Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A Big Bang led to star being born.

WELCOME new member AMaizawing (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mmmmmmmmmm......chicken and waffles in February......mmmmmmm
New York school, food vendor apologize for serving chicken and waffles on first day of Black History Month
The food vendor has agreed to take part in racial sensitivity training

[Image: chicken1.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]

A New York middle school is apologizing after serving students with a meal on the first day of Black History Month that was deemed to be culturally insensitive.

Administrators at Nyack Middle School say that the hot lunch menu was changed by the vendor without their knowledge on February 1st, the first day of Black History Month, to include chicken and waffles with a watermelon dessert which the schoolâ€s principal called an "unfortunate situation", The Journal News reported.

"We are extremely disappointed by this regrettable situation and apologize to the entire Nyack community for the cultural insensitivity displayed by our food service provider," Nyack Middle School Principal David Johnson said in a statement.

"I am disappointed that Aramark would serve items that differed from the published monthly menu. Especially items that reinforce negative stereotypes concerning the African-American Community."

Multiple families expressed outrage over the menu selection including parent Lindsay Siegel who told the outlet that it was "really disappointing" the change wasn't caught.

Aramark, the school districtâ€s food vendor, issued a statement on the matter on Thursday.

"While our menu was not intended as a cultural meal, we acknowledge that the timing was inappropriate, and our team should have been more thoughtful in its service," the Aramark statement said. "This was a mistake and does not represent the values of our company, and we are committed to doing better in the future."

Aramark also said that it will be partnering with the school to provide sensitivity training for employees who work at the school to make sure their actions align with the districtâ€s "vision and commitment to equity-driven work."

"We believe this will provide a good learning opportunity to deepen understanding on the impact of systemic biases and negative stereotypes concerning the African-American Community," the statement said.

Aramark has found itself in similar situations in years past including an incident in 2011 where UC California-Irvine, an Aramark client, was criticized for serving a "MLH Holiday Special" that featured chicken and waffles.

Fox News Digital reached out to Nyack Middle School and Aramark but did not immediately receive a response.
Make America Honest Again
When I was at tOSU they served fried chicken and watermelon jello in the commons on MLK Day!!!!
Chicken and waffles is highly underrated.
Cuz black people donâ€t like chicken and waffles. Actually nobody doesnâ€t like chicken and waffles. Loloâ€s baby. But you know, how insensitive. Next thing you know theyâ€ll serve spaghetti and meatballs on Columbus Day. The horror.
And just how exactly is chicken and waffles something that reinforces a negative stereotype? Itâ€s not a negative but a big GD plus like a lot of the other great tasty foods other ethnic groups have contributed to American cuisine.
I LOVE fried chicken, whipped potatoes, green beans and some gravy.....mmmmmmmmmmmm.....throw in some waffles with blueberries and I've got a wet dream meal.   Add DIET COKE to save on calories.

I'm celebrating in good fashion tomorrow some black cuisine in BBQ ribs cooked on Weber grill, beans, probably baked potato..........raw veggies for healthy meal balance.

Hopefully I'll celebrate Whimpy and Happy Days with some burgers and HOT deep fried potatoes this week.   Onions, cheese, pickles, mustard..........maybe a scooch of some high end mayo................mmmmmm............grilled on the weber ........Oh, and plenty of catsup and ketchup too.

I celebrated Jacques Cousteau [Image: MV5BZDYwYzQxZWUtMDRmYS00ZDc0LTlhYWUtMGIz...@._V1_.jpg] today with some pan fried ahi tuna and rice with corn and stewed tomatoes and crab cake made from scratch from crab I bought in town at locally owned at sea food shop...........high end crab with the chucks at about 40 per lb.
Make America Honest Again
How dare they serve things that black people like on one of their many, many holidays.
(02-04-2023, 11:23 PM)Blinky Wrote: How dare they serve things that black people like on one of their many, many holidays.

