Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: Your life doesn't get better by chance. It gets better by change. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need more students like this young man learning masonry
This local vocational school is turning out young people with skills in a trade that will earn them a good living.

https://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.com/ne...the-nation
Make America Honest Again
(07-21-2019, 10:31 AM)zigbee Wrote: This local vocational school is turning out young people with skills in a trade that will earn them a good living.

You mean studying/learning something with real world applications pays off better than a person majoring in Indigenous Midget Lesbian Studies?  

In all seriousness, this is a good sign.  Gives me hope that people are starting to see the light and trending back toward reality.  I wish this was pushed more when i was a kid.  College was being pushed like some sort of religion when I was a kid.
Great story...
This is not the school I work in, but it is in the county I live in.  We have many good kids in our school in the county north of where I live as well but we don't offer this course.  I think it's a good one.   That young man is going to be a winner in life and we need more like him.

FWIW, I encourage the trades as much as possible.  College degrees are so overrated and so expensive it's unreal.  Now, that being said 2 or my 3 sons have degrees and are doing very well in life but they work in fields which are offering pretty good jobs. The other son has certification in an area of home inspection and he's doing very well.
We drove out to the farmer's market we like today. (Among other things, they have 12 limes for a buck.) We drive through a neighborhood of older homes built ca. 1960, mostly brick ranch style, 3-4 bedrooms. Nearly everyone had 3-4-5 pickup trucks parked outside, work trucks. The area is primarily Mexicans and Asians, and they dominate the local construction trades. I imagine many are "undocumented". They kick A when doing construction though.

Not many "real" Americans would keep up with them. We're usually the only white folks in the store. We had lunch nearby at a Korean place that was quite good, again, only white folks there. I like bibimbop dolsat.

The market has a line of cabs outside every time. The women can't get DLs here, so the store provides free cabs. Their fish section has some weird fish. They also sell testicles and one freezer seection had pig uteruses.

They have some really weird fruit we've never tried.
(07-21-2019, 11:35 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote:
(07-21-2019, 10:31 AM)zigbee Wrote: This local vocational school is turning out young people with skills in a trade that will earn them a good living.

You mean studying/learning something with real world applications pays off better than a person majoring in Indigenous Midget Lesbian Studies?  

In all seriousness, this is a good sign.  Gives me hope that people are starting to see the light and trending back toward reality.  I wish this was pushed more when i was a kid.  College was being pushed like some sort of religion when I was a kid.

Indigenous Midget Lesbian

[Image: giphy.gif]
When we tutored at the local Community College I often sent students across the street to the Vocational School to learn a trade. Several took the advise and are gainfully employed.

I was asked to instruct math courses at the Vocational School. I'm considering it.
DC is a symptom, not the cause. The cause is basic voter stupidity and economic ignorance.
(07-21-2019, 05:21 PM)lrrps21 Wrote: When we tutored at the local Community College I often sent students across the street to the Vocational School to learn a trade. Several took the advise and are gainfully employed.

I was asked to instruct math courses at the Vocational School. I'm considering it.
You should do it.  Math is maybe the toughest subject to teach and it's hard to find good instructors to make it interesting.   It's logic and kids just at that age don't think logically.  If you do take it keep us up to date on how you like it and what you learn as you complete your work with your students.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vince Young, former Texas QB goes DOWN with sucker punch in bar zigbee 0 31 03-26-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  Craziest story of this young year. ScarletHayes 4 84 01-24-2024, 07:13 AM
Last Post: dunefan
  Young woman complains because she struggles being on time. ChinaBuck 0 73 07-17-2023, 06:05 AM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  The fad of rotting in bed by young people zigbee 8 200 07-10-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: TroyKidd
  Ohio man executes his 3 young sons K9Buck 14 295 06-24-2023, 11:10 PM
Last Post: osurox
  Michigan St prof forced students to pay $99 to join left wing group to be in class zigbee 2 118 05-23-2023, 06:24 AM
Last Post: dunefan
  DeSantis makes it law that students can pray at school sporting events K9Buck 8 181 05-22-2023, 08:10 AM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  Warning to LSU students about, I don't know... Something P1tchblack 28 654 04-29-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: Sanitarian2
  This alleged "teacher" loves sharing her sexuality with her students K9Buck 37 533 04-21-2023, 01:41 AM
  What media did you and your family consume when you were young? ChinaBuck 22 359 02-15-2023, 08:25 PM