Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: People do not care until they learn how much you do. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mmmmmmm, KFC brings back great menu item
KFC 'doubles down' with return of fan-favorite menu item
Following a nearly 10-year hiatus, iconic Double Down Sandwich is returning to KFC menus for limited time

Fried chicken fans rejoice! KFC is resurrecting a fan-favorite menu item with no bun and a "cult following."
After a nearly 10-year hiatus, Yum Brands' KFC on Thursday announced the return of its iconic and fast-selling Double Down Sandwich. The bun-less sandwich features two slices of cheese, two pieces of crispy, hickory-smoked bacon, and mayo or spicy sauce sandwiched between two of KFC's "Extra Crispy" chicken filets.

A smash-hit sensation with fried-chicken foodies, the Double Down sold a mind-boggling 10 million sandwiches when it was first released in 2010. KFC brought it back for a limited time in April 2014, but the sandwich has been absent from KFC menus for about nine years.
[Image: kfc-double-down-sanwich.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]
Now it will return for a limited four-week run on Monday, March 6.

[Image: kfc-fried-chicken.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]

The Double Down is one of the most buzzworthy fast food menu items ever," said Nick Chavez, CMO, KFC U.S. "After nearly a decade of people begging for its return, we're embracing the chaos, bringing back our most iconic sandwich ever for just four weeks."

There's also good news for customers who like their sandwiches on a bun.

KFC is introducing a new, premium Bacon & Cheese Chicken Sandwich featuring "a double-breaded, Extra Crispyâ„¢, 100 percent white meat filet, a slice of cheese, two pieces of hickory-smoked bacon, the Colonel's real mayo and pickles on a freshly-toasted brioche bun," according to a news release.

"We realize leaving the buns behind isn't for everyone, so our newest Bacon & Cheese Chicken Sandwich was designed for those who are looking for the craveable taste of bacon and cheese added to the chicken sandwich perfected by the fried chicken experts," said Chavez.

These new additions come shortly after KFC removed several popular items in order to "simplify" its menu experience. The fast food chain promised "new, exciting additions to the menu in 2023" to compensate customers for the loss.

[Image: kfc-bacon-cheese-sandwich.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]

Too bad the colonel is long gone and misses this great item.
Make America Honest Again
I never enjoyed one of those, but I definitely will this go-around!   Cool
Job security.
That looks awesome! It'll be so popular that they'll never bring it back!
Anti-individualistic, the Fascist conception of life stresses the importance of the State and accepts the individual only in so far as his interests coincide with those of the State...

- Benito Mussolini
"Great" menu item

[Image: giphy.gif]

99% of the time I eat something I get/make for myself, it's going to be a sandwich.  Burger, chicken sandwich, slider, club, BLT etc.  Not having the bread on each side, IMO, makes "greatness" impossible at a fast food restaurant.
(03-02-2023, 11:43 AM)P1tchblack Wrote: "Great" menu item

99% of the time I eat something I get/make for myself, it's going to be a sandwich.  

Who taught you how to make a sandwich?!  

Tongue
Anti-individualistic, the Fascist conception of life stresses the importance of the State and accepts the individual only in so far as his interests coincide with those of the State...

- Benito Mussolini
I ate one of these back when they first came out. It was actually pretty good, but itâ€s hard for me to go to KFC when Chick Fil A exists… or Canes… or Popeyes.
Brought to you by the greatest of badazzes, the Colonel himself.

"Don't, I say don't bother me dog, can't ya see I'm thinkin'?"   Foghorn Leghorn
Iâ€ve eaten KFC 2 times in the last 20 years. Both times I waited in excess of 20mins for my food.

With that wait, I expect a medium rare ribeye with baked potato or a piping hot pizza

No longer GroupThink 'woke'.  but it was fun while it lasted.
(03-02-2023, 11:47 AM)K9Buck Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 11:43 AM)P1tchblack Wrote: "Great" menu item

99% of the time I eat something I get/make for myself, it's going to be a sandwich.  

Who taught you how to make a sandwich?!  

Tongue
Why? What did I say???
(03-02-2023, 11:59 AM)ChinaBuck Wrote: Brought to you by the greatest of badazzes, the Colonel himself.

Well, yes.  I saw his mighty fist blast the jaw of a man who berated his fish sandwich as a lad in Ironton, Ohio in an early eatery he had in a gas station.  Was scary and I ordered another quickly despite not liking mud streaked carp from the Ohio river.  The fries made it better.
Last week I just had a craving I caved in to. I got an original recipe 2 piece with biscuit and mashed potatoes. I loved original recipe as a kid. I havenâ€t had it in years. It was delicious. I cursed Zig though because I was sure it was him that caused my craving. Heâ€s a bad influence.
(03-02-2023, 02:35 PM)3rdgensooner Wrote: Last week I just had a craving I caved into. I got an original recipe 2 piece with biscuit and mashed potatoes. I loved original recipe as a kid. I havenâ€t had it in years. It was delicious. I cursed Zig though because I was sure it was him that caused my craving. Heâ€s a bad influence.

That is a FEAST.

Much better than the grilled cheese and tomato soup I had.....dang.   I'll say make that  a weekly feast.  Colonel approved.[Image: giphy.gif]
When this came out I told a guy I worked with that I'd buy him one if he'd eat it. He agreed. So I bought it and he took like two bites and didn't finish it. But he wouldn't pay me back after failing to live up to his end of the bargain. I was so mad
(03-02-2023, 05:53 PM)Blinky Wrote: When this came out I told a guy I worked with that I'd buy him one if he'd eat it. He agreed. So I bought it and he took like two bites and didn't finish it. But he wouldn't pay me back after failing to live up to his end of the bargain. I was so mad

[Image: giphy.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If my great, great grandfather died to free your great, great grandfather... K9Buck 10 661 04-18-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  TWIP:Building Bridges Back Better Edition Iowa Mels 2 32 03-31-2024, 05:55 PM
  Website is back zigbee 10 100 03-31-2024, 12:50 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  Looking back to 2020, what were some of the dumbest things/events that happened? maize 28 264 03-27-2024, 02:05 AM
Last Post: maize
  Can someone count this? I can't. Tabs are great! maize 3 57 03-17-2024, 04:44 AM
  ZNH Stands Alone as the only site to get through the Great Firewall ChinaBuck 6 121 03-09-2024, 08:34 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  From prison, to Rogan, then back to prison…a short story Syncro 11 159 03-09-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: stxbuck
  Meat’s back on the menu boys! ChinaBuck 4 110 02-20-2024, 10:10 PM
  I've Got a Time Machine and I'll take you back in time zigbee 414 32,261 02-18-2024, 06:38 PM
  Great read on Christian McCaffery TakeThePoints 0 42 02-11-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: TakeThePoints