Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: Keep an open mind! Finding the truth means willingness to listen to many ideas. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happens if Dems Indict Trump?
I still think the probability of this is low, for obvious reasons. But the announcement that Garland is officially starting a criminal probe of DJT, for sedition, puts this issue on the table. So analyze the "what if" from two perspectives:

1. Political impact.

2. Civil unrest impact.

I am obviously biased, but I think this would be political suicide for Dems to try. The middle would be outraged. As for the 2nd aspect, but I have no idea. It would likely directly impact me, living in a Far Left town, and being someone who isn't "quiet" about this. I have had enough heated discussions here (latest one was a couple of weeks ago, when someone at dinner with "friends" wanted to talk about J6 "hearing.") It will get worse, way worse, if this happens. 

Civil War out of the question?
This is political. Merrick Garland is a hack. It will further politicize the DoJ in the publicâ€s view. No charges will ever actually be tried, or likely even filed, this is a clown show to derail a potential run for president.

I donâ€t have the love for Donald Trump that yâ€all do, although I donâ€t have the hate thatâ€s ascribed to me either, but both sides need to back away from the ledge, and both refuse to do so

No longer GroupThink 'woke'.  but it was fun while it lasted.
Come on Bammer. I wasn't asking for opinions about whether they will eventually indict. I agree the probability is low. I'm asking for opinions about what will happen if they do. Get with the program, buddy (welcome back to board, BTW. pitch missed ya).
He should announce and run regardless. The DoJ announcement was procedural. Rumors DT was going to announce because you can't investigate a candidate. When the Republicans win the house back, they should announce the continuing of the J6 panel, except to determine who opened the door, how many agents, what Nancy knew, etc.

P.S. They should also start the impeachment of Garland and a few others from appointed spots. There corruption is more seditious than DT
The real threat to the country is when people like Donald Trump continue to spread lies in an attempt to undermine our democracy.
(07-27-2022, 11:03 AM)Beastdog Wrote: Come on Bammer. I wasn't asking for opinions about whether they will eventually indict. I agree the probability is low. I'm asking for opinions about what will happen if they do. Get with the program, buddy (welcome back to board, BTW. pitch missed ya).
Pitch missed me because yâ€all are so easy to troll. ….

Hypothetically….if they were to indict him, yes, I do think there would be serious consequences in spots of the country. Skirmishes even between BAMN, Antifa or other groups and the wing nuts on the far right. I donâ€t see it being widespread because largely the spots of deep support just arenâ€t close enough to really engage.

(07-27-2022, 11:06 AM)P1tchblack Wrote: The real threat to the country is when people like Donald Trump continue to spread lies in an attempt to undermine our democracy.
F*ck off, retard. And stay out of my thread, I want intelligent conversation here.
(07-27-2022, 11:06 AM)P1tchblack Wrote: The real threat to the country is when people like Donald Trump continue to spread lies in an attempt to undermine our democracy.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Make America Honest Again
(07-27-2022, 11:08 AM)Beastdog Wrote:
F*ck off, retard. And stay out of my thread, I want intelligent conversation here.

No, you want to ignore reality. Reality is that people would largely only be angry about Trump being indicted BECAUSE they believe his lies.

When will Hillary be indicted?  Her lies led to a plot at an attempted coup.  To this day she still claims Trump was illegitimately elected
(07-27-2022, 11:32 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote:

When will Hillary be indicted?  Her lies led to a plot at an attempted coup.  To this day she still claims Trump was illegitimately elected

She claimed he was illegitimately elected because of the Russian interference, specifically the hacking and releasing of hers and the dnc's emails.  That those things happened is a known fact
and in 2020 election laws were changed unconstitutionally.  Thatâ€s also a fact.  Mail in election, first time in the nationâ€s history is also a fact.  

There was no Russian interference unless you take some FB ads as something to actually be concerned about.  

Sure wish we knew how her and the DNC servers were “hacked.”  Oh right, that might have someone mention Seth Richâ€s name, which we all know is now an act of insurrection
(07-27-2022, 11:48 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote: and in 2020 election laws were changed unconstitutionally.  Thatâ€s also a fact.  Mail in election, first time in the nationâ€s history is also a fact.  

Agree, but it's possible that those changes didn't generate one additional fraudulent vote, much less tens/hundreds of thousands. 

There was no Russian interference unless you take some FB ads as something to actually be concerned about.  

Social media activity AND hacking/releasing emails. 

Sure wish we knew how her and the DNC servers were “hacked.”  Oh right, that might have someone mention Seth Richâ€s name, which we all know is now an act of insurrection
You could also say itâ€s possible/likely that Donald Trump didnâ€t incite a riot on 1-6
With ALL of these things, words are parsed, couched in language that fits the speakerâ€s preconceptions.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump needs to go away K9Buck 1,274 33,280 04-13-2024, 11:38 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  (Hypothetical) Dems to January 6 rioters: "Hold my beer." P1tchblack 6 99 02-26-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: TroyKidd
  Election 2020: Revenge of the Dems P1tchblack 201 33,157 02-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  174 House Dems voted against barring terrorists from working for TSA zigbee 26 4,609 01-21-2024, 12:31 AM
Last Post: maize
  Is this our future under the Dems if they win in 24? ChinaBuck 2 116 08-11-2023, 10:04 AM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  Survivor of Mao's China: Dems have already become a communist party ScarletHayes 0 75 05-23-2023, 09:19 AM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  Dems putting governors/ speed limiters on cars in 2023 davebucknut 25 514 10-18-2022, 05:09 PM
Last Post: davebucknut
  Dems can't get out of their own way....Sinema to stand keeping filibuster zigbee 51 2,573 09-26-2022, 01:18 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  Dems running an awfully interesting strategy for 2022 Syncro 20 559 09-16-2022, 09:54 AM
Last Post: Beastdog
  Dems destroying Asheville, North Carolina K9Buck 38 909 09-14-2022, 09:51 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck