Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A Big Bang led to star being born.

WELCOME new member AMaizawing (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
K9BuckCybertruck may be an amazing machine, but it won't win any beauty contests
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Anti-individualistic, the Fascist conception of life stresses the importance of the State and accepts the individual only in so far as his interests coincide with those of the State...

- Benito Mussolini
Surely thatâ€s a prototype…..I thought the 90â€s ‘upside down bathtub†impalas were ugly. And the bread truck Nissanâ€s.

No longer GroupThink 'woke'.  but it was fun while it lasted.
(02-04-2023, 06:14 PM)Alabuckeye Wrote: Surely thatâ€s a prototype…..I thought the 90â€s ‘upside down bathtub†impalas were ugly. And the bread truck Nissanâ€s.

Nope, that is essentially what the final product will look like according to the comments Musk made a few days ago. The things that might still be adjusted include the side view mirrors, but the basic shape is set. 

With the exception of the bed sidewalls being angled, itâ€s set up like a standard pickup. This isnâ€t your fatherâ€s F150 pickup to be sure.
"Don't, I say don't bother me dog, can't ya see I'm thinkin'?"   Foghorn Leghorn
As CB says, thatâ€s pretty much the finished product

The first giga press is almost fully assembled in Austin.

These are absolutely hideous and I love em!
(02-04-2023, 08:05 PM)Syncro Wrote: As CB says, thatâ€s pretty much the finished product

The first gigs press is almost fully assembled in Austin.

These are absolutely hideous and I love em!

Hideous is a great word…

No longer GroupThink 'woke'.  but it was fun while it lasted.
From Tesla's site:

EXOSKELETON
Cybertruck is built with an exterior shell made for ultimate durability and passenger protection. Starting with a nearly impenetrable exoskeleton, every component is designed for superior strength and endurance, from Ultra-Hard 30X Cold-Rolled stainless-steel structural skin to Tesla armor glass.

ULTRA-HARD 30X COLD-ROLLED STAINLESS STEEL

If there was something better, weâ€d use it. Help eliminate dents, damage and long-term corrosion with a smooth monochrome exoskeleton that puts the shell on the outside of the car and provides you and your passengers maximum protection.

PERFORMANCE AND EFFICIENCY
Now entering a new class of strength, speed and versatility—only possible with an all-electric design. The powerful drivetrain and low center of gravity provides extraordinary traction control and torque—enabling acceleration from 0-60 mph in as little as 2.9 seconds and up to 500 miles of range.
Anti-individualistic, the Fascist conception of life stresses the importance of the State and accepts the individual only in so far as his interests coincide with those of the State...

- Benito Mussolini
I found this elsewhere:

2023 Tesla Cybertruck Pricing
With one motor and rear-wheel drive, the new Tesla Cybertruck is expected to cost $39,900 when it arrives as a 2023 model. With two motors and all-wheel drive, the 2023 Cybertruck will start at about $50,000, while the 3-motor version should cost roughly $70,000.

- Benito Mussolini
(02-04-2023, 09:32 PM)K9Buck Wrote: I found this elsewhere:

With one motor and rear-wheel drive, the new Tesla Cybertruck is expected to cost $39,900 when it arrives as a 2023 model. With two motors and all-wheel drive, the 2023 Cybertruck will start at about $50,000, while the 3-motor version should cost roughly $70,000.

These are old projected costs...they will be significantly higher than above.

I'm not sure they are even doing a single motor version anymore, just 2-motor, Tri and Quad

Some of the very earliest preorder slots are getting emails to begin configuring their order, so we've got to be getting pretty close!
The challenge will be owning one. The exterior is made of stainless steel panels. If they get scratched or dented, they will be expensive to replace. Not sure that they can bang out a panel and just buff the exterior.
"Don't, I say don't bother me dog, can't ya see I'm thinkin'?"   Foghorn Leghorn

Rear-wheel drive on a truck? That doesn't work well unless you want to do donuts in the snow/ice. We had a Jimmy with rear-wheel drive, although you could put it in 4-wheel hi or low. The same vehicle I took my driver's test in. Of course, it snowed the night before. Fun times. I passed the test. Good memories lol.
(02-06-2023, 02:25 PM)maize Wrote:

Rear-wheel drive on a truck? That doesn't work well unless you want to do donuts in the snow/ice. We had a Jimmy with rear-wheel drive, although you could put it in 4-wheel hi or low. The same vehicle I took my driver's test in. Of course, it snowed the night before. Fun times. I passed the test. Good memories lol.
I had a Ford Ranger in the early 90â€s that had rear wheel drive. In the Winter I installed my CBTCS (ChinaBuck Traction Control System. It was composed of 2x8â€s screwed together to make a frame and concrete blocks infilled the frame. Worked great.
(02-06-2023, 05:13 PM)ChinaBuck Wrote:
(02-06-2023, 02:25 PM)maize Wrote:

I had a Ford Ranger in the early 90â€s that had rear wheel drive. In the Winter I installed my CBTCS (ChinaBuck Traction Control System. It was composed of 2x8â€s screwed together to make a frame and concrete blocks infilled the frame. Worked great.

Better story. Or at least a funnier one. Same Jimmy. Freshman year playing varsity. I'm 14 at this time.  First game. Snowed. We were stuck in my best friend's driveway. We had to push that out. Khakias were ruined.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I've Got a Time Machine and I'll take you back in time zigbee 414 32,114 02-18-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: maize
  Fox News personality Dana Perino describes Hillary Clinton as "amazing" K9Buck 2 68 09-28-2023, 10:27 PM
Last Post: dkeener67
  MMMMMMmmmm, thanks White Castle for amazing grilled burgers for 100 years zigbee 39 563 10-26-2022, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Soupcity Kid
  Great news! New Covid straing with 80% kill rate! Amazing K9Buck 14 359 10-20-2022, 05:14 AM
Last Post: dunefan
  It's amazing to me that so many leftists believe that... K9Buck 13 431 05-23-2022, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Georgem80
  THIS could be amazing: Alex Jones P1tchblack 87 2,226 04-01-2022, 10:40 AM
Last Post: TroyKidd
  Nancy Mace is amazing davebucknut 2 239 02-20-2022, 05:43 AM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  It's amazing that so many leftists tell others to wear masks but won't themselves? K9Buck 14 985 02-08-2022, 08:42 AM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  The Suicide Machine ChinaBuck 10 871 12-18-2021, 09:10 PM
Last Post: lrrps21
  I want some icecream....but the machine is down.... Alabuckeye 9 308 08-12-2021, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Blinky