Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A positive outlook is what leads to positive results.

WELCOME new member AMaizawing (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
zigbeeThe college career that never ends
Oregon tight end granted ninth year of eligibility, may return for eighth season
Cam McCormick was a freshman in 2016

Oregon Ducks tight end Cam McCormick is unsure whether heâ€ll return to Eugene for his eighth season, but he now has nine years of eligibility to work with.

McCormick was granted his ninth year by the NCAA due to tearing his Achilles in 2021, according to The Oregonian.
[Image: GettyImages-1436332641.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]

McCormick redshirted his freshman year in 2016 before appearing in 13 games during the 2017 season.

He suffered a season-ending injury in the first game of his sophomore year in 2018 and went on to miss the entirety of the 2019 and 2020 seasons.

After playing in just two games in 2021, McCormick suffered another season-ending injury. He appeared in 12 games for Oregon in 2022, hauling in nine catches for 64 yards and three touchdowns.

"Iâ€ve thought about it; itâ€s a tough decision," McCormick said after Fridayâ€s practice, according to The Oregonian. "Iâ€m not totally keen on what my decision is going to be yet. Iâ€m going to continue to enjoy this game with my teammates and make the decision after the game.... I couldnâ€t imagine doing nine. If anything, I applied for it just to have it after Ohio State last year. I tore my Achilles and thankfully was able to get it. The optionâ€s there, I do have it. Whether I use it, itâ€s in the air. Thinking about returning for a year eight."
[Image: GettyImages-1424160154.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]
No. 13 Oregon will play North Carlina in the Holiday Bowl on December 28th.

McCormick has already earned his bachelor's degree and his master's, saying he would study yoga or business or pursue internships in order to satisfy the academic requirements.

McCormick was announced as the winner of the Capital One Orange Bowl-FWAA Courage Award on Wednesday, awarded to the player who displays courage on and off the field.

"We couldn't be more proud of Cam," head coach Dan Lanning said. "He has been through so much, both on and off the field, throughout his life, and has never given up or stopped fighting to reach his goals. His ability to persevere and overcome hardship while always maintaining a positive attitude is truly inspiring.

"Cam is a great role model and a tremendous leader for our football team. He works hard and always treats people the right way, a testament to how he was raised by his mom, Deb, and his support system. He is a true Man of Oregon and is incredibly deserving of this honor."

McCormick is not considered an NFL Draft pick, and it is unlikely that he will receive an invitation to the NFL combine.
Make America Honest Again
Those are rookie numbers. I graduated HS in 1975 and didnâ€t finish college until 1986. Technically, I was enrolled in school for at least one semester or quarter every year during that time. So over that 11 year period I got a Bachelors, two Masters, over a year of foreign study travel, almost one yearâ€s worth of non-professional work experience and over three years worth of professional experience (that was a requirement to take the architecture registration exam). And I only went on a Spring Break trip once.

I had only $5000 in student loans at the end of that. My parents helped with half of the costs for undergrad, but I paid for everything else on my own.
"Don't, I say don't bother me dog, can't ya see I'm thinkin'?"   Foghorn Leghorn
(12-17-2022, 09:13 PM)ChinaBuck Wrote: Those are rookie numbers. I graduated HS in 1975 and didnâ€t finish college until 1986. Technically, I was enrolled in school for at least one semester or quarter every year during that time. So over that 11 year period I got a Bachelors, two Masters, over a year of foreign study travel, almost one yearâ€s worth of non-professional work experience and over three years worth of professional experience (that was a requirement to take the architecture registration exam). And I only went on a Spring Break trip once.

I had only $5000 in student loans at the end of that. My parents helped with half of the costs for undergrad, but I paid for everything else on my own.

Actually, that is pretty cool.  You packed a lot into 11 years and accomplished a great deal.   awesome
Make America Honest Again
(12-17-2022, 10:47 PM)zigbee Wrote:
(12-17-2022, 09:13 PM)ChinaBuck Wrote: Those are rookie numbers. I graduated HS in 1975 and didnâ€t finish college until 1986. Technically, I was enrolled in school for at least one semester or quarter every year during that time. So over that 11 year period I got a Bachelors, two Masters, over a year of foreign study travel, almost one yearâ€s worth of non-professional work experience and over three years worth of professional experience (that was a requirement to take the architecture registration exam). And I only went on a Spring Break trip once.

