Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A Big Bang led to star being born.

WELCOME new member AMaizawing (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dkeener67Swing and miss
The leader of this golf tournament (The Travelers) tee shot end up in a the bunker near the far lip. He tried to hit a hero shot. He actually missed the ball, and the weird thing is he didn't miss it by hitting behind it or the side he hit the sand in front of the ball. Bizarre. Who misses a sand shot by contacting the sand in front of the ball? I've never seen anybody do this, not even myself, much less a pro. He just made double. He's gonna lose the tournament now.
Quote:Hard times make hard men.
Hard men make easy times. 
Easy times make soft men. 
Soft men make hard times.
A lot of things going on inside that young man's head at that moment that you and I will never experience. I turned the TV on while he was hitting his second shot from the bunker (I thought it was his first). I couldn't figure out how he got a double on eighteen until your post. I will try to find a video of it later cause it isn't out there yet. I've seen a lot of bad shots on tour this year but I still haven't seen that one yet, ever. Thanks for posting this.
(06-26-2022, 07:01 PM)dunefan Wrote: A lot of things going on inside that young man's head at that moment that you and I will never experience.  I turned the TV on while he was hitting his second shot from the bunker (I thought it was his first).  I couldn't figure out how he got a double on eighteen until your post.  I will try to find a video of it later cause it isn't out there yet.  I've seen a lot of bad shots on tour this year but I still haven't seen that one yet, ever.  Thanks for posting this.
Sure. 
I've never even heard of that sort of missed shot. I rewatched it five times to be sure. Faldo etc really didn't comment on it. I wonder if they thought he hit the ball and it just rolled back to near its original position. More likely they were just being nice.
(06-26-2022, 07:16 PM)dkeener67 Wrote:
(06-26-2022, 07:01 PM)dunefan Wrote: A lot of things going on inside that young man's head at that moment that you and I will never experience.  I turned the TV on while he was hitting his second shot from the bunker (I thought it was his first).  I couldn't figure out how he got a double on eighteen until your post.  I will try to find a video of it later cause it isn't out there yet.  I've seen a lot of bad shots on tour this year but I still haven't seen that one yet, ever.  Thanks for posting this.
Sure. 
I've never even heard of that sort of missed shot. I rewatched it five times to be sure. Faldo etc really didn't comment on it. I wonder if they thought he hit the ball and it just rolled back to near its original position. More likely they were just being nice.

I can't see a pro with those skill sets hitting the sand in front of the ball, ever.  He must have had a major brain fart because of the pressure and that isn't even an explanation though.  I hope I can find a video of it.  See what his head was doing.
This is the second tournament he had a chance to win and then didn't.  He had the 54 hole lead in Phoenix and then lost.  I feel for him (even though I'm sure he won lots of prize money both times).
He was trying to hit a near impossible shot. Plus he's a tour rookie and had just taken the lead so I imagine his throat was a little tight. But to miss a shot that badly?
(06-26-2022, 07:54 PM)dkeener67 Wrote: He was trying to hit a near impossible shot.  Plus he's a tour rookie and had just taken the lead so I imagine his throat was a little tight. But to miss a shot that badly?
I could do that anytime I stepped on the links. Hell, I could do that at the driving range.
"Don't, I say don't bother me dog, can't ya see I'm thinkin'?"   Foghorn Leghorn
(06-26-2022, 04:54 PM)dkeener67 Wrote: The leader of this golf tournament (The Travelers) tee shot end up in a the bunker near the far lip. He tried to hit a hero shot. He actually missed the ball, and the weird thing is he didn't miss it by hitting behind it or the side he hit the sand in front of the ball. Bizarre. Who misses a sand shot by contacting the sand in front of the ball? I've never seen anybody do this, not even myself, much less a pro. He just made double. He's gonna lose the tournament now.

I was watching that live when it happened.  I don't recall a pro ever doing that.
Anti-individualistic, the Fascist conception of life stresses the importance of the State and accepts the individual only in so far as his interests coincide with those of the State...

- Benito Mussolini
(06-26-2022, 08:59 PM)K9Buck Wrote:
(06-26-2022, 04:54 PM)dkeener67 Wrote: The leader of this golf tournament (The Travelers) tee shot end up in a the bunker near the far lip. He tried to hit a hero shot. He actually missed the ball, and the weird thing is he didn't miss it by hitting behind it or the side he hit the sand in front of the ball. Bizarre. Who misses a sand shot by contacting the sand in front of the ball? I've never seen anybody do this, not even myself, much less a pro. He just made double. He's gonna lose the tournament now.

I was watching that live when it happened.  I don't recall a pro ever doing that.

https://www.yardbarker.com/golf/articles...7_37625657

I was doubting myself. But he did in fact whiff it. He claims he bladed it. Doubt I will ever see something like that again.
(06-27-2022, 10:03 AM)dkeener67 Wrote:
(06-26-2022, 08:59 PM)K9Buck Wrote:

https://www.yardbarker.com/golf/articles...7_37625657

I was doubting myself. But he did in fact whiff it. He claims he bladed it. Doubt I will ever see something like that again.

That was a definite sand whiff.  I've never seen that before.  Again, with the skill sets that these players possess It doesn't seem to be possible that one could miss this bad.  He must have been pretty shaken when he hit in the sand.

This happened at US Open. This dude had a 4 shot lead in the final round. 

"Chen had a historic beginning to the U.S. Open. In his first three rounds, he established a new course record at Oakland Hills with a 65, made the first double eagle in U.S. Open history, and established both 36 and 54-hole scoring records. Heading into the final round, he owned a two-stroke advantage over North, who shot 65 in the second round and 70 in the third. Chen increased his lead over North to four shots after just four holes of play. But at the 5th hole, disaster struck for Chen as he saw his lead dissolve in unique fashion.[2] His approach shot from the fairway found deep rough well short and right of the green. His first chip shot stopped several yards short of the green. Hitting his fourth shot, and still in the deep rough, Chen's wedge got tangled up in the grass upon impact and struck the ball a second time on the follow-thru, sending the ball careening short of the green. Chen was assessed the stroke and a penalty. Now lying five, he chipped on and two-putted for an quadruple bogey 8. He had seen a four-stroke lead vanish in one hole and was now tied with playing partner North." 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A dude wins Miss Netherlands & will compete in Miss Universe K9Buck 24 424 07-10-2023, 07:53 PM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  Anyone miss P1tchblack yet? zigbee 28 608 12-30-2022, 01:33 PM
Last Post: Beastdog
  Does anyone miss the tinted visors? maize 2 112 09-11-2022, 08:12 PM
Last Post: stxbuck
  A dude was crowned as "Miss Nevada" K9Buck 49 13,171 06-30-2021, 06:09 AM
Last Post: Georgem80
  Did you know that 5 of the last 6 Miss USA winners are black? K9Buck 18 3,247 05-18-2021, 12:18 PM
Last Post: UNCLife
  Near miss on my motorcycle TakeThePoints 36 2,520 03-15-2021, 10:39 PM
Last Post: 3rdgensooner
  I miss having a pro-American president K9Buck 11 1,679 02-20-2021, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Blinky
  I miss our hippy, dope-smoking, buddy that used to post here! HRH_Deltanine K9Buck 37 6,348 02-10-2021, 03:34 PM
  NEAR MISS ASTEROIDS INCREASING DRASTICALLY, WHAT'S NEXT? computerbuck 2 476 01-22-2021, 09:43 AM
  Hey Bill Belichick...you miss your boy Brady yet? zigbee 65 12,249 01-14-2021, 08:20 PM
Last Post: davebucknut