Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A positive frame of mind goes long way to fruitful outcomes. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Griner makes court appearance.
Fri, May 13, 2022, 7:51 AM

MOSCOW (AP) — The lawyer for WNBA star Brittney Griner said Friday her pre-trial detention in Russia has been extended by one month.
Grinerâ€s lawyer Alexander Boikov told The Associated Press he believed the relatively short extension of the detention indicated the case would come to trial soon.
Griner, a two-time Olympic gold medalist, was detained at the Moscow airport after vape cartridges containing oil derived from cannabis were allegedly found in her luggage, which could carry a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison.
The Biden administration says Griner, 31, is being wrongfully detained. The WNBA and U.S. officials have worked toward her release, without visible progress.

[Image: 9b1a471d49369bde9fc860b1260a3428]
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

Griner is a damn fool and I can't say I've got any sympathy for her...but it's awfully ironic that this clown was outspoken about how much she disliked her own country under Trump when he'd have been fighting like hell to get her returned to the US.
(05-13-2022, 08:28 AM)Syncro Wrote: Griner is a damn fool and I can't say I've got any sympathy for her...but it's awfully ironic that this clown was outspoken about how much she disliked her own country under Trump when he'd have been fighting like hell to get her returned to the US.

Bingo!  

Sweetheart, you want to see what real authoritarianism looks like?  You just got a front row seat.
Let her rot.  It's a shame Trump helped get the shoplifting basketball players out of China.  They were totally ungrateful.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

(05-13-2022, 08:28 AM)Syncro Wrote: Griner is a damn fool and I can't say I've got any sympathy for her...but it's awfully ironic that this clown was outspoken about how much she disliked her own country under Trump when he'd have been fighting like hell to get her returned to the US.
Yep. 

I travel a good bit domestically, but none off continent. IF I were to do so, I would make myself aware of the rules of the hosts and do everything I could to stay within those, understanding that the world largely is not nearly as forgiving as the USA. Itâ€s just pure ignorance, combined with a huge amount of chutzpah….

to your second point…..itâ€s very easy to bash the country that has set the foundation for you to succeed. They donâ€t even recognize the irony of it

No longer GroupThink 'woke'.  but it was fun while it lasted.
(05-13-2022, 08:33 AM)Hightop77 Wrote: It's a shame Trump helped get the shoplifting basketball players out of China.  They were totally ungrateful.

Sh*t, I totally forgot about that...
10 years seems like a reasonable sentence in this case.
What goes around comes around.
My prediction: Griner gets convicted and a 10 year sentence. Biden whines, maybe, and the Russkies say FU. Trump gets re-elected and gets Griner out. After arriving home, Griner then goes on an anti-Trump tirade.
"Don't, I say don't bother me dog, can't ya see I'm thinkin'?"   Foghorn Leghorn
(05-13-2022, 08:44 AM)Alabuckeye Wrote:
Yep. 

I travel a good bit domestically, but none off continent. IF I were to do so, I would make myself aware of the rules of the hosts and do everything I could to stay within those, understanding that the world largely is not nearly as forgiving as the USA. Itâ€s just pure ignorance, combined with a huge amount of chutzpah….

to your second point…..itâ€s very easy to bash the country that has set the foundation for you to succeed. They donâ€t even recognize the irony of it
Not so much the last few years, but Iâ€ve done a fair amount of travel internationally and I always check everything. OTC and prescriptions can trip you up. Of course, it helps that Iâ€ve never taken any drug that wasnâ€t prescribed (and only as prescribed) and I donâ€t smoke anything. I donâ€t carry anything that might be perceived as a weapon. Although I do have a mini leatherman knife/tool that I carry in checked baggage.
"Don't, I say don't bother me dog, can't ya see I'm thinkin'?"   Foghorn Leghorn
(05-13-2022, 10:36 AM)ChinaBuck Wrote:
(05-13-2022, 08:44 AM)Alabuckeye Wrote:
Yep. 