Actually, that is pretty cool.  You packed a lot into 11 years and accomplished a great deal.   awesome

I know there are a lot of self-entitled lazy and whiney kids in college these days looking for someone to pay for their gender studies degree, but there are still many kids who work full time while going to school full time. Could be as a waitress, stocking shelves at a grocery store, factory job or whatever. I have a lot of respect for them. They don't get any attention and probably don't attend all of the woke protests because they are too busy earning their way. They are the kids that deserve a extra helping hand.
"Don't, I say don't bother me dog, can't ya see I'm thinkin'?"   Foghorn Leghorn
(12-17-2022, 10:55 PM)ChinaBuck Wrote:

I know there are a lot of self-entitled lazy and whiney kids in college these days looking for someone to pay for their gender studies degree, but there are still many kids who work full time while going to school full time. Could be as a waitress, stocking shelves at a grocery store, factory job or whatever. I have a lot of respect for them. They don't get any attention and probably don't attend all of the woke protests because they are too busy earning their way. They are the kids that deserve a extra helping hand.

I jacked my way thru 4 years of school before getting serious….worked close to full time, got married and moved to Alabama. Got a BS in Acctg which Iâ€ve used little of in 28 years. No debt though. Just a bunch of “growing up time”

No longer GroupThink 'woke'.  but it was fun while it lasted.
Will his grand kids get free tickets for the games?
I on the other hand, graduated with a BS in Environmental Health in 3.5 years, with a 3.59 GPA. EH degree had nothing to do with Earth Health, it was targeted at Industrial Hygiene and Public Health Sanitarian positions. I do somewhat regret not furthering my academic career, a Masters would have been so easy at that time but I got married at 22.
(12-17-2022, 11:00 PM)Alabuckeye Wrote:

I jacked my way thru 4 years of school before getting serious….worked close to full time, got married and moved to Alabama. Got a BS in Acctg which Iâ€ve used little of in 28 years. No debt though. Just a bunch of “growing up time”
Did too much partying while in college, eh bammer? I could see that.
(12-18-2022, 09:36 AM)Beastdog Wrote:
(12-17-2022, 11:00 PM)Alabuckeye Wrote:

Did too much partying while in college, eh bammer? I could see that.

Young. Dumb. Immature. Needing to find direction. Surprisingly Iâ€m sure I was never a party animal

No longer GroupThink 'woke'.  but it was fun while it lasted.
Went to the Coyotes game and stopped at Buffalo Wild Wings next to ASU. They said 45 minute wait. Place was half empty. No employees. Smack dab next to a university campus with 55k students. RUFKM? 
Our generation is to blame.
(12-18-2022, 07:46 PM)3rdgensooner Wrote: Went to the Coyotes game and stopped at Buffalo Wild Wings next to ASU. They said 45 minute wait. Place was half empty. No employees. Smack dab next to a university campus with 55k students. RUFKM? 
Our generation is to blame.

Yes.  Education somehow became more important than work.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

Itâ€s more the mollycoddling and support from our generation. Education was always important but more was expected of adults as far as contribution to their education and for them to become self sufficient once educated. Our generation did that. We over compensated for the absentee parenting of our parents. The latchkey generation when moms went to work. And it isnâ€t good for millennials and Gen Z or society as a whole.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Really? Yelling N word at female college Utah BB players?? zigbee 16 204 Today, 04:06 AM
Last Post: Arby328
  College Football 25 (NCAA Football 25) maize 7 117 02-22-2024, 12:58 PM
Last Post: maize
  23-24 Season College Basketball ChinaBuck 15 248 01-28-2024, 04:04 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  Why is Georgia Governor Kemp permitting college to reinstate mask mandate? K9Buck 75 944 08-29-2023, 01:27 AM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  College Baseball World Series Syncro 37 431 06-12-2023, 09:08 AM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  College sports transformation Alabuckeye 9 148 06-09-2023, 07:21 PM
Last Post: dunefan
  I'd say Deion Sanders is headed to a successful DI coaching career zigbee 0 70 04-27-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  Most Hated College Football Fanbase Poll: down to 2 finalists ChinaBuck 13 277 04-18-2023, 12:39 PM
Last Post: lrrps21
  Your College/Education? unc4corners 107 1,494 04-17-2023, 11:41 AM
Last Post: TcSoup
  Kanye: Burning his Career to the Ground P1tchblack 23 546 01-13-2023, 09:20 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck