Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: People do not care until they learn how much you do. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Syncro$400 Million per year just isn't enough
Lionel Messi heading to the MLS and the Miami ball club rather than take $1.2 Billion over 3 years to play in Saudi Arabia.

In return he took a share of his Adidas jersey sales (if you've watched Air recently you understand this angle), an undisclosed share of AppleTV MLS revenue, and an option to buy shares of club when he retires.

Neither is a bad choice, but what a decision to make!
Wow this is cool, I'll go see Messi in Miami! Maybe we can have a big nut house meet up and watch a game.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/lionel-me...ami-in-mls
Wow, I had no idea a soccer player could make nearly as much as an architect! Well, OK, if you take off 3 or 4 zeroes.

This deal is great for MLS and the American game.
"Don't, I say don't bother me dog, can't ya see I'm thinkin'?"   Foghorn Leghorn
Quote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
As shockingly high $400M is to all of us, it pales in comparison to the value of the stock options earned annually by Musk, Bezos or Arnault.
"Don't, I say don't bother me dog, can't ya see I'm thinkin'?"   Foghorn Leghorn
(06-07-2023, 07:44 PM)ChinaBuck Wrote: As shockingly high $400M is to all of us, it pales in comparison to the value of the stock options earned annually by Musk, Bezos or Arnault.

If you earned 5k per day since the founding of the United States, you'd still have less than Bezos.
[Image: shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgQ7FO4HCAJlAQOrnOk...I&usqp=CAc][Image: shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVy8lZOIYPiAc1aIodn...u&usqp=CAc]vs
(06-07-2023, 09:36 PM)stxbuck Wrote: [Image: shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgQ7FO4HCAJlAQOrnOk...I&usqp=CAc][Image: shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVy8lZOIYPiAc1aIodn...u&usqp=CAc]vs

Wow, that girl is really cute! And the girl in the bikini isn't bad either.
(06-07-2023, 10:17 PM)ChinaBuck Wrote:
(06-07-2023, 09:36 PM)stxbuck Wrote: [Image: shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgQ7FO4HCAJlAQOrnOk...I&usqp=CAc][Image: shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVy8lZOIYPiAc1aIodn...u&usqp=CAc]vs

Wow, that girl is really cute! And the girl in the bikini isn't bad either.

You’re into the Ghost of Christmas Future?!?!
Well first I must apologize, I realize I might have misgendered both of these people. And secondly, despite my potentially grievous misrepresentation, how dare you impose and suppose I am attracted to your death cult fate!

Am I doing it right?
(06-07-2023, 10:57 PM)ChinaBuck Wrote: Well first I must apologize, I realize I might have misgendered both of these people. And secondly, despite my potentially grievous misrepresentation, how dare you impose and suppose I am attracted to your death cult fate!

Am I doing it right?

It’s June-the NH will ally with you in declaring yourself an ecto-sexual.
Trying to figure out Messi's net worth is a bit difficult but it appears to be near $1B already...generally believed that he's only behind Tiger Woods, Cristiano Ronaldo and Lebron James in terms of active athletes.

He wouldn't have gone wrong with either choice but if it were me I think I'd have taken the upshot coming to MLS and getting a rev share. If it totally flops (which it won't) he is still a very wealthy man.
Messi has legions of fans in the Miami area and the MLS has a lot of future upside.
A nice little retirement income from the retirement league. 

What is crazy is how valuable MLS franchises are. The closed league system is one of the reasons why. That said, as far as quality it is around 15th best league in the world. 

https://www.sportico.com/feature/worlds-...21285/amp/
T
The 18 clubs from the world’s 15th-rankedsoccer league based on on-field results outnumber the 17 total from the top three leagues—EPL, Bundesliga and LaLiga. Welcome to the mixed-up, upside-down world of soccer investing. 
The quality of the MLS has gotten much better in the last decade, but still a long way behind most other soccer leagues around the world.

The guy who owns the Portland Timbers has been a family friend for as long as I can remember...super nice guy but not much of a soccer brain. His father bought him the franchise as something for Merritt to do in the world. Pretty sweet gig if your parents have the funds!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  115K per year to undocumented city council member zigbee 6 56 04-15-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Hightop77
  Leaves behind one year old; 31 years old and 3 years on force dead in NY zigbee 30 279 03-30-2024, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Iowa Mels
  Let’s remember what’s really important on 31 March this year. ChinaBuck 0 40 03-15-2024, 08:12 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Would you do a 70 year old? TakeThePoints 35 526 02-22-2024, 12:30 PM
Last Post: 3rdgensooner
  MS Society fired 90 year old volunteer because she didn’t understand woke pronoun usa ChinaBuck 14 233 02-16-2024, 09:48 AM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  Lady stole 100 million from Army....keeps pension zigbee 19 306 01-30-2024, 07:52 PM
  Craziest story of this young year. ScarletHayes 4 90 01-24-2024, 07:13 AM
Last Post: dunefan
Tongue Ray Epps sentenced to one year probation K9Buck 87 1,101 01-10-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Alabuckeye
  Year end ZNH awards Alabuckeye 43 712 01-04-2024, 05:24 AM
  TWIP: Happy New Year Edition Iowa Mels 3 101 01-01-2024, 06:13 PM
Last Post: davebucknut