Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: People do not care until they learn how much you do. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Intentional balk worked
First I've ever seen this.  Wild pitch or inadvertent balk and runner comes home.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/dodgers-k...icago-cubs
Make America Honest Again
Interesting. Is stealing signs considered to be somehow unfair?
(06-17-2019, 02:09 PM)cincydawg Wrote: Interesting.  Is stealing signs considered to be somehow unfair?

It shouldn't as stealing bases is fine.
The America, and the American Military, that you once knew is gone.
(06-17-2019, 02:09 PM)cincydawg Wrote: Interesting.  Is stealing signs considered to be somehow unfair?

It's "frowned upon"...

It's baseball. It's accepted.
I can recall stealing signs in our old man's league at times. Some batters didn't want to know.

The opponents usually used a pretty simple indicator system and it was easy to break.
zigbee Wrote:First I've ever seen this.  Wild pitch or inadvertent balk and runner comes home.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/dodgers-k...icago-cubs
They should have declined the penalty.  Cool
DANGEROUS WHEN PROVOKED
I was wondering if a balk can be declined. I don't think it can.
I thought it interesting.   I'd never heard of an intentional balk. 

Dodgers admit stealing signs goes on.  They just outsmarted the Cubs and our boy Joe Maddon.
I view sign stealing as part of the game.

Of course, making signage so complex you cross up the catcher can be problematic as well. I've done that a few times.
cincydawg Wrote:I was wondering if a balk can be declined.  I don't think it can.
It can't, Mr. Spock.  Vulcans never did get sarcasm.  Rolleyes
DANGEROUS WHEN PROVOKED
The "unwritten rules" are ridiculous, really.

Write them down, or stfu already.
(06-17-2019, 07:21 PM)Brutus Buckeye Wrote: The "unwritten rules" are ridiculous, really.

Write them down, or stfu already.
Its the same with a HR and the batter watching it sail out.   The UNWRITTEN RULE?   Hit the guy next time up.  IF the batter takes umbrage and charges the mound you better be ready to fight or you'll get your ass kicked.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Was the Poor Withdrawal from Afghanistan Intentional? ChinaBuck 7 206 05-06-2023, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Syncro
  All of it intentional. All according to plan. ScarletHayes 19 347 10-07-2022, 05:42 PM
Last Post: stxbuck
  It's intentional, and it's about damn time someone says it ScarletHayes 41 831 05-22-2022, 06:05 PM
Last Post: davebucknut
  Bob Wall who worked with and trained with Bruce Lee passes TcSoup 2 276 02-01-2022, 04:44 PM
Last Post: davebucknut
  people donated money to get this guy straight and it worked zigbee 5 1,400 09-11-2020, 12:53 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  Apparently Ukraine Joe worked with the WB when he was VP ScarletHayes 43 3,570 10-11-2019, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Alabuckeye
  Dem Rep from Illinois: Illegal immigrant child deaths while in custody intentional zigbee 1 284 05-22-2019, 01:11 PM
Last Post: lrrps21