Not so much the last few years, but Iâ€ve done a fair amount of travel internationally and I always check everything. OTC and prescriptions can trip you up. Of course, it helps that Iâ€ve never taken any drug that wasnâ€t prescribed (and only as prescribed) and I donâ€t smoke anything. I donâ€t carry anything that might be perceived as a weapon. Although I do have a mini leatherman knife/tool that I carry in checked baggage.
Come on ChinaBuck. Everyone knows your fists are a lethal weapon to anyone who dares to cross ya. 💪💪💪
(05-13-2022, 10:36 AM)ChinaBuck Wrote: I donâ€t carry anything that might be perceived as a weapon.

Along these lines, I do always carry a titanium barreled pen that can be used effectively if necessary. There are lots of good options out there but I prefer the Fellhoelter TiBolt, similar to this

https://www.monkeyedge.com/Fellhoelter-T...ma1576.htm
(05-13-2022, 10:44 AM)Syncro Wrote:
(05-13-2022, 10:36 AM)ChinaBuck Wrote: I donâ€t carry anything that might be perceived as a weapon.

Along these lines, I do always carry a titanium barreled pen that can be used effectively if necessary.  There are lots of good options out there but I prefer the Fellhoelter TiBolt, similar to this

https://www.monkeyedge.com/Fellhoelter-T...ma1576.htm
That's what I want to use on Elon Musk if he backs out of this Twitter purchase lol.
Her wife...

"
Quote:
If the WNBA treated her like she gets treated over there...paid her like she gets paid over there...she wouldn't be there"

WHY RUSSIAN SALARIES ARE SO HIGH

Russian sports leagues have been able to pay top players these high salaries because some of the teams are funded by government municipalities while others are owned by oligarchs who care more about winning championships and trophies than being profitable. There are stories of Russian owners putting up players in luxury accommodations and taking them on shopping sprees and buying them expensive gifts in addition to paying their salaries.

In 2015, Taurasiâ€s team, UMMC Ekaterinburg — the same one Griner plays for — paid her to skip the WNBA season and rest.

“We had to go to a communist country to get paid like capitalists, which is so backward to everything that was in the history books in sixth grade,” Taurasi said a few years ago.

The Russian league has a completely different financial structure from the WNBA, where there is a salary cap, players†union and collective bargaining agreement.
(05-13-2022, 10:27 AM)ChinaBuck Wrote: My prediction: Griner gets convicted and a 10 year sentence. Biden whines, maybe, and the Russkies say FU. Trump gets re-elected and gets Griner out. After arriving home, Griner then goes on an anti-Trump tirade.
LOL. I was thinking the same except when Trump brings her back on Air Force 1 she is wearing a Trump shirt and waving a Let's Go Brandon flag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where are court "gag orders" in the U.S. Constitution? K9Buck 1 25 03-29-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: maize
  Biden reaches (allegedly) 270, now let's talk recounts, voting audits & court battles K9Buck 2,112 201,543 03-12-2024, 04:29 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  Colorado Supreme Court rules Trump ineligible to be on 24' ballot K9Buck 112 2,075 03-05-2024, 03:04 PM
  Yamamoto makes Dodger debut Hightop77 13 183 02-29-2024, 04:06 PM
Last Post: Sanitarian2
  Caitlin Clark makes history! unc4corners 12 226 02-16-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: wydileie
  Jordan Peterson: Court rules he must attend Reeducation Camp ChinaBuck 63 925 01-27-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: TroyKidd
  Family makes difficult decision to put grandfather into... K9Buck 0 52 01-15-2024, 09:51 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  Federal court revives lawsuit against Nirvana 1991 'Nevermind' naked baby album cover maize 9 201 12-23-2023, 12:42 AM
  Supreme Court to take up Missouri v Biden case ChinaBuck 3 136 10-25-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
Video Michigan judges must use a person's preferred pronouns in court K9Buck 0 77 09-28-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: K9Buck