Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: People do not care until they learn how much you do. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FLASHBACK: Obama on Kaepernick & National Anthem
Anyone disagree?

Wonâ€t watch! Wish nothing but the worst for them both.
Knows just what to say.  What he does is way more important.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

(07-19-2022, 07:53 AM)Hightop77 Wrote: Knows just what to say.  What he does is way more important.

You believe that what he said was "just what to say" on CNN?  To me, it sounded like just what to say on Fox News.
(07-19-2022, 08:03 AM)P1tchblack Wrote:
(07-19-2022, 07:53 AM)Hightop77 Wrote: Knows just what to say.  What he does is way more important.

You believe that what he said was "just what to say" on CNN?  To me, it sounded like just what to say on Fox News.

Do you actually expect him to tell the truth and say that he supports Kaepernick, hates the country as founded, and supports black nationalism?
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

If he was still president CNN was still pretending to be somewhat of a fair news organization back then.  CNN didnâ€t go completely and totally off the rails til Trump got there
(07-19-2022, 08:24 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote: If he was still president CNN was still pretending to be somewhat of a fair news organization back then.  CNN didnâ€t go completely and totally off the rails til Trump got there
And if you remember, CNN did the old driving trick where you get two wheels off the road and jerk the wheel so hard you end up on the other side. 

zucker had them covering every single Trump event live, leading the way in giving him air in the primary, and the second he appeared viable they turned in him in a 180

No longer GroupThink 'woke'.  but it was fun while it lasted.
(07-19-2022, 08:07 AM)Hightop77 Wrote:

Do you actually expect him to tell the truth and say that he supports Kaepernick, hates the country as founded, and supports black nationalism?

I'd expect him to take a less definitive position given that he's speaking to an audience that, according to Republicans, hates the country, the flag, the military, etc.  Wouldn't you expect that also?

Do you disagree with anything he said?
I agree that words are one thing, actions are a totally different one. Actions are a much better indicator

No longer GroupThink 'woke'.  but it was fun while it lasted.
(07-19-2022, 08:29 AM)P1tchblack Wrote:

I'd expect him to take a less definitive position given that he's speaking to an audience that, according to Republicans, hates the country, the flag, the military, etc.  Wouldn't you expect that also?

It was a CNN presidential town hall.  Obama is obviously smarter than you and realized there were others besides rabid Democrat Leftists watching.

(07-19-2022, 08:27 AM)Alabuckeye Wrote:
(07-19-2022, 08:24 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote: If he was still president CNN was still pretending to be somewhat of a fair news organization back then.  CNN didnâ€t go completely and totally off the rails til Trump got there
And if you remember, CNN did the old driving trick where you get two wheels off the road and jerk the wheel so hard you end up on the other side. 

zucker had them covering every single Trump event live, leading the way in giving him air in the primary, and the second he appeared viable they turned in him in a 180

I recall MSNBC doing that, so it's not a stretch to think CNN did it too.  Man I can still remember the lips of Joe and Mika being stuck on Trump's azz so hard that I thought it was gonna take the Jaws of Life to separate 'em.  

As for Obama, HT is right in that he isn't an idiot.  Remember when he said he couldn't just snap his fingers on immigration, and then maybe not even 6 months later he did the Dreamers thing.  Obama is a Marxist revolutionary in a suit.  Always was.  The media just played their role for him.  Imagine if Trump started his political career in the living room of 2 terrorists.  I'm betting CNN and MSNBC would've gave it some air time.  Just sayin'   Wink
Will not watch. Waste of time.
Quote:Hard times make hard men.
Hard men make easy times. 
Easy times make soft men. 
Soft men make hard times.
(07-19-2022, 08:32 AM)Hightop77 Wrote:

It was a CNN presidential town hall.  Obama is obviously smarter than you and realized there were others besides rabid Democrat Leftists watching.

If you're right, and it's all just a show, and he doesn't actually believe in free speech and accepting that other will have opposing views, then one would think he's let his true self out by 2019, when he's no longer running for office:

(07-19-2022, 08:43 AM)P1tchblack Wrote:
(07-19-2022, 08:32 AM)Hightop77 Wrote:
(07-19-2022, 08:03 AM)P1tchblack Wrote: You believe that what he said was "just what to say" on CNN?  To me, it sounded like just what to say on Fox News.

If you're right, and it's all just a show, and he doesn't actually believe in free speech and accepting that other will have opposing views, then one would think he's let his true self out by 2019, when he's no longer running for office:

Why would he do that?  He is still the leader of the Democrat Party.  They still have to keep fooling people.

Obama knew pushing too hard and too fast on fundamental transformation would deliver blowback.  He tried to move at a methodical pace during his presidency and it still gave us Trump.  Assuming legitimate elections going forward, the Democrats likely just set themselves back a generation.  Unless of course they can somehow go totalitarian in the meantime.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UConn has 17 national championships since 1995 Hightop77 6 42 04-10-2024, 09:54 AM
Last Post: dkeener67
  President Obama meeting with more world leaders K9Buck 12 71 04-06-2024, 12:32 AM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Biden decree 4-1-24 National Joe Biden Day zigbee 0 22 04-01-2024, 09:45 AM
Last Post: zigbee
  Noted Democrat and big Obama friend Soupcity Kid 12 124 03-29-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Soupcity Kid
  Michelle Obama for president? K9Buck 184 2,307 03-05-2024, 07:32 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  National Chili Day !!! ChinaBuck 6 90 02-22-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Syncro
  Obama says all blacks should get reparations. jmesser1982 73 11,834 02-09-2024, 09:02 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  Washington vs Michigan National Championship Game Thread Syncro 64 700 01-09-2024, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Syncro
  National Security Risk - Chinese Garlic ChinaBuck 0 67 12-09-2023, 12:21 AM
  Is Barack Obama the anti-Christ? K9Buck 4 107 09-26-2023, 11:23 PM