Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A positive frame of mind goes long way to fruitful outcomes. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AlabuckeyeHow good is this team?
On the road over 2 seasons

2021- 
Barely beat a team that ended the season 6-7 by 2 points
Lose to a team that finished 8-4
Had to go to OT to beat a 6-7 team

Beat a current 6-3 team by 1
Beat a current 5-4 team by 3 TDs. 
Lost to a ranked team 
Lost to a ranked team. 

No longer GroupThink 'woke'.  but it was fun while it lasted.
You could just say Alabama. We all know itâ€s them. They have been overrated for the past two years, for sure.
(11-10-2022, 01:55 PM)wydileie Wrote: You could just say Alabama. We all know itâ€s them. They have been overrated for the past two years, for sure.

They were overrated in 2021 finishing 13-2 and winning the SEC Championship defeating the eventual national champion, a team that defeated the Big Ten champion 34-11 in the play offs?
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

Yes, they are overrated. Yugely talented but overrated

(11-10-2022, 02:02 PM)Hightop77 Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 01:55 PM)wydileie Wrote: You could just say Alabama. We all know itâ€s them. They have been overrated for the past two years, for sure.

They were overrated in 2021 finishing 13-2 and winning the SEC Championship defeating the eventual national champion, a team that defeated the Big Ten champion 34-11 in the play offs?
They scraped by multiple teams they should have destroyed. If Tank Bigsby didnâ€t go out of bounds like an idiot, Auburn beats them. Their offensive play is ineffective against good defenses. They are a team that canâ€t perform on the road. 

The entirety of the SECw was overrated last year, as seen by their 2-5 bowl record, and most games werenâ€t close.
Bama dynasty is coming to an end soon.
(11-10-2022, 02:19 PM)wydileie Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 02:02 PM)Hightop77 Wrote:

They scraped by multiple teams they should have destroyed. If Tank Bigsby didnâ€t go out of bounds like an idiot, Auburn beats them. Their offensive play is ineffective against good defenses. They are a team that canâ€t perform on the road. 

The entirety of the SECw was overrated last year, as seen by their 2-5 bowl record, and most games werenâ€t close.

Trying to negate facts with coulda, shoulda, woulda is a meaningless exercise.  If the SEC was overrated what does that say about the Big Ten?  Also bowl records outside of the play off are meaningless since so many top players now skip the bowl game to avoid injury.  Alabama was the number 2 team in the country which is exactly where they wound up ranked.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

1) dismiss facts like record against other conferences
2) use transitive property to prove point when itâ€s clearly known that doesnâ€t work
3) state opinion as fact.

Yeah, you covered the gamut.

Btw, I got this info from an Alabama fan who comes to the same conclusion as me and Wylie

(11-10-2022, 02:32 PM)Alabuckeye Wrote: 1) dismiss facts like record against other conferences
2) use transitive property to prove point when itâ€s clearly known that doesnâ€t work

Btw, I got this info from an Alabama fan who comes to the same conclusion as me and Wylie

Weak and just the usual sour grapes.  There is no rational basis for saying some other 2 loss team was better than Alabama last year.  Georgia was the only team that could have kept them from winning the championship and they did.

Just look at the narrative between OSU this year and Bama last year. Bama actually loses a game last year, to a mediocre team no less. They struggle to get by a bunch of mediocre teams several times through the year. They had very little run game outside of Bryce scrambling, their OLine was bad, and their entire offense relied on Bryce and Jamison. No one questions them or even takes a step back to evaluate.

Meanwhile, OSU dominates much of this year. They are the only team in the country to win every game by double digits. They struggle one game against a bad team in insane weather, and we now have people saying we should drop, we arenâ€t that good, etc. etc.

Neither teamâ€s talent is in doubt, but one is questioned and the other isnâ€t. I understand Saban is the GOAT, no argument from me here, but everyoneâ€s time passes. Time is undefeated. They look like a different than the past two years. Maybe itâ€s his assistants, and he can fix it, or maybe itâ€s just the natural decline of things.
(11-10-2022, 02:38 PM)wydileie Wrote: Just look at the narrative between OSU this year and Bama last year.  Bama actually loses a game last year, to a mediocre team no less. They struggle to get by a bunch of mediocre teams several times through the year. They had very little run game outside of Bryce scrambling, their OLine was bad, and their entire offense relied on Bryce and Jamison. No one questions them or even takes a step back to evaluate.

Meanwhile, OSU dominates much of this year. They are the only team in the country to win every game by double digits. They struggle one game against a bad team in insane weather, and we now have people saying we should drop, we arenâ€t that good, etc. etc.

Neither teamâ€s talent is in doubt, but one is questioned and the other isnâ€t. I understand Saban is the GOAT, no argument from me here, but everyoneâ€s time passes. Time is undefeated. They look like a different than the past two years. Maybe itâ€s his assistants, and he can fix it, or maybe itâ€s just the natural decline of things.
Or the 2015 OSU team. Or 2016

(11-10-2022, 02:36 PM)Hightop77 Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 02:32 PM)Alabuckeye Wrote: 1) dismiss facts like record against other conferences

Weak and just the usual sour grapes.  There is no rational basis for saying some other 2 loss team was better than Alabama last year.  Georgia was the only team that could have kept them from winning the championship and they did.
Lol.  HT has a big ten hard on.
Quote:Hard times make hard men.
Hard men make easy times. 
Easy times make soft men. 
Soft men make hard times.

Football is all about matchups. What Georgia did to Michigan is not indicative of how Bama would play them, or even Ohio State for that matter. Georgia was a particularly bad matchup for Michigan. Bama was not. Michigan was a horrible matchup for Bama last year. Ohio State would have been a bad matchup for Georgia. Bama gets the benefit of the doubt and gets the 1 seed over Michigan. Why? Michigan had great wins and a better loss.
(11-10-2022, 02:40 PM)dkeener67 Wrote:

Lol.  HT has a big ten hard on.
True.  List grows.............Blacks, Jews, and Big Ten...............Catholics are sneaking up to join the list.
Make America Honest Again
I'm here.  Give me the two loss team that was better than Alabama and why.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Marty Brennaman - Good read. unc4corners 10 168 02-03-2024, 09:43 PM
Last Post: unc4corners
  Gene Therapy - Good or End of the World Sanitarian2 4 125 12-09-2023, 12:03 AM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Team Brandon to launch account on Trump's Truth Social maize 3 91 10-16-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: davebucknut
  SS protection for RFK Jr denied by team Biden. ScarletHayes 15 268 09-20-2023, 10:47 PM
  Good series on Hulu P1tchblack 3 71 09-01-2023, 04:15 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  Find 3 pandas not wearing sun glasses.......GOOD LUCK zigbee 7 151 07-29-2023, 10:23 PM
  Good read on Kennedy Jr. antivaxxer TcSoup 23 423 07-19-2023, 01:00 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  This is a good look for Macron! K9Buck 2 93 06-16-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: maize
  WLW radio found good news anchor for the weekends. Big Reds fan and Bengals fan zigbee 4 132 05-15-2023, 08:31 AM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  Good news for North Carolinians! Beastdog 8 198 04-06-2023, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Alabuckeye