Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: Keep an open mind! Finding the truth means willingness to listen to many ideas. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murderer Doc Set Free
https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/legal-regulatory-issues/jury-acquits-ohio-physician-accused-of-14-patient-deaths.html?utm_medium=email&utm_content=newsletter

So the killing doc gets off. Without the consent of the family, this doc gave lethal doses of fentanyl to 14 patients to "alleviate their suffering." But Ohio has no regulation on how much is too much, so this murderer skates. 

William Husel, a former physician at Columbus, Ohio-based Mount Carmel Health System, has been found not guilty of murder in a case where he was accused of prescribing excessive painkiller doses to accelerate the death of critically ill patients, NBC News reported April 20. 
Mr. Husel was found not guilty on all 14 counts of murder after a two-month trial. The verdict came days after jurors said they hit an impasse, which led Franklin County (Ohio) Common Pleas Court Judge Michael Holbrook to urge them to continue deliberations. 
Mr. Husel was accused of ordering fatal painkiller doses for patients who were near death and in intensive care while practicing at the Ohio system between 2015 and 2018. Prosecutors alleged Mr. Husel intentionally prescribed excessive fentanyl doses to accelerate patients' deaths, while the defense argued prosecutors had not proved beyond a reasonable doubt the doses hastened patients' deaths or that the former physician ordered the medication intending to kill the patients.  
Mr. Husel did not take the stand in the case and has not spoken publicly since the allegations arose in a series of lawsuits filed by families of the patients in 2019, according to NBC News. 
Mount Carmel fired Mr. Husel in 2019, the same year the State Medical Board of Ohio suspended his license. He let his license expire in 2021. 
"Don't, I say don't bother me dog, can't ya see I'm thinkin'?"   Foghorn Leghorn
Dr. Kevorkian

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I thank God that a doctor was brave enough to help stop my grandmother's suffering in this manner, after we begged him to help her, it was a blessing.
(04-22-2022, 09:20 PM)Sanitarian2 Wrote: I thank God that a doctor was brave enough to help stop my grandmother's suffering in this manner, after we begged him to help her, it was a blessing.
That is 100% different. This doctor did it without the family's consent.

Also, I realize doing things to people without the family consenting is the Dem way, after all, the government knows better.
"Don't, I say don't bother me dog, can't ya see I'm thinkin'?"   Foghorn Leghorn
(04-22-2022, 09:26 PM)ChinaBuck Wrote:
(04-22-2022, 09:20 PM)Sanitarian2 Wrote: I thank God that a doctor was brave enough to help stop my grandmother's suffering in this manner, after we begged him to help her, it was a blessing.

Also, I realize doing things to people without the family consenting is the Dem way, after all, the government knows better.
In the future the death panels will enact this as a cost savings measure.

I know tons about this and the verdict was 100% correct. The only reason he was charged in the first place was based off Politics.
(04-22-2022, 11:48 PM)TcSoup Wrote: I know tons about this and the verdict was 100% correct. The only reason he was charged in the first place  was based off Politics.
Then please feel free to share, maybe I have something different to learn.
At the end of the day if someone is in such a bad way, very old and very sick I can see this as a humane thing to do.

But did the patients consent?  I only wish someone would have ended the horrendous pain for both  my brother and mother who died lingering deaths due to cancer.
I guarantee that all of you that decry euthanasia have never had to live through a loved one's agony like this.
DANGEROUS WHEN PROVOKED
(04-23-2022, 12:35 AM)TakeThePoints Wrote:

But did the patients consent?  I only wish someone would have ended the horrendous pain for both  my brother and mother who died lingering deaths due to cancer.
I guarantee that all of you that decry euthanasia have never had to live through a loved one's agony like this.
I was at my mother's side when she died of multiple organ failure due to her lifelong addiction to cigarettes. I was by myself. The rest of my family was nowhere in sight. She had a living will, and I was listed as the person to make the final decision. And so I did. 

The key to me if there was a living will. What were the patient's wishes when it came to making the decision regarding whether a person lives or dies? What is the family's role in the decision-making? Perhaps I'm wrong, but I was under the impression the doctor made the decision on his own, without the knowledge of a living will or the family's consent. Maybe it was the right decision to make, but that is not his decision to make. That is my point.

