Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A Big Bang led to star being born.

WELCOME new member AMaizawing (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ScarletHayesOhio primary for senate and governor
Who ya got?

I'm going with Josh Mandel for senate, with Jane Timpkin as a closer runner-up.  On that note, I was really surprised at Trump's endorsement of Vance, but hey...  that's politics.  

Mandel gets my vote for making the state's checkbook transparent.  Unlike most politicians the guy appears to be more than just empty talk.  I respect that.

Jim Renacci for governor.  Regardless of how you view DeWine's handling of Covid, it's time for this career politician to get sent out to pasture.  Whenever I see DeWine I envision a miniature dubya.  I've long had my fill of those clowns.  Renacci an outsider/businessman that understands tax increases (cough cough gast tax hike cough cough cough) in an inflationary setting like this is just borderline obscene.  Need some fresh eyes on things.  Time to move on from dynasty DeWine.
Vance seems to be leading in the recent polling.  I think Mandel losing previous races probably hurts him along with Vance getting more MAGA support.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

All the Ohio choices are pretty garbage, IMO. I'm not even sure I'll bother to vote in the primary.
Joe Blystone for Governor
I think Mandel pulls this off…send in the marines.
(04-27-2022, 09:12 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote: Who ya got?

I'm going with Josh Mandel for senate, with Jane Timpkin as a closer runner-up.  On that note, I was really surprised at Trump's endorsement of Vance, but hey...  that's politics.  

Mandel gets my vote for making the state's checkbook transparent.  Unlike most politicians the guy appears to be more than just empty talk.  I respect that.

Jim Renacci for governor.  Regardless of how you view DeWine's handling of Covid, it's time for this career politician to get sent out to pasture.  Whenever I see DeWine I envision a miniature dubya.  I've long had my fill of those clowns.  Renacci an outsider/businessman that understands tax increases (cough cough gast tax hike cough cough cough) in an inflationary setting like this is just borderline obscene.  Need some fresh eyes on things.  Time to move on from dynasty DeWine.

Mandel

Gibbons thinks he knows everything and Vance called Trump an idiot and his voters racists.

Dewine is bringing in Intel and didn't close down Ohio completely so he gets another pass
Can't vote in the primaries other than for issues so I have no voice, hope that DeWine gets dumped or at least the message. Will vote for ANY R in the general election for Senate.
I'm going Mandel, Vance is a slimeball

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Trump endorsed Vance because he knew the sound bites his opposition was using in their slander ad campaigns was only a part of what he was actually saying. But hey uniformed Voters are aplenty.
https://ohiocapitaljournal.com/2021/12/1...y-lawsuit/

squeaky not so clean Josh

These two are his Cronies from back in HS Days don't think they weren't funneling money to ole Josh. They got charged he walked away unscathed. Only good long time cronies take that type of hit for you.
(04-28-2022, 01:49 PM)TcSoup Wrote: Trump endorsed Vance because he knew the sound bites his opposition was using in their slander ad campaigns was only a part of what he was actually saying. But hey uniformed Voters are aplenty.
Please inform us of vance's reasoning and total context of those statements.

I'm not arguing I'm asking because I'm trying to figure out who ill vote for.

(04-28-2022, 01:58 PM)davebucknut Wrote:
(04-28-2022, 01:49 PM)TcSoup Wrote: Trump endorsed Vance because he knew the sound bites his opposition was using in their slander ad campaigns was only a part of what he was actually saying. But hey uniformed Voters are aplenty.
Please inform us of vance's reasoning and total context of those statements.

I'm not arguing I'm asking because I'm trying to figure out who ill vote for.

Vance, who has been groveling for Trumpâ€s endorsement for months, in 2016 said that racism and a lack of faith were the reasons why the soon-to-be president attracted so much support from white Americans. “There is definitely an element of Donald Trumpâ€s support that has its basis in racism,” he said during a [i]PBS Newshour[/i] interview in September, adding in another interview that “race is definitely a part of the Trump phenomenon,” and, in another, that “some people who voted for Trump were racist and they voted for him for racist reasons.”

This was Published in Rolling Stone Magazine as far Left of a Rag as you will find. If you read it carefully they are grasping at straws saying JD Vance called all Trump Voters Racist. Hell i agree with what he was saying and its true. He did garner the White Vote is that Racist ? No  When Trump promised to close the borders did that attract some racist Voters for the maybe wrong reasons.?  Yes  Thats what Vance was trying to portray and taken with sound bites out of context and used against him. 
You know as well as i do Trump never ever forgets someone he thinks wronged him or isn't with him. For him to come to Ohio and personally endorse Vance over the other two tells you where The Donald's loyalty is. Thats good enough with me.
Did you see Gibbon's and Mandel get into that verbal argument and expose each other face to face for who they really are.? 
That actually  happened even before Trumps endorsement swayed me back to Vance firmly. 
Google it. Worth the watch if you still are torn.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where in Ohio is this and how in Hell did this happen? K9Buck 6 62 03-21-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: TroyKidd
  Logan Co Ohio Tornado Blinky 5 91 03-15-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: Soupcity Kid
  How is it that a Republican won Georgia governor's race before & after 2020 elections K9Buck 221 2,201 03-15-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  NM Governor orders 30-day ban on carrying guns K9Buck 125 1,837 03-15-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: zigbee
  McConnell to step down from senate leaership maize 56 530 03-10-2024, 06:49 PM
Last Post: Iowa Mels
  Steve Garvey vs. Adam Schiff, California senate race K9Buck 45 527 03-08-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Alabuckeye
  Catastrophic train derailment in Ohio K9Buck 160 3,307 02-17-2024, 01:19 PM
Last Post: Soupcity Kid
  California US senate debates: do the math zigbee 5 96 02-13-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Fetterman in PA. for Senate Bonebuck 519 11,331 01-30-2024, 09:05 PM
Last Post: maize
  Latest on Governor Whitmer kidnapping hoax K9Buck 28 431 01-27-2024, 06:55 AM
Last Post: dunefan