Juneteenth, Kwanza, MLK-I wouldnâ€t say 3 =many, many…….
(02-04-2023, 11:29 PM)stxbuck Wrote:
(02-04-2023, 11:23 PM)Blinky Wrote: How dare they serve things that black people like on one of their many, many holidays.

Juneteenth, Kwanza, MLK-I wouldnâ€t say 3 =many, many…….

You seem to have accidentally forgotten the entire month of February. I once worked with a black guy that complained that they got the shortest month. He wasn't grateful for getting an entire month, he was bitter because it was the shortest month. You can't make this stuff up. 

But seriously. This would be akin to someone complaining that they served Tacos on Cinco de Mayo.
Chicken and waffles.  I donâ€t get it...   at all.  Whatâ€s next, baloney and chocolate cake?  

I tried the combination at an IHOP one time and, according to chicken and waffle devotes, they didnâ€t do it right.  Youâ€re not supposed to use strips.  Youâ€re apparently supposed to use bone-in chicken.  Yeah, I was not impressed.  Maybe Iâ€ll give it another try at a place that knows how to serve it
(02-04-2023, 11:41 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote: Chicken and waffles.  I donâ€t get it...   at all.  Whatâ€s next, baloney and chocolate cake?  

I tried the combination at an IHOP one time and, according to chicken and waffle devotes, they didnâ€t do it right.  Youâ€re not supposed to use strips.  Youâ€re apparently supposed to use bone-in chicken.  Yeah, I was not impressed.  Maybe Iâ€ll give it another try at a place that knows how to serve it

Has anyone ever tried the world famous fried bologna sandwich in Waldo Ohio? I never did, despite driving by it a number of times. I was never a huge bologna fan, really. It's like a hot dog as a lunch meat. I'd rather just have a hot dog. 

Anyway. It's on US 23, just north of Columbus and Delaware. 

[Image: the-famous-bologna-sandwich.jpg]
I'm just getting tired of everything being racist. There are some things that are, and I realize that. But now, no matter what it is, they find a way to call it racist. It's getting to the poing that I don't care anymore.
(02-04-2023, 11:55 PM)sparky454 Wrote: I'm just getting tired of everything being racist. There are some things that are, and I realize that. But now, no matter what it is, they find a way to call it racist. It's getting to the poing that I don't care anymore.

You know, almost all of the toilets and urinals are white, that's got to be an example of white nationalist racism, wouldn't you agree?

Now in the early 70's, one of my aunts had an avocado green toilet. That must have been an example of racism toward space aliens I'm sure.
"Don't, I say don't bother me dog, can't ya see I'm thinkin'?"   Foghorn Leghorn

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looks like one chicken may have come home to roost ChinaBuck 43 715 09-11-2023, 09:42 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  Mmmmmmm...SPAM was introduced on this date in 1937!!! zigbee 14 176 07-05-2023, 08:26 PM
  Mmmmm....TODAY a special DAY for doughnuts!!mmmmmmm zigbee 33 2,527 06-04-2023, 11:19 AM
  Mmmmmmmmmm tomorrow is special day for sandwiches...grilled cheese day zigbee 2 88 04-12-2023, 09:01 AM
Last Post: lrrps21
  Mmmmmmm, KFC brings back great menu item zigbee 17 311 03-02-2023, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Bonebuck
  Is a chicken egg worth 30 cents? zigbee 71 1,603 02-07-2023, 07:38 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Chicago school district employee steals 11,000 cases of chicken wings Syncro 17 421 02-02-2023, 09:24 AM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Daily Mail reports CCP opened police station in NYC in February K9Buck 12 302 01-16-2023, 04:16 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  Imagine if they ran out of chicken ... Hightop77 4 173 12-15-2022, 04:09 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  MMMMMMmmmm, thanks White Castle for amazing grilled burgers for 100 years zigbee 39 563 10-26-2022, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Soupcity Kid