Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: People do not care until they learn how much you do. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Killing time when there's not much news
Keep in mind that these kids are 6 years old.

Story 1:

My wife teaches first grade and on the first day after the Thanksgiving break, she gets a call from the office saying that her student "Sarah's" sister is taking care of Sarah for awhile, but that my wife isn't allowed to tell her any school related information because the sister isn't legally a guardian.

As it turns out, both of "Sarah's" parents overdosed over the Thanksgiving break and apparently the father actually died for some period of time, but was brought back by EMT's.

Story 2:

There are a lot of group homes in the district where my wife teaches.  She has a hispanic student who lives in a group home.  He brought in his personal journal from home and was writing in it when students were supposed to be writing in their class journal.  Upon inspection, my wife found a LOT of disturbing images the student has drawn.  Some were giant d!cks with semen coming out.  Some were people with "X" for eyes, pointing guns at their heads or crotch area.  I don't remember the details, but when asked about the images, he bluntly said exactly what it was, including one that was, as he described it, a ni**er.

Again.... 6 year old kids.
Psychological treatment is going to be a massive growth field over the next decades for what we are doing to our young.

One son is in a family & marital counseling track another is in a trauma counseling track. I suspect they will never lack for work

No longer GroupThink 'woke'.  but it was fun while it lasted.
Most of us grew up in normal, semi-loving households.

Those of us that did cant really understand what some kids deal with on a daily basis, things that would destroy us.

I sometimes feel that God put me in the field he did just to show me what life can be like and to develop a healthy amount of empathy.
(12-13-2022, 01:54 PM)Conanthelibrarian Wrote: Most of us grew up in normal, semi-loving households.

Those of us that did cant really understand what some kids deal with on a daily basis, things that would destroy us. 

I sometimes feel that God put me in the field he did just to show me what life can be like and to develop a healthy amount of empathy.

Yep.  You have kids that act out during class and the natural inclination is frustration, anger and consequence.  Then you hear what their home life is like.....
I hear about this stuff.  Friend of mine started doing substitute teaching in the Dallas area.  Most of the kids in her classes, young teens who are obviously not the cream of the crop, could literally be classified as savages and unfit to live a civilized society.  She is already thinking about quitting because she is afraid of some of the students and she already figured out she will be thrown under the bus if a problem arises.  She said one started masturbating in class.  All the administrators want is to avoid the negative publicity that any type of attempt to discipline might bring.  Basically let them do what they want as long as no one gets hurt or the police have to come.  This is what the cultural Marxists want.  A total upheaval of the previous white Christian culture including the family structure.  Of course if she brought a Bible in and started reading a Psalm, the school system would come crashing down on her. This country is focked and only the blind and foolish don't see it.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

Story #3:

My 8th grade son went to his first dance - Winter Formal.  It was a mix of 7th and 8th graders.  Apparently a number of kids were thrown out of the dance.  Several girls tried to smuggle alcohol in their purses.  Some boys were AirDropping (iPhone utility for sharing docs via bluetooth) nudes  AND taking up-skirt pics of girls with their phones.
This is what you get when you take a sledgehammer to a countryâ€s moral foundation.

Yeah, I know. Weâ€ve screwed up a lot along the way. No one is saying weâ€ve been perfect. Remove the importance of mom and dad? Remove the importance of marriage? Even when studies show that both are critical to a healthy childhood?

Welcome to our devolution

No longer GroupThink 'woke'.  but it was fun while it lasted.
I remember people smuggling in booze to our HS dances or just showing up already drunk, but not at the middle school dances. I guess that could have been going on, but I didn't know about it. Airdrop wasn't a thing when I was in MS/HS, so that wasn't a problem. Very, very few had camera phones in MS as those were just starting to become a thing. I don't think anyone was doing that, it would have been a blurry pic anyways.
(12-13-2022, 04:27 PM)Alabuckeye Wrote: This is what you get when you take a sledgehammer to a countryâ€s moral foundation.

Yeah, I know. Weâ€ve screwed up a lot along the way. No one is saying weâ€ve been perfect. Remove the importance of mom and dad?  Remove the importance of marriage?  Even when studies show that both are critical to a healthy childhood? 

Welcome to our devolution

This X 1,000

There is no factor that you can find anywhere in sociological study that has the positive effect that being raised by married parents has on outcomes for children.

Nothing else even approaches it.

If you're advocating for the future of children without pushing traditional marriage then you either know nothing of what you speak or you just aren't serious.
Technology. You would think we'd be getting smarter as a country but we are only going downhill and fast.
We are headed to a one world currency too. Read you Bible and see what's happening. It tells you plainly.
(12-13-2022, 05:49 PM)unc4corners Wrote: Technology.  You would think we'd be getting smarter as a country but we are only going downhill and fast. 
We are headed to a one world currency too.  Read you Bible and see what's happening.  It tells you plainly.

Technology and lack of parenting because parents spend their time scrolling on TikTok and let technology raise their kids.
When I was in middle school I went to Wellington, which was a private school in Upper Arlington, and we had combined dances with Columbus School for Girls and Columbus Academy. 

Man, those CSG girls were horny as hell. It was like it was the first time they ever saw a guy before.  Big Grin
(12-13-2022, 07:37 PM)Blinky Wrote: When I was in middle school I went to Wellington, which was a private school in Upper Arlington, and we had combined dances with Columbus School for Girls and Columbus Academy. 

Man, those CSG girls were horny as hell. It was like it was the first time they ever saw a guy before.  Big Grin

Let me guess.  One of those private white, liberal and trainny schools?  Big Grin
(12-13-2022, 07:40 PM)unc4corners Wrote:
(12-13-2022, 07:37 PM)Blinky Wrote: When I was in middle school I went to Wellington, which was a private school in Upper Arlington, and we had combined dances with Columbus School for Girls and Columbus Academy. 

Let me guess.  One of those private white, liberal and trainny schools?  Big Grin

Very true about those CSG girls.  They weren't there because they were academic wizards or good girls.
Quote:Hard times make hard men.
Hard men make easy times. 
Easy times make soft men. 
Soft men make hard times.
(12-13-2022, 07:40 PM)unc4corners Wrote:

Columbus Academy, perhaps. They had just started accepting girls right around then, but it was still like 90% dudes. 

There were enough Academy girls to spoil the party. You couldn't just assume that all non-Wellington girls were CSG girls because there were a handful of Academy girls sprinkled in. While the CSG girls were like USC; all offense, no defense, the Academy girls were just the opposite. They were like Iowa. They wouldn't hang onto the ball, and you couldn't score on them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best small forward of all time? TakeThePoints 240 2,994 03-14-2024, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Smoothmflikethat
  Did you move your clocks to the right time? zigbee 40 510 03-13-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Well, it's time for the SOTU K9Buck 111 6,159 03-12-2024, 08:27 PM
  Our taxes are used to spy on us (old news, I know) K9Buck 0 29 03-07-2024, 07:36 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  Conspiracy Theory & Fake News Thread P1tchblack 92 1,193 03-07-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: maize
  Well, it's time for the TOSU Blinky 1 51 03-06-2024, 09:25 PM
  I've Got a Time Machine and I'll take you back in time zigbee 414 32,253 02-18-2024, 06:38 PM
  Best baseballer of all time... TakeThePoints 29 454 02-12-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: TakeThePoints
  FOX News blows zigbee 33 551 02-09-2024, 12:23 AM
  What does it mean to be a neutral news source? P1tchblack 23 457 10-20-2023, 07:55 PM
Last Post: stxbuck