Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: Keep an open mind! Finding the truth means willingness to listen to many ideas. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Pro-life" (kind of) Republicans
RAND PAUL: REPUBLICAN LEADERS ARE FAKE 'PRO-LIFE,' REFUSE TO DEFUND PLANNED PARENTHOOD

Kentucky Senator Rand Paul accused Republicans of being fake "pro-life" supporters, instead saying they'd rather spend money with Democrats than protect unborn babies' lives.

The libertarian-leaning physician and senator drew gasps from the largely evangelical Christian audience last week as he relayed to Faith & Freedom Coalition conference-goers how many seemingly anti-abortion Republicans are in fact political frauds. Senator Paul said there are Republicans "that are more concerned with spending money than protecting the unborn." Speaking one day after President Donald Trump touted anti-abortion measures at the conference, Paul told "Road to Majority" attendees Thursday many Republicans only pay "lip service to pro-life" backers.

"I will tell you that we still lose in the legislation," Paul said Thursday. "Sometimes we lose because the people who come to you and give you lip service and say, 'Oh I'm pro-life, I'm pro-life,' and then they don't seem to vote that way."
"I'll give you an example," Paul continued. "Last year, I tried to attach to a spending bill a prohibition to have any money spent by Planned Parenthood. You know what happened? [GOP leadership] sat me down and one of the senior Republican senators said, 'We cannot have the vote today.' I said 'why?' He said 'we might win.'"

Shocked audience members could be heard gasping in disbelief at Paul's anecdote, before he added that the senior Republican senator in the room simply smiled at him when asked if getting Democrat support was more important than unborn children's lives. Last August, Paul's Senate office s-amendment-defund-planned-parenthood" target="_blank" rel="noopener" class="mycode_url">issued a statement about Republicans blocking his amendment to "Defund Planned Parenthood."

more:

https://www.newsweek.com/rand-paul-fake-...on-1447404
Boom-this is being a real libertarian!
I really like Rand Paul
I also like Paul. He's genuine.
Paul is spot on 100% right.  Republican party is a shoddy joke of what it SAYS it represents.  Bunch of phonies.  I won't give a dime to the party because of what Paul said here.
Make America Honest Again
He really really really annoyed me when I lived next door.
(07-05-2019, 01:44 PM)cincydawg Wrote: He really really really annoyed me when I lived next door.
Cool
(07-05-2019, 01:44 PM)cincydawg Wrote: He really really really annoyed me when I lived next door.

You always struck me as the violent type.
I voted for Rand Paul for president in'16. Always liked the guy.
(07-05-2019, 07:14 PM)jmesser1982 Wrote: I voted for Rand Paul for president in'16. Always liked the guy.
I'd vote for him but like Trump he won't get anything done unless the party he represents backs him.  Doesn't seem they do.
Make America Honest Again
(07-05-2019, 10:22 AM)stxbuck Wrote: Boom-this is being a real libertarian!

Exactly.   Actually being alive is sort of integral to the whole liberty/pursuit of happiness thing
(07-05-2019, 07:14 PM)jmesser1982 Wrote: I voted for Rand Paul for president in'16. Always liked the guy.
Do you mean in the GOP primary? I did as well, even though he had dropped out by the time Ohio rolled around.
(07-05-2019, 11:57 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote:
(07-05-2019, 10:22 AM)stxbuck Wrote: Boom-this is being a real libertarian!

Exactly.   Actually being alive is sort of integral to the whole liberty/pursuit of happiness thing
Iâ€ve always felt it should be a state issue, without a dime of taxpayer funding on any level.
Bingo.   These pro "choice" people slay me.  It's all about me and my choice.  Ok, what about the taxpayer's choice?  PP should not get a dime of taxpayer money.  Murder your kid on your own dime.  Of course that's another topic (taking of a life), but in the context of this discussion PP shouldn't get a penny of our tax dollars.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Of course, it's all the republicans fault. Smoothmflikethat 1 57 02-11-2024, 06:55 AM
Last Post: zigbee
  "What kind of crack do you normally smoke Mr. Biden?" K9Buck 5 110 01-11-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: stxbuck
  The life of the party downing fireball shots zigbee 10 135 12-22-2023, 06:44 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  This clown couldn't handle one day in the life of Trump ScarletHayes 3 113 11-01-2023, 12:09 PM
Last Post: maize
  Leftists are claiming that Ohio Republicans want to ban contraceptives K9Buck 84 1,227 08-23-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Sanitarian2
  Is this "life"? P1tchblack 6 97 06-15-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Alabuckeye
  Life in danger, need to go to the ER? ScarletHayes 2 117 06-03-2023, 03:46 PM
Last Post: maize
  Obama commuted his life sentence and now he just shot someone in their head K9Buck 1 102 05-20-2023, 01:25 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  Life just isn't fair P1tchblack 2 105 03-08-2023, 12:17 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  Republicans WILL take the house zigbee 240 5,747 02-20-2023, 01:14 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack