made in China.  Just looked at the bottom of my Reds Coffee Mug I bought in Arizona during spring training...made in China.
Make America Honest Again
In the afternoon of Asian trading hours, onshore trade of the Chinese yuan changed hands at 7.0304 against the dollar, while the offshore yuan traded at 7.0807 against the greenback.
The sharp weakening in the Chinese currency came after U.S. President Donald Trump unexpectedly announced fresh tariffs on Beijing last week that are set to take effect on Sept. 1.
“I think this is clearly a retaliation that in the past China has refrained from doing,” Claudio Piron of Bank of America Merrill Lynch Global Research told CNBC on Monday.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/05/chinese-...rmoil.html

They debased their currency to offset the tariffs, so they get fewer dollars and the US government collects taxes that otherwise would have been theirs.
(08-04-2019, 10:33 AM)zigbee Wrote:
Are there massive manufacturing centers all over China?  I got a bobblehead at a baseball game 2 weeks ago...made in China.  Just looked at the bottom of my Reds Coffee Mug I bought in Arizona during spring training...made in China.
I'm in the service biz, not the manufacturing biz, but I have certainly heard rumblings among colleagues that are seeing more of a shift in the economy. Home prices are not escalating as fast, thus it's effecting the developers in terms of the products they are doing. It's been a couple of years going, but there is certainly a move away from standard residential and retail as the be all and end all. So, developers are turning to civic, institutional and specialized residential (senior living). While this keeps my market stable (healthcare, senior living), it has certainly brought about a lot more competition for me. That has depressed fees that we can get. It's amazing how many people who have entered the healthcare market that know nothing about it. But they know somebody important, (guanxi) and that gets them jobs. I've gotten a couple of jobs just to fix other dunderheads' mistakes. In fact, just today, I finished writing a report on a hospital plan by somebody else.
"Don't, I say don't bother me dog, can't ya see I'm thinkin'?"   Foghorn Leghorn
(08-04-2019, 10:33 AM)zigbee Wrote:
And another thing...a friend of mine with another company has picked up a recent job due to a manufacturer moving from China to Vietnam. He signed an NDA, so he can't tell me what company it is. 

But, there have been some offsets as well. China for the last few years has been wanting their citizens to buy local, not foreign. With Huawei being the obvious example over Apple. 

But another thing they wanted was for Chinese companies to get their products more out into the global marketplace. Haier and Huawei as examples. This has been set back. And it's not just in the US. Some of their car companies (and there are many) are still trying to get into the US market though despite the tariffs since dealing cars is a very long term effort.
Vietnam is going to explode soon. A good friend teaches English there. He taught in China and Cambodia. He has an Engineering degree from VT. He saved his coin and left the US in 2007. Had enough. He's doing quite well, too.

I have tshirts purchased at at West Point with 'made in Vietnam' tags.
DC is a symptom, not the cause. The cause is basic voter stupidity and economic ignorance.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US DoE/Granholm invite China/Russia to tour nuke sites Syncro 1 73 11-09-2023, 02:09 PM
Last Post: maize
  McConnell issues urgent warning on Iran, Russia and China ChinaBuck 10 184 10-22-2023, 10:41 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
Video Video of China-Joe kicking his dog K9Buck 5 142 10-06-2023, 07:31 PM
  Pope Francis rebukes 'irresponsible' US on climate change compared to China maize 17 292 10-04-2023, 10:01 PM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  China Using US Influencers? ChinaBuck 0 65 09-24-2023, 06:25 AM
  China Claims parts of Russia and India TroyKidd 5 108 09-01-2023, 06:47 PM
  War with China (hysteria?) K9Buck 14 247 08-10-2023, 01:32 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  Did China Joe forget he's "China Joe"? P1tchblack 8 181 08-09-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: davebucknut
  Interesting video on China's (sinking?) artificial islands K9Buck 5 112 07-18-2023, 12:59 PM
Last Post: stxbuck
  China update...rat heads in your food. TakeThePoints 1 70 06-23-2023, 12:54 AM