If the doctor made a decision to end the life of a patient without the family's consent or under the directions of a living will, how does that not constitute murder?
(04-22-2022, 09:33 PM)davebucknut Wrote:

In the future the death panels will enact this as a cost savings measure.

I hope so, that's how it works in most countries where socialized medicine is all the rage. We spend far too much for end-of-life extension, let alone care. I pray that when the time comes my loved ones don't keep me alive for their own selfish needs.
(04-23-2022, 02:26 AM)ChinaBuck Wrote:

I was at my mother's side when she died of multiple organ failure due to her lifelong addiction to cigarettes. I was by myself. The rest of my family was nowhere in sight. She had a living will, and I was listed as the person to make the final decision. And so I did. 

The key to me if there was a living will. What were the patient's wishes when it came to making the decision regarding whether a person lives or dies? What is the family's role in the decision-making? Perhaps I'm wrong, but I was under the impression the doctor made the decision on his own, without the knowledge of a living will or the family's consent. Maybe it was the right decision to make, but that is not his decision to make. That is my point.

If the doctor made a decision to end the life of a patient without the family's consent or under the directions of a living will, how does that not constitute murder?
Here's where to start:  The Prosecution paraded 50 Witnesses up on the stand during the duration of the trial. Many of them didn't help their cause as to a person under oath they admitted on cross examination Dr. H was considered a kind warm hearted Physician who generally was doing the best to comfort his patients who were considered terminal . 
Though it might seem excessive the amount of the dosages given patiences wasn't illegal in any way shape or form.
The Defense Called 1 yes 1 Expert witness the whole trial who validated and confirmed the care given and medicine prescribed was within the boundaries of what would be described as Comfort Care. 
That 1 witness was cool ,calm and collected and explained for the Defense in a understandable way for the jury to understand that basically he was not guilty of Murder . 
Now we will see how the Civil Trial Goes. 
Dr Husells Attorney by the way is the same Attorney who got Casey Anthony Acquitted . just Sayin
(04-22-2022, 11:55 PM)ChinaBuck Wrote:
(04-22-2022, 11:48 PM)TcSoup Wrote: I know tons about this and the verdict was 100% correct. The only reason he was charged in the first place  was based off Politics.
Then please feel free to share, maybe I have something different to learn.
I watched a bit of the trial and in the end the main point was that there is no medical maximum amount of the drug that is permitted to be given to a patient and the line between causing death and alleviating pain is very fine. I would guess that the medical community will now determine how much FENT can be given based on weight and physical condition. 

It galls me that ***** sons and daughters are getting rich off of lawsuits that prevented hours/days more extreme suffering by whom they claimed to love. Please let my father cry out in pain and roll around in his bed for another six hours so I can hold his hand.

Damn right, I can never forget watching the pain and suffering my grandmother was enduring while she slowly suffocated in her own juices. BEGGING for help, crying and screaming, cursing for someone to end her pain. My mother forced the nurse to call the Doctor in the early morning hours to increase the Morph, she died less than five minutes after it was administered, bless that Doctor and Nurse, that's medicine.

I pray that nobody makes me suffer like that to stall their own pain at my passing.
(04-23-2022, 02:26 AM)ChinaBuck Wrote:

The doctor gave the patients a large enough dose of Fent to stop their pain and suffering, their bodies decided to stop working.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free the Nipple zigbee 3 76 03-25-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: dunefan
  BG/BM7 living rent free in the NH. ScarletHayes 9 142 01-05-2024, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Alabuckeye
  Southwest Airlines policy gives plus-sized customers up to two additional seats free maize 20 328 12-15-2023, 01:55 PM
Last Post: dunefan
  Free speech or a crime? P1tchblack 9 197 10-19-2023, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Hightop77
  Free Solo TakeThePoints 14 226 07-31-2023, 01:32 AM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free P1tchblack 8 178 07-22-2023, 11:01 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  UN Human Rights council demands death of free speech ChinaBuck 1 75 07-22-2023, 09:26 AM
Last Post: 3rdgensooner
  ACLU criticizes Florida for not providing "gender-affirming" care to murderer K9Buck 2 111 06-17-2023, 08:18 AM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  Is The Donald getting a free pass from the DOJ? P1tchblack 7 202 05-18-2023, 10:38 AM
Last Post: TroyKidd
  Karmic Free Market Justice stxbuck 10 216 04-22-2023, 07:54 AM
Last Post: maize